Purity

Unavailable
Unavailable

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Seems like a VERY steep penalty for this bonus.
"
darkcoug wrote:
it's an aura, so you can use it on like a group of 4 people. It also maybe scales up in effectiveness at higher levels (while keeping mana reserve the same).

The reserve can also go down to below 30% if you use it with a reduced mana cost support.

So in a group of 4, the extra x% (possibly like 20% or more) resistance only costs each player an average of 7.5% total mana if the user had reduced mana cost (we could assume other party members had other auras like armor, cold damage, attack/cast speed.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
"
darkcoug wrote:
it's an aura, so you can use it on like a group of 4 people. It also maybe scales up in effectiveness at higher levels (while keeping mana reserve the same).

The reserve can also go down to below 30% if you use it with a reduced mana cost support.

So in a group of 4, the extra x% (possibly like 20% or more) resistance only costs each player an average of 7.5% total mana if the user had reduced mana cost (we could assume other party members had other auras like armor, cold damage, attack/cast speed.

except aura ranges are shit, barely anyone parties unless its with friends because of loot whoring, and gimping one characters mana pool for the 1-2 party members who might occasionally be in range would probably add a net negative to party kill rates?

i guess it might be pretty useful to a summoner though.
Honestly, with the resistance cap and how plentiful resistances already are, this aura seems very overcosted unless the cost goes down with higher level.
Last edited by Strill on May 13, 2012, 12:59:49 PM

edit:-

Shouldn't it be the other way round, the mana scale as the resistance increase?

But i am thinking of % mana increase instead of
a mana number.

BTW, will there be specific elemental and chaos resist gems?

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on May 21, 2012, 12:54:33 PM
There is a bug(in 9.10 at the very least) in which it says "additional X% cold/lightning/fire resistance", when it should say "additional maximum x% cold/lightning/fire resistance"
"
Namalbalbi wrote:
There is a bug(in 9.10 at the very least) in which it says "additional X% cold/lightning/fire resistance", when it should say "additional maximum x% cold/lightning/fire resistance"

at what level was that?
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Namalbalbi wrote:

at what level was that?

Well, this answered my question, I was wondering if that additional was meant to mean additional maximum.

As for when... I think it started showing up around gem level 10? I'm not positive, it definitely has it at level 12 though.
TehHammer is not a crime!
Can someone link a higher level gem of this, preferably with that description you're talking about?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info