[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Glad you guys are enjoying the 2H variant, let's make two handers great again!:)

Hohenheim_: I love the dps on your build man, it's nuts. I couldn't live with that little eHP, but I'm not that good a player, so I need the vaal pact, 7.8khp and 1kES and overleach to try and keep me alive v uber. You can see on my profile I made room for movement skills and cwdt setup in loreweave, so you'd have to drop blood rage, phase run, etc.

Do you use blood rage v uber? Also, I kinda feel blood rage defeats the purpose of running discipline, no?
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 21, 2019, 1:02:48 AM
"
Hohenheim_ wrote:

Unfortunately you've setup your character differently to mine. You've checked 'shocked' which is 50% increased damage taken. Shock from our ring only applies 20%, so you can't tick that for accurate readings. Instead add an additional 20% to your Cospri's for a decent estimation.

Also, that isn't your shaper DPS and you've got both RF and Vaal RF activated.

Accounting for all those changes, you damage sits at 383,839.0, while this new build sits at 818,823.3. That's a little bit more of a fair comparison.

As for how much I've spent... Uhhh... Too much. UI and Meeks were 15ex all up (already had one Meeks). Sword was crafted for around 4000 alts and then the necessary ex to go with it (I think 5 or 6?), I think my most expensive Jewel was 1ex, rest were either crafted or like 25 chaos.

Gloves were 20c, boots were 3.5ex, Loreweave is mine (took like 1200 fusing and around 2ex in divines), Shaper ring and Pandemonius are self found, diamond ring around 7ex. Helm around the same. And then a crap load in divines for most of the gear to balance resists and min-max as best I could.

So maybe... 50ex? And various socketing currency/blue orbs. That's for the currency version. Plus previous iterations is probably 100ex, but I've resold most of that gear to afford this stuff.

The constant Uber Elder and Shaper runs to test my DPS and eHP have paid off a couple times, which helps.

Yeah I noticed the huge difference afterward.

So I've done the whole math with the exact same settings, and 2 Handers are actually bonkers?

I read that Cast on Critical does both things simultaneously, correct? (So every proc of CoC does 1 Ice Nova and 1 Frostbolt exactly at the same time, everytime instead of alternating like a Corspri)?

If so here are the maths with Bonechill and Shock Effect under the form of "Nearby Enemies take 39% increased Elemental Damage".

My Build (I invested 110+ Exalts in):
- DPS Calculation vs Shaper:

Spoiler
Main Ice Nova: Ice Nova Damage (387,786) x 2 (Frostbolt interaction) x 7.4 (Hits per sec) x 0.9975 (Crit Chance) = 5,724,884 DPS
Cospri Ice Nova: [ Ice Nova Damage (153,694) x 2 (Frostbolt interaction) x 7.4 x 0.9975 ] / 2 (Cospri procs alternate between Frostbolt and Ice Nova) = 1,134,492 DPS
Cospri Frostbolt: [ Frostbolt Damage (123,375.9) x 7.4 x 0.9975 ] / 2 = 525,934 DPS
Cyclone: 15,473 x 7.4 = 114,500 DPS
Vortex = 22,494 DPS

Combined: 5,724,884 + 1,134,492 + 525,934 + 114,500 + 22,494 = 7,522,304 DPS

Including Culling Strike: 7,522,304 x 1.11 = 8,349,757 DPS
Including RF: 8,349,757 x 1.4 = 11,689,659 DPS
Including Vaal RF : 11,689,659 x 1.4 = 16,365,523 DPS

I am able to sustain Rightous Fire at all time with my specific setup so my final DPS without Bonechill would be 16,365,523 DPS.

