7 Reasons why D3 is the better POE

"
IIPheXII wrote:
Only lacking things in d3 really is the rng rift system, mob AI, maps not adapted to mob size, the progression and dificulty curve (once you get your 6 set you deal 500000000% more damage), and the overall gear choices/item systems.

The rest is fine for me, no trading feels great, their public mm system while improveable is better than PoE, and party play has more synergy than just walking around mindlessly with an aurabot. Even the skills tied to classes system is fine. It's just legendaries and sets being tied to skills what kills everything there.

Is this a joke post? I can't tell.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
IIPheXII wrote:
Only lacking things in d3 really is the rng rift system, mob AI, maps not adapted to mob size, the progression and dificulty curve (once you get your 6 set you deal 500000000% more damage), and the overall gear choices/item systems.

The rest is fine for me, no trading feels great, their public mm system while improveable is better than PoE, and party play has more synergy than just walking around mindlessly with an aurabot. Even the skills tied to classes system is fine. It's just legendaries and sets being tied to skills what kills everything there.

Is this a joke post? I can't tell.

Me neither.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
If I was gonna make a list that showed the strengths of D3 over PoE, it woudlnt be that.

The actual playability and smoothness of D3 is far superior to PoE. The actual act of killing monsters and playing the game. Its just more fun to kill hordes of enemies in D3 compared to PoE for me.

I think the rift system is superior to mapping. I like scaling difficulty. On that note, I do think Delving is awesome, and of course GGG won't freaking back it for whatever reason and keep pushing boring ass maps that have been played out for awhile.

The game is just more difficult. I actually have to use every skill on bar compared to PoE. I have to actually dodge stuff on the ground, and take special packs seriously instead of just running over them like speed bumps while I scour the ground for currency drops.

Just the overall play of the game is vastly superior to PoE to me. Now, thats not saying D3 is better than PoE. PoE has its strengths. Economy. Depth. Builds. Better seasons(actual new shit to deal with compared to just a reset).

I'll probably get flamed because of the overall hate on D3, but thats my opinion. And I dont even play D3. I play PoE more. But I can admit when a game does something better, and combat and general playability is superior to me in D3. But most of the time, I would rather play the economy and path of building, which is why I play PoE more. Even if I run around with something like RF literally not even using a button to kill mobs.
"
Destructodave wrote:

The actual playability and smoothness of D3 is far superior to PoE. The actual act of killing monsters and playing the game. Its just more fun to kill hordes of enemies in D3 compared to PoE for me.

This was certainly the case in 2012. Not anymore though, PoE has caught up. D3 gameplay might still be better in parts (cyclone/whirlwind) but it's not "far superior". I also think that D3 gameplay is generally overrated. Play something like Victor Vran and you'll see what I mean.

"
Destructodave wrote:
I think the rift system is superior to mapping. I like scaling difficulty. On that note, I do think Delving is awesome, and of course GGG won't freaking back it for whatever reason and keep pushing boring ass maps that have been played out for awhile.

I personally hate the scaling difficulty, it makes difficulty itself meaningless.

"
Destructodave wrote:
The game is just more difficult. I actually have to use every skill on bar compared to PoE. I have to actually dodge stuff on the ground, and take special packs seriously instead of just running over them like speed bumps while I scour the ground for currency drops.

The game can't be more difficult when you can actually just scale the difficulty down. If you play it safe you literally can't die in D3 because just looking at damage numbers it's impossible to die. And I don't think that how many buttons you have to use determines difficulty. And when you count pressing buttons to use flasks, PoE wins anyway.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
D3 end game is boring and path of exile is fun.
"
Destructodave wrote:
If I was gonna make a list that showed the strengths of D3 over PoE, it woudlnt be that.

Just the overall play of the game is vastly superior to PoE to me. Now, thats not saying D3 is better than PoE. PoE has its strengths. Economy. Depth. Builds. Better seasons(actual new shit to deal with compared to just a reset).

I'll probably get flamed because of the overall hate on D3, but thats my opinion. And I dont even play D3. I play PoE more. But I can admit when a game does something better, and combat and general playability is superior to me in D3. But most of the time, I would rather play the economy and path of building, which is why I play PoE more. Even if I run around with something like RF literally not even using a button to kill mobs.

I agree mostly with what you wrote.

PoE has basically one way to play: shoot and move. From time to time build appears which can face enemies: to be burned to the ground... again.

D3 has more ways to fight. Fun and experience is much better in D3. Difference between those two games is mainly PoE is more like MMORPG that has cheap ways of killing exiles and mechanics to stay player longer in game. New leagues is basically rework of meta and hunting new gear. Level of frustration in PoE is above average human can take as maps and mobs inside them are lot of times unbalanced, which destroys fluency of gameplay.

So when somebody says PoE is better than D3, he mainly talks he loves MMORPG more than causal game like D3 is. Difference between WoW and PoE is almost none existing in this context, while D3 is totally different game in that matter.

I like more D3 for fun, but PoE for its MMORPG "philosophy".

ps: PoE has still desync issues, after reentering room you can die on invisible stuff, in fights you are half screen away from mob and his animation still hits/kills you etc. PoE is in that sense a cheater: its ping is 0 while your is always higher.
Last edited by Rexeos on Jan 19, 2019, 11:54:21 AM
1. better music
2. better story
3. better graphics
4. story, hidden meaning, monster names, authentic symbols etc. inspired by true human religions
5. better gameplay
"Jeder will gut sein, keiner besser."

Indianische Weisheit
Last edited by Blackster on Jan 19, 2019, 10:01:13 PM
This isn't Abrahamaic religions v 2.1.0 guys.

the simple fact is that d3 will always be harder than poe because grifts are infinite and uber elder is already ez. thats why d3 is better.
"
the simple fact is that d3 will always be harder than poe because grifts are infinite and uber elder is already ez. thats why d3 is better.

Why is harder better?

Diablo 2 was the best, funnest ARPG ever and it was easier than D3 and PoE, by alot.

I mean, if they updated and continued to work on diablo 2, the same way GGG does with PoE, i'd be playing D2.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info