3.5 Chaos/Cold Storm Brand - Uber Elder✓ 10k EHP ✓ Budget ✓ HC ✓ Hierophant or Occultist

"
crossroader wrote:
Is there any leveling priority path, while playing the build?

+1 to this - any suggestion on the leveling path? New to CI builds but not POE
My Occultist variant so far.

POB is saying Cold to Fire is the strongest option for when I get a 6 link.

I assume it'll be the same for you as well OP.

livejamie
"
NateDiesel wrote:
"
crossroader wrote:
Is there any leveling priority path, while playing the build?

+1 to this - any suggestion on the leveling path? New to CI builds but not POE

Don't worry about Energy Shield or CI until you get to maps IMO.

Start off as Hybrid Lightning Based Storm Brand.

Grab Runebinder first.
livejamie
Still working on gear as I just recently transitioned from arc totems and the 28% quality incandescent in my stash refuses to 6 link so I am using a sub-optimal 5 link but I am clearing red maps with no problems.

A few questions/ideas on the OCC version of the build if anyone could weigh in.

1.) Curses & Skill Gem Links
CWDT + Enfeeble + Immortal call + Brand Recall
Enlighten + Blasphemy + Temp Chains + Warlords Mark
I am wondering if I should replace Brand recall with increased duration for a longer immortal call. I am usually at 3 endurance charges and dont get hit too often. With +50% faster energy shield regen I feel like this would allow the occ to regen/survive better. Thoughts?

2.) Intuitive Leap = Massive Quality of Life
I put an Intuitive Leap jewel near Pain attunement to grab the big nodes Overcharged & Melding. This 8% chance on kill to gain a frenzy, power, or endurance charge is an amazing quality of life. I can clear a map in half the time now from just the cast speed gained from frenzy's and crit chance & you can save a few nodes and grab melding without the other nodes before it.

3.) Brand Recall
Currently running CWDT + brand recall and then a higher leveled Brand recall that I manually cast. I am new to brands as I did not league start with it but I feel like having both is great but I am losing out on a potential skill gem slot that could be used for Vaal RF, Clarity, ect. I feel like this is the lazy route with being able to click and summon all 5 brands near you and then when you get hit but im noticing I dont get hit too often with our defensive curse setup and freeze slowing mobs. Any thoughts?

4.) Apep's Supremecy
Added Apep's Supremecy + golden rule jewel + 5% pzn on hit jewel. Went from 7.2k ES to 6.6k (mostly from balancing amulet/resists but had to drop 3x 6% es shield nodes to acquire more jewel slots) but I think the consistency of having +3 max resists from the shield and the 25% elemental reduction from incandescent heart feels good. I have always wanted this shield so it was more of a want to put this item into the build than a need for it.

5.) Dropped Cyclopean Coil, added Stygian vise & Onslaught on Kill Abyss Jewel
I looked at my stats and there was no way I am getting my dex above my intelligence so the cyclopean coil does not seem worth the investment. I know to prevent degens like shock/burn and chill/freeze immunity is a top priority but I am using potions for these purposes for the time being. A stygian belt for +es and massive resists and abyss jewel with 8% chance on onslaught would improve the map clear speed a lot. I was unable to proc this on my totems build but now with storm brand, I think it will be very helpful in general.
Hierophant build question,
Where is the life leech comes from? only from the ascendancy pt illuminated devotion?
Thank you!
"
CBR500 wrote:
Still working on gear as I just recently transitioned from arc totems and the 28% quality incandescent in my stash refuses to 6 link so I am using a sub-optimal 5 link but I am clearing red maps with no problems.

A few questions/ideas on the OCC version of the build if anyone could weigh in.

1.) Curses & Skill Gem Links
CWDT + Enfeeble + Immortal call + Brand Recall
Enlighten + Blasphemy + Temp Chains + Warlords Mark
I am wondering if I should replace Brand recall with increased duration for a longer immortal call. I am usually at 3 endurance charges and dont get hit too often. With +50% faster energy shield regen I feel like this would allow the occ to regen/survive better. Thoughts?

