[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

Saw this in global and chimed in to spread the word about autobombers being pretty fast.

Few minutes later, this was the response I got:

I chuckled, have a good day everyone.
Just wanted to jump in and say that I read this guide before 3.6 flashback started and figured it would be a good way to farm a temporary league. I just switched my spec from leveling with winter orb to auto bomber with mediocre gear and it’s been a blast so far. My biggest draw back so far is I have absolutely horrible single target damage which is to be expected. I am considering trying to come up with a decent 4L to improve this just to get through tougher rares since there are many different ones possible in this flashback league. Anyone have any ideas?

Winter orb?
Cyclone CoC?

While thinking about this I also realized I have no Vaal RF, so that should help as well.

I am playing... towards autobomber as well.

I would advice you to take Blade flurry + CoC + some spell for single target
Shield charge sucks for single target.. but with Blade flurry CoC + casts from cospri.. you will deal decent single target damage.

Btw... Do you actualy need 25 all stats from pure talent connected to scion? It seems like a huge waste of points just to travel there for 25 stats. Going for spiritual aid instead of connecting totemplar would also give you more dmg.

Question to you... Looking at your char - is Herald of Thunder dealing enough dmg to actualy start the chain reactions? I have just 4L and its basicaly useless for me for anything but white mobs.. I have to start everything with CoC setup to be sure things are dying.
Last edited by Nathaniell123 on May 17, 2019, 1:41:30 PM
I probably don’t need the stats tbh I just blindly followed the tree even though I don’t have an unnatural instinct. I needed the dex at one point but not any more. I should probably drop it for more damage. I am at the point where the chains are going off by themselves 50%+ of the time and it’s feeling good. There’s definitely room for improvement but I have low gems trash gear and the bare essentials for the build to function. Considering that it feels great so far while a ton of room for improvement. I will say my plan is to run burial chambers and get some MF gear to farm currency. I am not trying to push to end game so im just in tier 1-5 maps right now.

"
Nathaniell123 wrote:
Btw... Do you actualy need 25 all stats from pure talent connected to scion? It seems like a huge waste of points just to travel there for 25 stats. Going for spiritual aid instead of connecting totemplar would also give you more dmg.
The jewel socket is a waste of points unless you socket Unnatural Instict in it.
"
b0moodc wrote:
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:
The jewel socket is a waste of points unless you socket Unnatural Instict in it.

Yeah definitely gonna get that changed when I get home tonight.

Well.. after playing the build for some time (although without watchers eye and unnatural instinct) I have to say....

Build is fun, clearing maps/delve is fast and chains are great... but... The survivality absolutely sucks. Even with jade flasks, evade on focus and vaal grace.... there is so many times when you will get absolutely rekt.

I have played winter orb occultist when it came out... the gameplay was basicaly the same (you just have to cast WO for a sec every now and then... otherwise you are runing all the time as well)... but you could have 10k+ ES... 4.5+5k hp is just not enough.
Last edited by Nathaniell123 on May 19, 2019, 3:23:57 PM
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:
Well.. after playing the build for some time (although without watchers eye and unnatural instinct) I have to say....

Build is fun, clearing maps/delve is fast and chains are great... but... The survivality absolutely sucks. Even with jade flasks, evade on focus and vaal grace.... there is so many times when you will get absolutely rekt.

I have played winter orb occultist when it came out... the gameplay was basicaly the same (you just have to cast WO for a sec every now and then... otherwise you are runing all the time as well)... but you could have 10k+ ES... 4.5+5k hp is just not enough.

I'll agree to some of your points. The build is very fast but not THAT much faster than WO and it definitely feels worse than the Windripper character I played last flashback. The reason is because of survivability and literally 0 single target damage though. I pretty much have to skip all bestiary mobs, incursion bosses map bosses and much more. I never had to do this with my Windripper build even when it wasn't heavily invested. I am gonna keep rolling through this character for the league though and get a 6L calamity, unnatural instinct and watchers eye before its over and see how much better it can get.

This is a run straight go fast build for sure though.

"
Cruxation wrote:
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:

I'll agree to some of your points. The build is very fast but not THAT much faster than WO and it definitely feels worse than the Windripper character I played last flashback. The reason is because of survivability and literally 0 single target damage though. I pretty much have to skip all bestiary mobs, incursion bosses map bosses and much more. I never had to do this with my Windripper build even when it wasn't heavily invested. I am gonna keep rolling through this character for the league though and get a 6L calamity, unnatural instinct and watchers eye before its over and see how much better it can get.

Well, I don't really have problem with killing bosses, I am just squishy while doing so. you might try to change your boots setup to Blade flurry + Faster Attacks + Additional Accuracy + Inc crit chance. It should improve your single target and make the crits much more reliable.

After making the previous post, I have switched some points and invested in Acro + Phase acro. With Vaal grace I am capped on dodge chance and 63% spell dodge.. With this regular map boss fights feel soo much better.

When I was fighting elder in T8 map. I ditched HoT, took tabula and used BF + FastA + Inc Crit + CoC + FrostBolt + Ele Focus, used Hatred and FrostBolt jewel.

Also I just realized, that malachai ring with ele equilibrium with armageddon brand could be absolutely huge dps boost for bosses like guardians/shaper/elder (when you dont have the watchers eye + hatred in worm ring combo)
"
Cruxation wrote:
"
Nathaniell123 wrote:

I don't mean to be disrestpectful towards any of you, but it is very clear that your characters will fall flat on their faces the moment you try to do anything other than breeze through maps. You have to have strong equipment to tackle hard content, and then it actually becomes trivial, but it is implied many times throughout the build that you can't expect to do this without heavy investment, let alone your current setups.

And yes, you will still need a fair amount of game knowledge to dodge threats to stay alive, but that really isn't something to blame on the build.
Last edited by b0moodc on May 19, 2019, 6:26:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info