Summon Skeletons

"
Perq wrote:
"
cirf wrote:
Summoned some skelly mages with the new Jewel, seems that GMP and Spell Echo don't work ond them? Is that working as intendet?

Don't think it is intended. I got response, that it has been passed to QA, but there are other things that are "higher on priority list". Really wish they held back with this Jewel until these "higher priority" things were solved, and added it properly, instead of wasting peoples time. My whole build for this league was about this Jewel, and I ended up with mess of a build.
It even got highlighted by someone from GGG - whole post about the Jewel and shit, and in the end it doesn't even work properly...

Left a really bad taste my mouth, making me not want to play PoE atm at all. The most annoying thing is that they hotfix shit that is popular on Reddit, and almost absolutely ignore some "smaller", yet build-breaking bugs/issues, because they are not as popular. I had to report my own post to get the response from GGG... :-/
Is the AI of these calcium guys ever gonna be fixed? Because that's the only major issue I have with the Skeletons-only witch I made. I know that it may be because of the amount of skeletons I summon, but it's just annoying to see skeletons going the opposite direction from where enemies are, specially when you summoned them IN FRONT OF THE DAMN ENEMIES.
"
AlexGrindor wrote:
Is the AI of these calcium guys ever gonna be fixed? Because that's the only major issue I have with the Skeletons-only witch I made. I know that it may be because of the amount of skeletons I summon, but it's just annoying to see skeletons going the opposite direction from where enemies are, specially when you summoned them IN FRONT OF THE DAMN ENEMIES.

I second this, the Skeletons move slowly, they miss often, and more importantly do not seem to engage targets right in front of them. The slow movement... thematically makes sense. The missing... ok so they aren't accurate, that works. The lack of basic threat assessment?

Please give them a slight intelligence buff, they should just attack the nearest enemy.
Please increase the base movement speed by 20%.

Adorable Begging Sadface!!!

After getting my hands on this jewel, I put it to test and here is my opinion:

1. There are a couple of places where you can locate this around 50 INT points, leading to only summoning 6 skeleton mages. I'm not sure if it's intended to be made that way or GGG didn't realized that there aren't a lot of places to use this jewel and get the benefit since it's range is MEDIUM.

2. Skeletons mages are of random elements, meaning that if you trigger EE with Lightning and the mages use lightning spells, they won't be very helpful. Not a complain though, I know it's intended to be that way.

3. The Skeletons Mages summoned dissapear when using Vaal Skeletons, due to the fact that Vaal summons mages as well. This means that, while you have Vaal active, you CAN'T add skeleton mages with regular summon skeletons.

4. The mages are affected by Spell Echo and Faster Casting gems. I've read that they aren't affected by Multiple Projectiles gem, though.

For now, the most important change in this jewel should be its range, as it would allow to use it on more places and perhaps someone may come up with an army of 16 skeleton mages someday.

EDIT: I actually found a video that tests 5 Dead Reckoning jewels, which means that you can have 15 skeleton mages. Still, it requires going to the Templar and Shadow areas to access more of these jewels.
Last edited by AlexGrindor on Jan 22, 2016, 7:39:53 PM
"
AlexGrindor wrote:

After getting my hands on this jewel, I put it to test and here is my opinion:

1. There are a couple of places where you can locate this around 50 INT points, leading to only summoning 6 skeleton mages. I'm not sure if it's intended to be made that way or GGG didn't realized that there aren't a lot of places to use this jewel and get the benefit since it's range is MEDIUM.

2. Skeletons mages are of random elements, meaning that if you trigger EE with Lightning and the mages use lightning spells, they won't be very helpful. Not a complain though, I know it's intended to be that way.

3. The Skeletons Mages summoned dissapear when using Vaal Skeletons, due to the fact that Vaal summons mages as well. This means that, while you have Vaal active, you CAN'T add skeleton mages with regular summon skeletons.

4. The mages are affected by Spell Echo and Faster Casting gems. I've read that they aren't affected by Multiple Projectiles gem, though.

For now, the most important change in this jewel should be its range, as it would allow to use it on more places and perhaps someone may come up with an army of 16 skeleton mages someday.

EDIT: I actually found a video that tests 5 Dead Reckoning jewels, which means that you can have 15 skeleton mages. Still, it requires going to the Templar and Shadow areas to access more of these jewels.

I managed to get 4 jewels without much problem. You sure pay some extra points, but well, that is the way it works, right? 12 skelies is just what you get with extras from nodes + levels.

Problem is that mages are still broken, because they cannot use projectile supports.

And we will have a 2 month anniversary, soon. 2 months of this Jewel being broken.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Feb 5, 2016, 2:35:18 AM
Is this skill changed in the last patch? they don't seem to degen health no more.

I was planning on making a cast on damage taken build that was shown in the build of the week, half a year (or so) ago, but they don't degen health no more...

also the army of bones jewel seems different then it used to be, nothing in the patch notes?

What am i missing?
"
Centrius wrote:
Is this skill changed in the last patch? they don't seem to degen health no more.

I was planning on making a cast on damage taken build that was shown in the build of the week, half a year (or so) ago, but they don't degen health no more...

also the army of bones jewel seems different then it used to be, nothing in the patch notes?

What am i missing?

Not sure about the Health Degen, but regarding Army of Bones, let me explain:

After the Ascendancy update, both Queen's Decree and Army of Bones were changed. Specifically, they lost their "Skeleton Duration" mods. Until now, it's just an error because the efects are still there. My skeletons lasted 60 seconds prior to the update due to using Queen's Decree to counter the amount of Army of Bones jewels I use. They still last 60 seconds.

If you equip one of those jewel, you'll see that the Skeleton duration is reduced a bit. Same applies for Queen's Decree, it'll increase your Skeleton duration. But that specific mod is not showing up in any of those items.
With Beacon of Corruption passive, do they create Caustic Cloud when expire? (not when killed)
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
Last edited by Radonegskyprotiv on Apr 27, 2016, 2:31:07 PM
Zombies are slow enemies thematically but they are fast minions. Forget thematics skeletons are so slow its just upsetting. Dumb and slow actually. They like to wander off. I thought this was gonna be a cool non SRS kinda minion but I regret not going generic Spectre.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info