[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

"
NoBillag wrote:
"
poofofexile wrote:

4 with +7 to non-damaging ailment corruptions.

Why did you opt for those?

To increase the chance of rare/unique mobs & bosses that have survived HoI chains to get shocked (+ shock effectiveness), leading to increased damage from GC. 80% from elder items + 28% jewels+ xx% from tree

Of course there are diminishing returns on investment on ailment effectiveness.

I will have to check out monster life tables vs HoI damage * shock effectiveness to determine how close to the cap of extra 50% damage taken when shocked can be achieved.
What are your thoughts on the new consecrated ground and changes to hatred and will it change anything about the build?
b0moodc will probably answer better than me (I am but a humble scrub/buildkiddie), but looks like the changes positively affect HoI or HoT (with added cold damage) and GC will take a hit.

The build moves too fast, when fairly optiimised, to take advantage of Consecrated Ground. It may be of decent use on bosses.
"
Boni94 wrote:
What are your thoughts on the new consecrated ground and changes to hatred and will it change anything about the build?
We'll need the numbers to know for sure, but so far the changes to Hatred are strictly a buff. Consecrated ground might as well not exist.

EDIT: As Glacial Cascade has been nerfed, the changes to Hatred don't fully make up for it. We lost some singletarget damage, which will be noticeable for most people.
Last edited by b0moodc on Mar 6, 2019, 8:37:59 AM
How is this build looking for 3.6? I know some buffs/nerfs have happened but overall is it still a viable build?
"
How is this build looking for 3.6? I know some buffs/nerfs have happened but overall is it still a viable build?
After some thought, it's certainly going to stay as competitive as always. Divine Wrath and Divine Fury are quite decent for Glacial Cascade (with Wise Oak!), and new Hatred will boost the damage of our heralds, which is nice.

I'll make sure to confirm post-launch, but be confident that the build wasn't nerfed.
Okay cool, Im just worrying about going this build in a league that CI looks to be meta again. Is this build tanky enough for end game bosses? how does it hold up in Uber elder..etc? My other question is since I have never played a build like this or similar, how might you go about leveling? I am a pretty experienced player so I assume arc traps or something similar would probably be able to carry me into making this build. But give me your opinion :)
Hey dudes so I was planning to play this build as my league starter in synthesis mainly just to farm burials and possibly lair if the cards dont change positions i was planning to go MF with goldwyrm, sadimas [until i can get essence crafted gloves] biscos leash, 2 pariahs and rats nest or a mediocre rare until i can get tempest binding and instead of using Cospris malice I would probably use cast on crit GC in a 4 link until i could afford a cospris

last league i started as tornado shot MF and worked my way up to HH, +2 tornado devotos which was 20ex rigwalds quills, 2 pariahs, 6l windripper/queen etc etc i made quite alot quite fast farming shaped toxic sewers im quite experienced at the game but ive never played a autobomber

to get to the point i was wondering if

A} this would be ok as a MF leaguestarter to farm lower tiered maps [up to t8s at the very highest]

B} how would a mf variant compare to other mf leaguestarters like EK nova, KB wander, Tornado shot etc etc ive played the 3 I mentioned and enjoyed them all for different reasons but how would the speed on a low budget as mf compared with those other builds?

C} I play 90-100% of the time with an aurabot on my MF character and when he isnt online i play a seperate character so assume he is with me all the time would this build work well with an aurabot i assume its a no brainer yes and the new auras and change to hatred only help that?

D} If this is a good league starter that will be competitively fast on a budget with MF gear would a Aurabot with 11-13 auras be stronger to pair with or a curse bot using 5-6 curses and 5-6 auras?

the other options I am considering are MF winter orb elementalist probably none crit
a EK nova Elementalist with Phys to lightning support and hrimsorrow

a EK nova deadeye without the need for hrimsorrow with chain from ascend and fork as a support gem

BV elemenalist with phys to lightning and Hrimsorrow

All of those would be MF though the ones requiring hrimsorrow would have 10 less quant [2-3% less loot after diminishing returns overall]

to anyone who has alot off experience and could help answer all these questions i have some fairly nice rewards for you on standard if you want them and play there :) cheers

Last edited by matty20uk on Mar 7, 2019, 4:05:11 AM
"
Okay cool, Im just worrying about going this build in a league that CI looks to be meta again. Is this build tanky enough for end game bosses? how does it hold up in Uber elder..etc? My other question is since I have never played a build like this or similar, how might you go about leveling? I am a pretty experienced player so I assume arc traps or something similar would probably be able to carry me into making this build. But give me your opinion :)
If you were a god gamer you could down Uber Elder on this build, but for everyone else the answer is "certainly not in a thousand years". Most people struggle to kill yellow tier map bosses, I personally don't have any issue with T16 bosses, but I understand that I invested quite a lot into my character.

Storm Brand is most likely a better choice than Arc for leveling.

"
matty20uk wrote:
Hey dudes so I was planning to play this build as my league starter in synthesis mainly just to farm burials and possibly lair if the cards dont change positions i was planning to go MF with goldwyrm, sadimas [until i can get essence crafted gloves] biscos leash, 2 pariahs and rats nest or a mediocre rare until i can get tempest binding and instead of using Cospris malice I would probably use cast on crit GC in a 4 link until i could afford a cospris
I cannot recommend using Cast on Crit, and certainly not in a 4L. You'd have no space for support gems on your Glacial Cascade, no Additional Accuracy on your Shield Charge, and no Fortify to keep you slightly safer. It sounds like a recipe for disaster.
"
matty20uk wrote:
last league i started as tornado shot MF and worked my way up to HH, +2 tornado devotos which was 20ex rigwalds quills, 2 pariahs, 6l windripper/queen etc etc i made quite alot quite fast farming shaped toxic sewers im quite experienced at the game but ive never played a autobomber

to get to the point i was wondering if

A} this would be ok as a MF leaguestarter to farm lower tiered maps [up to t8s at the very highest]
It's a strong contender, you can get it going for cheap, but it's going to feel very rough until you can refine your setup with most of the recommended jewels and flasks (and Sadima's feels like crap).
"
matty20uk wrote:
B} how would a mf variant compare to other mf leaguestarters like EK nova, KB wander, Tornado shot etc etc ive played the 3 I mentioned and enjoyed them all for different reasons but how would the speed on a low budget as mf compared with those other builds?
Those three builds have to attack to clear mobs, autobombers only move. It might sound silly, but it makes a huge difference.
"
matty20uk wrote:
C} I play 90-100% of the time with an aurabot on my MF character and when he isnt online i play a seperate character so assume he is with me all the time would this build work well with an aurabot i assume its a no brainer yes and the new auras and change to hatred only help that?
From my experience, aurabots will only drag you down. The benefit is minimal, and it can be very challenging for them to keep up with a good autobomber.
"
matty20uk wrote:
D} If this is a good league starter that will be competitively fast on a budget with MF gear would a Aurabot with 11-13 auras be stronger to pair with or a curse bot using 5-6 curses and 5-6 auras?
Curses are much more powerful for party play with an autobomber.
Last edited by b0moodc on Mar 7, 2019, 11:44:56 AM
I got around to doing my first delve past 250 (I had been playing on another character), here's the recording
Last edited by b0moodc on Mar 9, 2019, 6:25:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info