[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
I only see 3.4 attacks per second

Do i need a better Cospris? A 15% CDR Belt?

without the cdr belt your aps should be 3 or lower. with the belt it can be up to ~3.7. so you either need a 8-9% attack speed cospri's or a cdr belt.
"
qaizr wrote:
"

without the cdr belt your aps should be 3 or lower. with the belt it can be up to ~3.7. so you either need a 8-9% attack speed cospri's or a cdr belt.

My cospri is 12%, i have a jewel with speed, and with the belt is still see 3.4 O_O
im a little confused about which way to go on my tree are we suppose to go out n take Arcane Potency? only level 76 at the moment
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Last edited by dragnmith1 on Jan 17, 2019, 7:03:45 PM
"
"
qaizr wrote:
"

My cospri is 12%, i have a jewel with speed, and with the belt is still see 3.4 O_O

did you read this part of the guide?
Spoiler
The MOST IMPORTANT part while figuring out our gear, is to make sure our attack speed does not exceed the CoC trigger limit. CoC can trigger a spell reliably 6.06 times per second (it has a 165ms cooldown)** (increased by the "Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed" mod of at least 14% - keep reading to see why we need at least 14%)**.

Therefore, we need to make sure we hit enemies slightly slower than 6.06 times per second and NOT more than that, as it will reduce our DPS.

Cyclone hits 2 times per "Attack". So 3 Attacks per Second or slower is about the optimal attack speed we want (unless we have 14%+ Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed on our belt or boots).

** "WhAt aRe yOu talkIng AbOut?! The CoC cooldown is 150ms, not 165ms!!!" - Check This post by u/psychomap which explains why this is and which also explains why we need at least 14% Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed for it to have any effect whatsoever.

"How to achieve 3 Attacks per Second?" With a 8% or 9% Attack Speed (NOT more than that) Cospri's Malice, Starkonja's Head, no attack speed on the rest of the gear and with this specific tree, we should reach 3.0 Attacks per Second WHILE NO ONSLAUGHT FLASK IS USED (don't use it for single target. We can still use it for better clearspeed through packs though since we crit many enemies and which means attack speed doesn't matter that much. We can also just use a Basalt Flask instead).

Once we have at LEAST 14% Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed from our belt or boots, the maximum CoC triggers per second become 7.57, as explained by the post i linked above. So the optimal Attack Speed for Cyclone would be 3.75 Attacks per Second or slower.

To achieve that, we will upgrade to a 14% Attack Speed Cospri's Malice and also use our Onslaught Flask on bosses from now on. Simple as that!

If you want to keep using Basalt Flask instead of Onslaught, take the "Coordination" node in the passive skill tree and 8% Attack Speed (not more than that!) from rare gloves or a jewel. Coordination node and 8% Attack Speed with swords from a single jewel is the most cost-effective way to do this. (Big thanks to Aim_Deep for this idea!).

You can always check your Attack Speed at your hideout (Don't forget to select Cyclone. If you have around 2.0 Attacks per Second you are looking at Default Attack). Look for 3 Attacks per Second or 3.7 Attacks per Second with 14%+ Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed. Make sure to also test it with Onslaught Flask if you plan to use this flask.
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
im a little confused about which way to go on my tree are we suppose to go out n take Arcane Potency? only level 76 at the moment

no and this build doesn't use mind over matter. there are links to the tree progression in the guide.
"
qaizr wrote:

did you read this part of the guide?
Spoiler
The MOST IMPORTANT part while figuring out our gear, is to make sure our attack speed does not exceed the CoC trigger limit. CoC can trigger a spell reliably 6.06 times per second (it has a 165ms cooldown)** (increased by the "Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed" mod of at least 14% - keep reading to see why we need at least 14%)**.

Therefore, we need to make sure we hit enemies slightly slower than 6.06 times per second and NOT more than that, as it will reduce our DPS.

Cyclone hits 2 times per "Attack". So 3 Attacks per Second or slower is about the optimal attack speed we want (unless we have 14%+ Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed on our belt or boots).

** "WhAt aRe yOu talkIng AbOut?! The CoC cooldown is 150ms, not 165ms!!!" - Check This post by u/psychomap which explains why this is and which also explains why we need at least 14% Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed for it to have any effect whatsoever.

"How to achieve 3 Attacks per Second?" With a 8% or 9% Attack Speed (NOT more than that) Cospri's Malice, Starkonja's Head, no attack speed on the rest of the gear and with this specific tree, we should reach 3.0 Attacks per Second WHILE NO ONSLAUGHT FLASK IS USED (don't use it for single target. We can still use it for better clearspeed through packs though since we crit many enemies and which means attack speed doesn't matter that much. We can also just use a Basalt Flask instead).

