[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

For those who went with the unnatural instinct route, is it really worth it?

I was able to kill uber elder and I clear maps pretty fast. I still die from occasion, but I'm wondering if the 17 ex investment is worth it?
"
Azdingo wrote:

I was able to kill uber elder and I clear maps pretty fast. I still die from occasion, but I'm wondering if the 17 ex investment is worth it?

I didn't swap to it but it didn't seem worth it to me at least until you have nothing else to buy, it worked out to be nearly 20ex for some movespeed and attack speed at the cost of some resists which I really needed given the way I geared the build. If you want to throw money into it for a damage increase I think a better investment is a multimodded glove with the temple mod on it. I don't have a mm version on my guy but something like this with damage during flask, crit/ele damage rolls:

I was pretty much in the same spot you are, even without putting an appropriate belt on in place of HH I was able to phase shaper nearly instantly so I didn't really see the value in UI.
"
Nozumi wrote:
So, with the upcoming changes to Cyclone, which, as stated by Chris, with 3.7 will become a channelling skill.......that basically kills this build right ?

as i read mate Cyclone will become better as it will stop as you stop pushing your rbutton :D
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bcd422/how_is_cyclone_coc_discharge_going_to_be_changed/
"
rapph wrote:
"
Azdingo wrote:

I didn't swap to it but it didn't seem worth it to me at least until you have nothing else to buy, it worked out to be nearly 20ex for some movespeed and attack speed at the cost of some resists which I really needed given the way I geared the build. If you want to throw money into it for a damage increase I think a better investment is a multimodded glove with the temple mod on it. I don't have a mm version on my guy but something like this with damage during flask, crit/ele damage rolls:

I was pretty much in the same spot you are, even without putting an appropriate belt on in place of HH I was able to phase shaper nearly instantly so I didn't really see the value in UI.
something like this is ideal instead of spending 17ex on ui
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
There is a critical error in the PoB provided regarding the PoB dps calculations in the notes section and as such 7m dps isn't anywhere close to being realistic or accurate.

"Main Ice Nova: Ice Nova Damage (216,077) x 2 (Frostbolt interaction) x 7.4 (Hits per sec) x 0.92 (Crit Chance) = 2,942,104 DPS"

At 3.7 cyclone aps and each attack hitting twice, you are indeed hitting with your Cospri's Malice 7.4 times a second, but that doesn't mean that you are going to get 7.4 procs per second, not even if you're spinning inside of a huge trash pack.

With some cooldown recovery rate somewhere on your gear and assuming perfect server tick rate with your procs, lets take for example you can get 8 Cospri's/Cast on Crit procs per second and we round your 3.7 aps to 4 aps.

At 8 procs per second the cast on crit effect will have a .125 second cooldown. At 4 aps you will be hitting once every .25 seconds. Cyclone does in fact hit twice per attack, but in your PoB scenario you're assuming that there's some sort of perfect .125 second delay between hits for each attack, which doesn't happen. One cyclone "attack" triggers 2 spontaneous "hits" with no delay and in no way shape or form somehow doubles your aps.

To reaffirm, just because you have 3.7 attacks per second hitting 7.4 times a second, you are not going to be triggering a cast on crit proc once every .135 seconds and instead would be triggering a proc at half that rate.

Fixing some math issues and removing the RF/VRF/Shock/"Stage 2 BS" crutches I would say that the build only has 1.5m consistent single target shaper dps being extremely generous.
Last edited by dj_splash on Apr 12, 2019, 11:03:59 PM
So i think im reaching the true potential of the build, where can i improve? What should be the next upgrade? Or i have to change the skill tree?

My Gear:

Spoiler

Having a blast with the build!

Edit: have the watcher's eye with # energy shield per hit too
Last edited by LocusReal on Apr 12, 2019, 11:12:50 PM
"
unhack wrote:
"
Nozumi wrote:
So, with the upcoming changes to Cyclone, which, as stated by Chris, with 3.7 will become a channelling skill.......that basically kills this build right ?

as i read mate Cyclone will become better as it will stop as you stop pushing your rbutton :D
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bcd422/how_is_cyclone_coc_discharge_going_to_be_changed/

I see, this is great news, thanks for doing the research o/
Wouldn't we benefit a lot from having a synthesised ring with the Frostbite implicit since the final version of this build doesn't use a curse? If so, what would you use as the second ring?
Hey i have 20ex budget and i dont knw where i should upgrade now =(.
Can someone give me advice on what i shuould spend on to get better. https://pastebin.com/LgEqX8hW
I'm wondering why life/mana leech boots enchant isn't mentioned? I've had huge mana problems against bosses. After getting enchant they are gone instantly.
So for anyone having mana problems, just get mana leech enchant on boots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info