Some More Delve Improvements

"
Baron01 wrote:
Lastly, people need to realize that delve must have cost otherwise it would invalidate rest of the content in PoE in terms of reward to time ratio.

Gating content behind cost is one of the worst design choices.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
Baron01 wrote:
Lastly, people need to realize that delve must have cost otherwise it would invalidate rest of the content in PoE in terms of reward to time ratio. I would still prefer to have current pricing model, even if it could be made slightly cheaper to delve, than have no costs for delving but rewards would be significantly reduced.

It's fine to nerf content that stays after league is over. ONCE league is over. Recall Abyss depths then and now. Every pile in that basement gave you a belt and few jewels. Now you're lucky to get a magic jewel.

THAT is fine, that league is over, they put it into core gaming with a nerf.

What's happening now with Delve is how I'd imagine it to be after league ends.
1) Throwing Delve behind Sulphite farming
2) Low incomes where you grind same Atlas map like city square you shaped to T16 to both get returns and fast sulphite
3) Impossibly rare Aul spawns

It's like I'm already playing standard after missing out on the league. The whole point is to experience a league, have it up your face. Have fun and hope it comes back in full power because you have something to remember of having Aul kick your rear 5 times before you finally beat him on your own.

Instead it will be "Hey remember Aul boss from Delve? Amazing stuff, had to watch him on youtube though cause he never spawned for me in 3 months of league" brilliant!
Last edited by ChewMyFudge on Oct 2, 2018, 10:40:47 AM
"
ktmnet wrote:
Nerf Veil of the Night & Worm Flasks.

Just for the Protocol:

I never took into consideration that someone would be mad enough to stack
physicaldmgconversion to elemental on a veil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Oct 2, 2018, 11:01:30 AM
"
"Aul, the Crystal King

He's pinnacle Delve content, but was probably too rare. We are increasing Aul's spawn rate by approximately 50%."

Lmao.
"The pinnacle".
More like the "Aul, the Lonely King" that doesn't see anybody in his entire lonely life.

The only thing ggg ever does is make everything never see the light of the surface.

So far, the only thing that is close enough access to players sufficiently patient were atlas guardians.

I feel like ggg is leaning a lot more towards pay to win title balance decisions where most things are so rare u might as well go play real life lottery and have a shot at being a millionaire. except POE doesn't have any way of paying to win or make you a millionaire.

A good balance would be to make some bosses accessible at level 100 delve then 300 then 800 then 1000. Breach caught this well.
Most people get to at least fight Thul or Esh, while Chayula being the chase boss and Uul-Netol filling the void between Chayula and the more accessible bosses. That more sane.

ggg is insane and I won't be playing this rng mess where I have a better shot at being millionaire in real life than trying to find "Aul, the Lonely King."

I even make a conscious decision to out right NOT support ggg financially anymore. I will just play for free from time to time and suck out their precious server time.
I seriously encourage all people to play for free as advertised and make ggg go out of business if this keeps on.

As someone has already stated, if you are so stingy about sharing your awesome bosses and their "mechanics" so much with the players, just keep them to yourselves.

I am slaving myself for no reason just to get a glimpse of your "awesome bosses" that you tried so hard to create, but to anyone who played darksouls or monster hunter for more than 500 hours can tell that your mechanics dont require any skill to dodge and only rely on luck or stats as most are just cheap high damage skill that is designed to kill players and any normal players would never have the capacity to dodge mechanically. (if you are not smart enuf, clarify it for you: not relying on dodge, block, armour, resistances, high HP. Just with 30% movement speed and right positioning).
Last edited by tenjou00 on Oct 2, 2018, 12:33:54 PM
GGG you doing the same mistakes every league last time in bestiary unique bosses now with Delve encouters.. learn for the future please.

First month of every league feels like pre alpha which required tons of fixes, number tweaks and other stuff.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Last edited by PsVRTwo on Oct 2, 2018, 12:42:17 PM
"
ChewMyFudge wrote:
It's fine to nerf content that stays after league is over. ONCE league is over. Recall Abyss depths then and now. Every pile in that basement gave you a belt and few jewels. Now you're lucky to get a magic jewel.

To see a hollow husk of once enjoyable content is not that good.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
BassTone wrote:
GGG's current philosophy is screwed. They are applying RNG to content and not to items. This is terrible. Absolutely terrible. The content should be a progression system, not an RNG system. The items should be valuable and rare, not the content. GGG, fix your philosophy for leagues.

Hell, glad to see someone that get it.

Its not a question of bitching around sulphite gain and else, you can get 20 000 sulphite from one map, it wont change anything to the fact that the restriction to play/farm new content is ridiculously low.

Frequent new boss encounters, low unique droprate = farming, thats how you play hack&slash.
60000 sulphite cap is exactly what I've been craving. I just don't like having to pingpong back and forth between delving and mapping so often. Being able to spend more than 3 times as much time on each before switching will feel great to me.
"
Oblitus wrote:
"
ChewMyFudge wrote:

To see a hollow husk of once enjoyable content is not that good.

Not saying it's ideal, but it does make people want to do new league character when it comes out. Because new league is rewarding, like spoils of war where you need to go to the battlefield to get the goodies than stay behind clearing wastelands.

This one however is not anymore, it's gated and even content itself is dictated by RNGesus. Which already feels like a hollow husk that would have been in standard by the time next league comes out.
"
ChewMyFudge wrote:
"
Baron01 wrote:
Lastly, people need to realize that delve must have cost otherwise it would invalidate rest of the content in PoE in terms of reward to time ratio. I would still prefer to have current pricing model, even if it could be made slightly cheaper to delve, than have no costs for delving but rewards would be significantly reduced.

What's happening now with Delve is how I'd imagine it to be after league ends.
1) Throwing Delve behind Sulphite farming
2) Low incomes where you grind same Atlas map like city square you shaped to T16 to both get returns and fast sulphite
3) Impossibly rare Aul spawns

It's like I'm already playing standard after missing out on the league. The whole point is to experience a league, have it up your face. Have fun and hope it comes back in full power because you have something to remember of having Aul kick your rear 5 times before you finally beat him on your own.

Instead it will be "Hey remember Aul boss from Delve? Amazing stuff, had to watch him on youtube though cause he never spawned for me in 3 months of league" brilliant!

I actually hope this is one of the LESSON they will learn this league with delve.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info