7 Reasons why D3 is the better POE

"
Khoranth wrote:
"
the simple fact is that d3 will always be harder than poe because grifts are infinite and uber elder is already ez. thats why d3 is better.

Why is harder better?

Diablo 2 was the best, funnest ARPG ever and it was easier than D3 and PoE, by alot.

I mean, if they updated and continued to work on diablo 2, the same way GGG does with PoE, i'd be playing D2.

Because times change. People need and want more. I can't even play a game nowadays if it doesnt have a leaderboard, a ranking system, etc. I just can't and I'm probably older than you are. I've played alot of games and had a lot of fun but the stuff I played in my youth there is no way I could derive the same pleasure out of in today's gaming climate.

I want my games tougher. I want ranking systems. I want ladders like League's Bronze/Silver/Gold etc. I cant play games that are too easy or don't have an endgame.

Like, D2 had no endgame whatsoever. But I played it a ton. I can be honest with myself and say nowadays I'd drop D2 in a month if it was released now. I just would. The PVP then was fun, its garbage by today's standard. Maybe you are one of the people who could just play it endlessly(I really doubt that personally) and it not just be a nostalgia trip, but I'm not and I'm guessing a ton of players aren't otherwise they would just rehash it.

People want bigger, better, stronger, harder. Thats what they want, and thats what I want. I know right now, there is no way I could spend the same amount of time in D2 in today's world that I did back then. No way. I'd quit in a month or 2. Too easy, nothing to do. The PvP, which is what I focused on mainly in D2, a sham compared to even WoW arena, much less Moba's.

I think Warframe is an amazing game. Just amazing. But its not hard, has no endgame, and therefore I just can't play it long. If it had any reason to keep playing I would be playing it over PoE and D3. I need some difficulty in my life. Just mowing down hoardes of mobs for no reason gets old.

D3 would be amazing if it just had some semblance of depth or new content because it has never ending difficulty. Actually completing a max rift is far more enjoyable than most things I do in PoE. But I play PoE because it has more depth and it has an economuy.
Last edited by Destructodave on Jan 23, 2019, 8:43:39 AM
POE is better to me, but even after all this years d3 does few things better. I just love the gore effects and combat of d3 compared to PoE. Its just so good, limbs flying around, guts spilling. Really hope that for PoE 4.0 they improve this segment a lot, as the combat was always and still is the weakest part of POE compared to d3 and other arpgs.
"
Destructodave wrote:

Because times change. People need and want more. I can't even play a game nowadays if it doesnt have a leaderboard, a ranking system, etc. I just can't and I'm probably older than you are. I've played alot of games and had a lot of fun but the stuff I played in my youth there is no way I could derive the same pleasure out of in today's gaming climate.

I want my games tougher. I want ranking systems. I want ladders like League's Bronze/Silver/Gold etc. I cant play games that are too easy or don't have an endgame.

Like, D2 had no endgame whatsoever. But I played it a ton. I can be honest with myself and say nowadays I'd drop D2 in a month if it was released now. I just would. The PVP then was fun, its garbage by today's standard. Maybe you are one of the people who could just play it endlessly(I really doubt that personally) and it not just be a nostalgia trip, but I'm not and I'm guessing a ton of players aren't otherwise they would just rehash it.

People want bigger, better, stronger, harder. Thats what they want, and thats what I want. I know right now, there is no way I could spend the same amount of time in D2 in today's world that I did back then. No way. I'd quit in a month or 2. Too easy, nothing to do. The PvP, which is what I focused on mainly in D2, a sham compared to even WoW arena, much less Moba's.

I think Warframe is an amazing game. Just amazing. But its not hard, has no endgame, and therefore I just can't play it long. If it had any reason to keep playing I would be playing it over PoE and D3. I need some difficulty in my life. Just mowing down hoardes of mobs for no reason gets old.

D3 would be amazing if it just had some semblance of depth or new content because it has never ending difficulty. Actually completing a max rift is far more enjoyable than most things I do in PoE. But I play PoE because it has more depth and it has an economuy.

I played through Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy Tactics & Chrono Trigger in the last year or so, on my phone. And I loved them as much now as I did as a kid. Guess I am just a different type.
Every one of the reasons is bs first of all.

