Mobile gaming thread

By ugliest you mean Caesar?

Yeah, I've had advice from other people too, that pretty much few 3 star servants are powerhouses once grailed.

Good thing is that I dont have a favourite servant that I "must" own, so I'm free to optimize and not feel bad not having them.

And I see that game nice QoL update yesterday, which makes it easier to enhance and sort stuff.
Spreading salt since 2006
9th Dawn 2 is decent RPG kinda reminds me of the first 2 Divinity games on the PC.While the graphics are very rough the animation is smooth and shows in the spell effect.Combat in general is quite fun as it plays like a twin stick.It has Labrinth like areas with moving platforms and pressure plates etc,it is not super hard though,easier than games like Tomb raider.

One gripe people have with it is the spell system is a little OP and unbalanced on it’s own and against melee/ranged.

The author is currently on a 3rd game in the series which he is hoping to make improvements and has a forum for suggestions and feedback.

Heretic Gods make up your own mind on this as I haven’t played much of it.Android only at the moment.

https://curacha.at/

A D2 clone that takes nearly every aspect of the loot system.Felt a bit clunky to me and the environments seem a bit dull.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
FFT: WotL is currently 5 bucks on the play store. 1 day left.

You know, I never understood why they didn't make more of those. I remember playing Tactics on the Playstation and loving it. Hours on hours. I still can't believe they haven't made new ones.

Also, there was another game just like it during the same time period, but I never played it and I cant remember the name of it. Same concept.

Is it any good for phone? I read its a crappy port. I just got a new phone today so I'm back in the Mobile ballgame; even though I do play a ton on emulators. But I find if I dont have it on my phone, too, I'll stop playing it, weirdly enough. If its on my phone, I can check in, but play primarily on emulator. Once its off my phone, though, its out of sight, out of mind, and I just forget to even do stuff and eventually never log on again.

Gonna reinstall FF:Be, look into other games, too.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I've yet to try it but for five bucks, I didn't really hesitate.

I always preferred Tactics Ogre at the time, which was made by the same people (right down to the soundtrack) and had, imo, a much grittier setting and story. Better art, too. Tactics Ogre got a wonderful rerelease on PSP so I hope to see that on mobile someday.

Thats it, lol. I always wanted to play that game, but you would never see that game in a store in my area. I live in the country(GA), and back then you just had to get what was at the stores. I mean I didnt even have high speed internet(DSL) until the 2000s, lol, much less access to games like Tactic Ogre in the 90's when I was playing games like FF:Tactics. I just remember seeing it in Gaming Mags and wanting to play it because it was just like FF:Tactics.

I may pick it up for 5 bucks just for the nostalgia. Just reading reviews, sounded like a bad port, but what isn't.
Well, I been playing Puzzles and Dragons. Its ok. I dont like the fact you can't play on an emulator and your phone, though. I dont like having to play the games primarily on a phone. I like to be able to swap between them. Outside of that, its something different and old enough it doesnt seem to drain a battery very much.

Been thinking of giving Fire Emblem Heroes a shot, too.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
PAD never officially made it to Australia but a friend of mine tunneled into the US to get his fix. That game has had *so* many collaborations.

Its fairly ok for now. I like there is zero automation, and its at least involving. I know I tried to get into some Summoner Wars clones, and they just turn into clicker heroes where you set them on auto all the time.

Right now you get like 200 stones and a 7 star witch, all kinds of stuff for a new start so thats pretty cool for now.

Having to constantly play it on my phone is kind of annoying though. The one thing I like about some of the other games I play is they are linked to your google account/facebook account and it doesnt matter what device you play it on if you log in. PAD doesn't seem to have that feature that I've seen. Its tied directly to your main device.

You tried Fire Emblem heroes? I see it gets good reviews/has a large community which is nice. Thats another thing about PAD compared to say, FF:BE. FF:BE has a robust community with calculators, help threads, videos, you name it. PAD you just seem on your own.

Normally this is great; but in a mobile game where time is money, pissing away resources unoptimally just rubs me the wrong way, lol.
Last edited by Destructodave on Dec 2, 2018, 5:17:18 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
yeah the GF played some FEH. It didn't stick with her for some reason. We both played Fantasica before it, which seems like a similar sort of game. Neither of us are huge FE nuts so I guess a lot of the characters and references went over our heads. :)

Yea, I didnt even know the game/franchise existed. I've been out of the console loop for a long time. My buddy sells crap on Amazon for a living and he was telling me how crazy people go for any Fire Emblem junk, and that was the first time I heard of it.

So I have no clue about any of the characters in that game. It sounds like a good game(the actual Nintendo console/handheld version), but I dunno about the mobile Gacha game.

My friend didn't like it either. But I've just been looking for some fun games and it keeps popping up on my searches.

While browsing youtube for fate grand order commentary and stuff I came along this years release that I never imagined as a concept.

Fate grand order arcade. Basically arcade game where you can have your acc, you get rolled cards printed and can use on other playthroughs from gacha and is being played simmilar to how mobile looks together with some extra controls and live action, instead of turn based as on mobile.

I mean, i never could think of gacha arcade machine. If it had binding with mobile account that would be something even more new.
Spreading salt since 2006
I've been playing FGO for about half a year now.
It's a pretty fun game, but I just wasted the best event (which I have been saving apples for, lol) because I discovered POE last week and had too much fun with it to bother farming a mobile game.
No regrets really because PoE is first game since forever I had so much fun with.
I've been playing a game recently called Gems of War.

Its on Steam, but its also a mobile game. It's quite good. It doesn't have stamina. You can play to your heart's content. Its basically a card game where you match orbs(Like Puzzles and Dragons/Marvel Puzzle Quest) for mana to cast spells from your party(cards).

I been grinding it up. Just something about grinding stuff out I enjoy when its new to me. I like the fact I can just play it from steam on my computer. I haven't installed it on my phone; still playing Puzzles and Dragons.

It has all your typical mobile trappings; arena/pvp/daily login/card packs to buy, etc. But as long as you got time to grind, its all yours. No stamina holding you back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info