[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Pandaroux wrote:
Have to change the weapon, but it's good engouh. For a dps upgrade, I need to pay 10+ex though.

Should be level 20 Vaal Discipline instead of Discipline. You'll want that toggle ES recharge for emergency ES regen.
Life flask shouldn't be needed. Wise Oak instead for 15% ele pen and a little bit of ele damage reduction.
No freeze removal on flasks, probably use that on Diamond and either hope you outleech bleeds or Vaal Disc through them. Can use corrupted blood jewels, but can be fairly expensive for good ones. I've TP'd out with some high stack bleeds before.
Quality on Ball Lightning adds a bit. Getting both 21/20 adds like 10% damage for 1.5 ex.
Belt could use some more ES like ES % or ES from body armor, but will only take you to like 9k ES for a few exalts probably. Your call.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/aVLneLaTe
Only PoB'd 2 items from that search. There is currently a 70c wand that you can replace the crit multi craft with trigger socketed spells. Slight DPS upgrade not including the frenzy charges, VD leech, or whatever else you put into the sockets to replace CWDT set-up. Just be careful with ele reflect maps.

"
hyperstoned wrote:
Ok so I've applied your suggestions to the life based build for now. Actually got a Kaom's, and to make myself feel better bought a corrupted 50% dmg one. :D

2. Yea, it is hard to recommend stuff for people without actually watching them play. Most of my suggestions are stuff that have worked for me or I've seen work for others.. but there is always hundreds of other options. One of the best parts of PoE. If it works for you, then keep with MS.
3. Legion Jewels are something I avoid, but high tier/rich players almost always use. They really dropped the ball on that one, IMO. They provide some really great build changes, but aside from the keystone change jewels, the ones that impact regular passives are a complete mystery until you put them on. And I just double checked and all of the keystone change jewels are not that good, IMO. There are jewels out there that will add like 800% increased damage to one of our spells or massive defensive stats, but good luck finding them and not getting scammed.

There is a point in most of the recent leagues where Divine Orb prices skyrocket. During Legion, it was when everyone was spamming Divine Orbs on the passive jewels to try and create god tier jewels. They reached like 40c at one point.. only 23c atm which may or may not be because of Metamorph drop rate. You're welcome to try your luck to create your own jewel that surpasses your own stuff. Just be sure to use the right jewel base and check all of your nearby jewels for possible good outcomes. Try checking a YT video for further help on that.

I can't recommend regular jewel upgrades for you. All of the ones you have are way better than mine.
hi @blackdeath101, i see u are a experienced miner, and iam starting now..atm lvl 58 with my first arc miner..imma gonna use this build as league starter next league..so..i want to ask u something.

1- From i've heard, i should start a league with the build from @AnActualHorn with life/MoM, then when i have enough currency i change to LL, coz its stronger than that original right?
2- We still dont know the patch notes, or if they will change arc, saboteur, or other thing that could impact this build, but its ok to use arc even for bossing? My friend @Meta_Andy, uses arc for everything and he even kill sirius aw8 without problem..but he says that before gone LL and arc, he was using Pyroclast..but i dont like pyroclast neither using 1 skill to clear and other to bossing.

ty
Last edited by jabeleta on Feb 28, 2020, 6:09:33 PM
"
jabeleta wrote:
hi @blackdeath101, i see u are a experienced miner, and iam starting now..atm lvl 58 with my first arc miner..imma gonna use this build as league starter next league..so..i want to ask u something.

1. Correct. Life or Life + MoM can be used all the way through end-game (see hyperstoned). But LL is far superior in terms of damage and survivability once you have the currency. LL feels so bad without a few uniques and solid ES gear.
2. Arc just doesn't feel great for single target. My personal preference for league start is whatever into GC just because it covers the whole screen, does decent single target, and chills when my gear sucks. LL + Ball Lightning has been absolutely destructive for me once I switched. So yea.. your skill preference is up to you. Try checking poe.ninja to see what other players use as their mine skills and try it for yourself to see which you prefer.