2.) Intuitive Leap = Massive Quality of Life
I put an Intuitive Leap jewel near Pain attunement to grab the big nodes Overcharged & Melding. This 8% chance on kill to gain a frenzy, power, or endurance charge is an amazing quality of life. I can clear a map in half the time now from just the cast speed gained from frenzy's and crit chance & you can save a few nodes and grab melding without the other nodes before it.

3.) Brand Recall
Currently running CWDT + brand recall and then a higher leveled Brand recall that I manually cast. I am new to brands as I did not league start with it but I feel like having both is great but I am losing out on a potential skill gem slot that could be used for Vaal RF, Clarity, ect. I feel like this is the lazy route with being able to click and summon all 5 brands near you and then when you get hit but im noticing I dont get hit too often with our defensive curse setup and freeze slowing mobs. Any thoughts?

4.) Apep's Supremecy
Added Apep's Supremecy + golden rule jewel + 5% pzn on hit jewel. Went from 7.2k ES to 6.6k (mostly from balancing amulet/resists but had to drop 3x 6% es shield nodes to acquire more jewel slots) but I think the consistency of having +3 max resists from the shield and the 25% elemental reduction from incandescent heart feels good. I have always wanted this shield so it was more of a want to put this item into the build than a need for it.

5.) Dropped Cyclopean Coil, added Stygian vise & Onslaught on Kill Abyss Jewel
I looked at my stats and there was no way I am getting my dex above my intelligence so the cyclopean coil does not seem worth the investment. I know to prevent degens like shock/burn and chill/freeze immunity is a top priority but I am using potions for these purposes for the time being. A stygian belt for +es and massive resists and abyss jewel with 8% chance on onslaught would improve the map clear speed a lot. I was unable to proc this on my totems build but now with storm brand, I think it will be very helpful in general.

to 1.:

you can lvl your cwdt to lvl 3 and immortal call to lvl 5 and enfeeble to lvl 7. So Immortal Call lasts longer with endurance charges used. You dont need duration for it. (Or try a higher cwdt and tell us how it worked out)

to 2.: intuitive leap is a good idea i approve.

to 3.: the brand recall i use in maps is lvl 2 with cwdt linked for lazy purposes. For bosses i use a high lvl one.

to 4.: why not :) if you can balance your resistance

to 5.: i use cyclopean coil and i love it. I have both 30 dex nodes on skilltree aswell as on amulet so i archieve more dex than int. It is possible. I get onslaught with a flask so i wont need that on jewel. But im interested in getting phase run if i lvl higher. That would give us another defensive layout. Maybe someone uses it already?
Did Brand Recall level change? My gem and the one listed know longer qualify for CWDT. It's now level 43 at 3.
"
Silvermink wrote:
Did Brand Recall level change? My gem and the one listed know longer qualify for CWDT. It's now level 43 at 3.

yes thats why i let it on lvl 2 because of cwdt. The gem only gets up to lvl 6 i think.
This looks so interesting :p could u go a bit about pro/con between hiero/occultist?

I rly love the build ideas and maintenance of your threads, just wish the guides were a bit more detailed (gem section/ gear|stat priority and explanasions, lvling etc) i think u would save a lot of time in the end answearing so many (oftwn the same) questions :p

How does this compare t16/shaper/uberelder to your bv\kitava\scorching ray build?
Could u like rate em on speed/defense/damage?
Thx a lot for all your time

Especially interested in the bv comparison since i would love an arakaali fang build
Last edited by Schnubbel_ on Dec 14, 2018, 8:12:04 PM
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:
This looks so interesting :p could u go a bit about pro/con between hiero/occultist?

I rly love the build ideas and maintenance of your threads, just wish the guides were a bit more detailed (gem section/ gear|stat priority and explanasions, lvling etc) i think u would save a lot of time in the end answearing so many (oftwn the same) questions :p

How does this compare t16/shaper/uberelder to your bv\kitava\scorching ray build?
Could u like rate em on speed/defense/damage?
Thx a lot for all your time

Especially interested in the bv comparison since i would love an arakaali fang build

hey thanks :) , sorry I dont have much time to reply or fully detail the threads, I will if I have time. I am currently running 2 builds in BHC

all my builds are HC viable and tanky, this one I might run later in the leauge. The SR RF build is a build starter and can be upgraded and a really reliable end game kiter/bosser. This one is faster clearer and can do end game bosses too. Just depending on your play style

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info