2 Hander variation:
- DPS Calculation vs Shaper:

Spoiler
Main Ice Nova: Ice Nova Damage (808,823) x 2 (Frostbolt interaction) x 7.4 (Hits per sec) x 0.9714 (Crit Chance) = 11,628,221 DPS
Main Frostbolt: [Frostbolt Damage (513,500.7) x 7.4 x 0.9714] = 3,691,227 DPS
Cyclone: 7,145.4 x 7.4 = 52,875 DPS
Vortex (only Dot DPS)= 26,841 DPS

Combined: 11,628,221 + 3,691,227 + 52,875 + 26,841 = 15,399,164 DPS

Including Culling Strike: 7,833,206 x 1.11 = 24,614,023 DPS
Including RF: 8,694,859 x 1.4 = 34,459,632 DPS
Including Vaal RF : 12,172,802 x 1.4 = 48,243,486 DPS

Verdict:
16,365,523 DPS with Cospri and Lycosidae
34,459,632 DPS with 2 Hander

But I'm a strong believer that this is just twice the e-Peen haha I can already do Uber Elder deathless in less than 2 seconds per phase with the damage I do, as well as kill Pure Chayula in about 2.4 seconds.

Still, very impressive nonetheless!
Last edited by LordAzuRa on Jan 21, 2019, 1:40:57 AM
The 2hander version doesnt hit 7,5 times pr second does it?
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Hohenheim_
When I import your character on a fresh build, do the exact configuration and add the "Nearby Enemies take 39% increased Elemental Damage" on your pandemonius, I only manage to make you reach 495,770 Ice Nova Damage.

That is with Power, Frenzy, Endurance Charges, Chilled, lucky, etc.

What else am I missing?
https://pastebin.com/BS233GTG

https://i.imgur.com/g6wsjoK.png

When I import your sword on my build, I'd actually do more damage on a Ice Nova than you do on the freshly imported (515,210), but it's much less than your pastebin's 800K+.

So I think I would actually lose damage by losing the Cospri's procs if I were to equip your sword and get from 387,786 to 515,210.

But it is a completely different story if I just forget to calculate something and can actually reach 800K+ like you if I figure out what is different between that fresh import and your pastebin.
Last edited by LordAzuRa on Jan 21, 2019, 1:59:54 AM
CoC doesn’t cast both spells at once, it alternates between them. So first proc is spell A, second proc spell B. That’s why we need double the APS to keep the same number of ice nova procs when we have frostbolt and ice nova both linked to coc.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Glad you guys are enjoying the 2H variant, let's make two handers great again!:)

Hohenheim_: I love the dps on your build man, it's nuts. I couldn't live with that little eHP, but I'm not that good a player, so I need the vaal pact, 7.8khp and 1kES and overleach to try and keep me alive v uber. You can see on my profile I made room for movement skills and cwdt setup in loreweave, so you'd have to drop blood rage, phase run, etc.

Do you use blood rage v uber? Also, I kinda feel blood rage defeats the purpose of running discipline, no?

Yeah everyone is a bit different when it comes to what they feel is safe for eHP, for Softcore and specifically Guardian/Shaper/Uber Elder runs, anything above around 6K feels good to me because all the big hits are telegraphed and there aren't a lot of surprises.

For general mapping a little more eHP is good for rippy maps with crazy mods.

I will probably add a movement skill to my loreweave when Vorici decides to give me more than 1 white for once. Until then, it's overtuned Vortex FTW.

I REALLY want to drop Blood Rage and Frenzy Charges, but I don't know how to make up the attack speed deficit. I need an additional 32% increased attack speed on my gear somewhere.

PS: Why is your Frozen Trail in the Jewel slot it is currently in? Surely that doesn't work?
Last edited by Hohenheim_ on Jan 21, 2019, 2:02:43 AM
"
LordAzuRa wrote:
Hohenheim_
When I import your character on a fresh build, do the exact configuration and add the "Nearby Enemies take 39% increased Elemental Damage" on your pandemonius, I only manage to make you reach 495,770 Ice Nova Damage.

What else am I missing?

Gotta tick: 'Enemy was Hit by Fire Damage?' As I am using Elemental Equilibrium.