The last one is the dumbest though. No rmt in D3? You literally cannot log in without getting spammed by the rmt morons. I can't believe there is rmt in that dumb game. Who in the fuck would pay for someone to level you up when it takes an hr or so? Who in the fuck pays for that stupid ring when you run 2 bounties and get it?

All it proves is that rmt exists for lazy morons.

Censored.
D3 isn't, D3 isn't, D3 isn't.. Great way to show that something is better :D
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Every one of the reasons is bs first of all.

The last one is the dumbest though. No rmt in D3? You literally cannot log in without getting spammed by the rmt morons. I can't believe there is rmt in that dumb game. Who in the fuck would pay for someone to level you up when it takes an hr or so? Who in the fuck pays for that stupid ring when you run 2 bounties and get it?

All it proves is that rmt exists for lazy morons.

Actually, its usually not lazy people. Its people who have more money than time.

Right or wrong, its not as cut and dry as lazy morons.
I've got more money than time but I don't do it. Let us say if you hate the game so much that leveling your character up in an hour or two is worth paying someone (and taking the risk of a ban as well) maybe try doing something you enjoy?

Sorta a no brainer.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Jan 25, 2019, 2:43:23 PM
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I've got more money than time but I don't do it. Let us say if you hate the game so much that leveling your character up in an hour or two is worth paying someone (and taking the risk of a ban as well) maybe try doing something you enjoy?

Sorta a no brainer.

They dont hate the game. They hate the mindless aspects of the game. There is a reason people drive cars instead of walk to everywhere they go. You got feet dont you? Why not walk to the store instead of drive your car? Its the same thing.

You drive your car, save you the 1 hour it would have took you to walk to the store. Why do you do that? You know why, and its why these kinds of leveling services are big business. People wanna skip the walk to the store.
Well, seeing as most people in my neck of the woods live 35 or more miles from their job that is rather out of the picture.

You can go on and on but RMT is bad. Bad for the community, bad for the player, bad for the game. It is stupid. I could afford to buy several stacks of ex in the beginning of every league (like some people I know without mentioning any names) but that would take the joy out of it for me.

You would never get a thrill from great drops again. Kiss of death. Tout fini. I would stop playing very quickly indeed.

If I liked D3, same would apply. That games is dumb anyway though.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Well, seeing as most people in my neck of the woods live 35 or more miles from their job that is rather out of the picture.

You can go on and on but RMT is bad. Bad for the community, bad for the player, bad for the game. It is stupid. I could afford to buy several stacks of ex in the beginning of every league (like some people I know without mentioning any names) but that would take the joy out of it for me.

You would never get a thrill from great drops again. Kiss of death. Tout fini. I would stop playing very quickly indeed.

If I liked D3, same would apply. That games is dumb anyway though.

D2 literally ran on RMT and duped runes. So bad that the developers kept releasing rune words that further used duped runes that very few people on the entire server would have if they were legit.

Like Zods, etc. Yet, people played that nonstop, all the time, and people around here will talk like it was the holy grail of gaming while they ran around in their duped enigma's and duped/rolled back BotD's.

RMT is a large part of these games. A very, very large part. I know people dont believe that shit but take it from someone that got to see it from the inside, since my friend made a living selling duped d2 runes and running bots galore in D2/D3. He sold 2k worth of duped runes to a single guy. His supplier, would routinely buy 20k worth of duped runes to resell to people like my friend, who then filtered them down the line to individual customers.

I mean, how many rune words did you use? I guarantee none of those runes were real. None. You still found ways to have fun even though everything you found on the ground was basically garbage compared to the mass of rune words, and anything you trade for was coming from mass bots, generally from people like my friend who had entire computer rooms of PCs just churning out items.

I dont care about RMT. I dont participate in it, but I saw it first hand with my own eyes and know who does it, why they do it, and how big it is. I'm of the same mindset as you that I would rather keep the joy of it. But for someone who might work 60+ hours a week and would rather drop 100 bucks to bypass leveling so they could play the game, say in WoW, I dont care. It doesnt affect me.

It might be bad, but its a part of the Arpg experience. And, I honestly dont look down on people that do it. There is no pvp in these games. No competition. Nothing. Why it bothers someone that a guy spent 100 bucks on some items to go farm his maps solo and not bother a soul I'll never understand.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info