I've got my eyes on that new Kinetic skill with mines, but not planning anything until patch notes. I want to do summoner and I want to do mines.. but I have no idea which one will survive the league nerfs :P
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
jabeleta wrote:

1. Correct. Life or Life + MoM can be used all the way through end-game (see hyperstoned). But LL is far superior in terms of damage and survivability once you have the currency. LL feels so bad without a few uniques and solid ES gear.
2. Arc just doesn't feel great for single target. My personal preference for league start is whatever into GC just because it covers the whole screen, does decent single target, and chills when my gear sucks. LL + Ball Lightning has been absolutely destructive for me once I switched. So yea.. your skill preference is up to you. Try checking poe.ninja to see what other players use as their mine skills and try it for yourself to see which you prefer.

I've got my eyes on that new Kinetic skill with mines, but not planning anything until patch notes. I want to do summoner and I want to do mines.. but I have no idea which one will survive the league nerfs :P

hahahaa yeah..i got it..necro is too good right?! lel
Last edited by jabeleta on Feb 29, 2020, 10:12:57 AM
Will work in delirium league?
"
Deadpoooool wrote:
Will work in delirium league?

Most likely yes, but really need to wait until patch notes before we know for sure. If they decide to nerf the hell out of mines or remove mines altogether, then it won't exactly work in new league.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
Pandaroux wrote:
Have to change the weapon, but it's good engouh. For a dps upgrade, I need to pay 10+ex though.

Should be level 20 Vaal Discipline instead of Discipline. You'll want that toggle ES recharge for emergency ES regen.
Life flask shouldn't be needed. Wise Oak instead for 15% ele pen and a little bit of ele damage reduction.
No freeze removal on flasks, probably use that on Diamond and either hope you outleech bleeds or Vaal Disc through them. Can use corrupted blood jewels, but can be fairly expensive for good ones. I've TP'd out with some high stack bleeds before.
Quality on Ball Lightning adds a bit. Getting both 21/20 adds like 10% damage for 1.5 ex.
Belt could use some more ES like ES % or ES from body armor, but will only take you to like 9k ES for a few exalts probably. Your call.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/aVLneLaTe
Only PoB'd 2 items from that search. There is currently a 70c wand that you can replace the crit multi craft with trigger socketed spells. Slight DPS upgrade not including the frenzy charges, VD leech, or whatever else you put into the sockets to replace CWDT set-up. Just be careful with ele reflect maps.

Had the vaal disc lvl 19 leveling in spare sockets. It's ready now.
Life flask was just equiped in ho to change aura, I got a wise oak. My bad linking it.
I will see what I can do about the weapon. Thanks
Tried this build last 3 days since i achieved 36 but honestly i think it isnt for me, placing mines and detonating them twice then moving/while moving is just .. not fun? i guess. i tried hyperzoned build as much similarity as i could. its tanky and good single target but clearing maps fast isnt really happening
Really hate Maven as a boss and its mechanics! pls give us something cool like Elder/Shaper
"
Tried this build last 3 days since i achieved 36 but honestly i think it isnt for me, placing mines and detonating them twice then moving/while moving is just .. not fun? i guess. i tried hyperzoned build as much similarity as i could. its tanky and good single target but clearing maps fast isnt really happening

Tremor Rod isn't the end all be all. Definitely the strongest single target, but I did the whole league without one. It just means you can't use Kaom's so your life pool suffers. Which is why I usually push people with currency towards LL and to experiment with other skills. I can drop my GC or Ball Lightning mines, detonate them, and then basically "ride them" as they kill stuff before dropping more.

If you don't want to invest into trying it out, I'd recommend finding some YT videos of LL mines as they can clear pretty fast. Nothing like HH or Flicker, but fairly quick for 8-10k ES and under 10-15 ex.
Would glacial cascade work as a substitute for Ice spear on single target?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info