Also need to sub in a 21/20 Concentrated Effect, as I only run that on Guardians, Shaper and Uber.

Once you do that, tick: 'Have you Crit Recently?' and put 'Is the Enemy a Boss?' to Shaper/Guardian and that should be it.
"
Hohenheim_ wrote:
"
LordAzuRa wrote:
Hohenheim_

What else am I missing?

Gotta tick: 'Enemy was Hit by Fire Damage?' As I am using Elemental Equilibrium.

Also need to sub in a 21/20 Concentrated Effect, as I only run that on Guardians, Shaper and Uber.

Once you do that, tick: 'Have you Crit Recently?' and put 'Is the Enemy a Boss?' to Shaper/Guardian and that should be it.

That did it :) Thanks!

I am a complete noob when it comes to Elemental Equilibrium.
Wouldn't that eventually make it so enemies are more resistant to your cold damage?

Or it only needs ANY hit from another element and it does a kind of +25% but -50% resistance gimmick, so when you hit with Ice and Fire both elements gets -25% resistance?

Edit:
It Doesnt... "If you hit an enemy with two different elements at the same time it will give -50% Resistance to third element and +25% to both elements used. A hit carrying all three elements types will give +25% to all elemental Resistances.[1]"

Of what I read about it, every hit that deals elemental damage overwrites the previous EE.
Meaning even if you start the first hit with a Fire Damage (like Flame Dash?) your first Ice Nova will overwrite the fire hit and give the monster 25% Cold Resistance.

Meaning that in your current setup you would be giving monsters 25% extra Cold Resistance...

Unless there's something I don't get, in which case I'd love to be enlightened because EE is a crazy damage buff on my build too, so I'd like to get it to work.
Last edited by LordAzuRa on Jan 21, 2019, 2:13:51 AM
"
LordAzuRa wrote:

That did it :) Thanks!

I am a complete noob when it comes to Elemental Equilibrium.
Wouldn't that eventually make it so enemies are more resistant to your cold damage?

Or it only needs ANY hit from another element and it does a kind of +25% but -50% resistance gimmick, so when you hit with Ice and Fire both elements gets -25% resistance?

Edit:
It Doesnt... "If you hit an enemy with two different elements at the same time it will give -50% Resistance to third element and +25% to both elements used. A hit carrying all three elements types will give +25% to all elemental Resistances.[1]"

Of what I read about it, every hit that deals elemental damage overwrites the previous EE.
Meaning even if you start the first hit with a Fire Damage (like Flame Dash?) your first Ice Nova will overwrite the fire hit and give the monster 25% Cold Resistance.

Meaning that in your current setup you would be giving monsters 25% extra Cold Resistance...

Unless there's something I don't get, in which case I'd love to be enlightened because EE is a crazy damage buff on my build too, so I'd like to get it to work.

The way it works with our build is that Cyclone will proc EE (I have fire damage on my Cyclone), dropping the enemies cold res, then Ice Nova will hit and proc EE back to increasing the enemies cold res, but the next hit will be from my Cyclone, so it starts over again.

This is to say that EE cannot work with Cospri's Malice, as your Cyclone will constantly hit with cold damage.

@mrpetrov:

Just did Uber Elder with Blood Rage. Kinda sucked a little, but got through it deathless. If I can get my hands on a better Watchers Eye I think I would be in a sweet spot. Otherwise another 32% increased attack speed is what I'm after.

Was hard to pay attention, but the times I saw, Elder and Shaper were phased in less than a second, like instant blink from full to 3/4 and so on.
Last edited by Hohenheim_ on Jan 21, 2019, 2:48:05 AM
I'm looking for a good build to start when the ps4 release hits. This is something i'm looking for, going to try it out on PC now to see how it works, but would you think this could work on a fresh economy? I know leagues are fresh too, so i guess it should work, just wondering what you think about it.

We'll have to see how good it runs on ps4 later, but that's something for later :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info