Once we have at LEAST 14% Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed from our belt or boots, the maximum CoC triggers per second become 7.57, as explained by the post i linked above. So the optimal Attack Speed for Cyclone would be 3.75 Attacks per Second or slower.

To achieve that, we will upgrade to a 14% Attack Speed Cospri's Malice and also use our Onslaught Flask on bosses from now on. Simple as that!

If you want to keep using Basalt Flask instead of Onslaught, take the "Coordination" node in the passive skill tree and 8% Attack Speed (not more than that!) from rare gloves or a jewel. Coordination node and 8% Attack Speed with swords from a single jewel is the most cost-effective way to do this. (Big thanks to Aim_Deep for this idea!).

You can always check your Attack Speed at your hideout (Don't forget to select Cyclone. If you have around 2.0 Attacks per Second you are looking at Default Attack). Look for 3 Attacks per Second or 3.7 Attacks per Second with 14%+ Increased Cooldown Recovery Speed. Make sure to also test it with Onslaught Flask if you plan to use this flask.

Ive seen that, still dont understand what im missing if i have enought attack speed even with coordination passive, my limit stays on 3.4 with cdr on belt. My cospri is 12% and is the only i have, cant get one of 14% but it still should be more than 3.4 while using attack speed jewel/coordination.
Heya, thanks for the guide. It was very detailed and helped a lot in making my character, I've done it a little different to how you've said but used a lot of the same reasoning's, feel free to give it a look if you like. I intend to drop purity of elements for Discipline once I get a better rolled helm/ring and a watcher's eye... But it works for now.

A couple of questions regarding the passive tree.

- Is Snowforged really worth 3 passives, considering you could pick up another jewel socket for that or % life nodes if your not max level.

- When moving up towards the flask/power charge wheels you could go via the spell crit wheel rather than the area damage wheel which seems to give more damage. Might this be a better path? Not sure how useful increased area of effect is.

- Elemental Focus at the start doesn't really seem worth it, maybe near the end if you've got 2 spare points but otherwise surely these points would be better invested elsewhere?

If I could get your take on this 3 comments, it'd be appreciated. Thanks again for the guide.
Last edited by fitsu on Jan 17, 2019, 7:52:17 PM
"
Roflwafflezzz wrote:
I switched from my lvl96 Sabetour arc trapper to this build and it's been pretty fun. I am, however, getting chunked and destroyed by late game syndicates and bosses. I know my gear needs improvement, but I have virtually all of the basics situated. Need to get a real helm enchant, glove enchant, and fix my gems in my tree (they lack crit multi). I'm sitting at 6,886 health, 614 shield.

I guess one of my main questions is; is a combination Mark of the Shaper/Elder ring more dps than utilizing Gifts from Above? We lose critical strike chance % and the 50% damage on consecrated ground, but gain life%, energy shield%, 25% increased ele damage (implicit), and 70% increased spell damage. I'm having a hard time using PoB with this build to get it to show damage correctly. Any thoughts?

Yes Mark & Elder combo is insanely good. If you have the currency follow my build and you will literally 1 shot every guardian in less than 2 seconds.
"

I got 80ex+ at my disposal and I don't know what I should focus on next.

Also, I've got mana problems and wonder how I should deal with that?

Ok so you have 80 ex budget let's see where I would focus first.

#1 - Working with 13% AS cospri, I am assuming you know the APS breakdowns and yours is close to 3.72~ with it so I'll skip this for now.
#2 - Try to get cooldown recovery on boots and open up gloves & belt for more damage (check my toon).
#3 - Ice nova damage on helm instead of enfeeble .. enfeeble was a cheap alternative at the beginning of this guide because no one wanted it, for the amount you pay for it now Ice nova damage is much superior.
#4 - Drop 30-40ex on a +2 Loreweave
#5 - get triple multi gems

After this, I have been brainstorming with the top geared coc players here and some think that it is better to go arcane potency & grab that close jewel while I prefer to reach down to right-side of Scion and utilize Unnatural.
"
Ive seen that, still dont understand what im missing if i have enought attack speed even with coordination passive, my limit stays on 3.4 with cdr on belt. My cospri is 12% and is the only i have, cant get one of 14% but it still should be more than 3.4 while using attack speed jewel/coordination.

you should be more concerned with the coc triggers. if you don't have 14% cooldown recovery then you want your aps to be 3 or lower. with the 14% cooldown recovery your aps can go up to 3.75

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info