[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
"
Dragonnik1 wrote:
i was about to post had same query how is elemental equilibrium working here?
So if not needed than do we need hatred? if no then which aura?

EE is just really efficient if you use hatred-generosity (Aul's to get reservation). Just need to get some flat fire or lightning to attacks which should be trivial.

TBF that's not really a league start consideration although I agree it is a large damage boost. The build is already kind of gem starved as well.

Feeding Frenzy confused me. On paper it's lower damage than Maim although I agree with the aggressive/uptime rationale. Feeding frenzy wiki says it provides a buff that buffs all minions which would make it a clear winner but PoB doesn't reflect this, kand I haven't personally tested it.

Loving this build so far. If it wasn't for mana, I could just hold right click. Leveled along the main tree with arc self cast, although I stuck with arc too long. Shield charge spam was better lol. I found one exalted in act 10 and was able to put a working build together, so this build absolutely succeeds as a league starter.
I've been playing this build as my league starter and I've been having a blast! So thanks systemplayerlost for the build!

I've been messing around with some slight changes though. I'm currently dual wielding Cold Iron Points. You loose quite a bit of life per hit and you have to pick up some mana per hit on your jewels ( I currently have 3 Mana per hit total and that seems to be enough. Might even do fine on 2) but the damage those daggers give to the Herald of Agony is insane, even if you also loose out on the frenzy charges from Victarios. I'm only in yellow maps currently so maybe the lack of life per hit will start to become an issue later on but so far what you get from the support gem has been enough.

To compensate somewhat for the reduced defenses of my weapon choice I've also been trying out Raise Corpse -meat shield - minion life - minion damage instead of the holy relics. The zombies seem to be tanking quite well so far, might drop the minion damage support for fortify once I get into higher tier maps if they seem to be dying.
Without the relics I'm running a Memory Vault instead of the Geofris. It adds quite alot of defenses but there's probably alot better rare helmets out there you could go with instead.

I've also had a carrion golem socketed since league start just to try it out (and also because it looks cool). The damage it gives your other minions seem quite low though. If my pob messing around is correct it adds something like 40-50k dps in total, including its own damage and what it gives to the other minions. I'm not sure that pob is calculating it correctly though. For example, if I take the Golem Commander node it should increase the extra physical damage it gives to the other minions but it's not adding any damage. I'm also not sure if it's calculating the increased damage the Golem itself gets from being close to other minions.
Once I get a six-linked chest I might just drop it unless the damage it adds turns out to be far greater than what pob is telling me right now.

Since I'm not using and elder claw with life on hit against blinded enemies I went with lesser poison as my 4th (6th with the elder gloves) link for cyclone. It just means that I don't have to worry about picking up any chance to poison from my jewels. This is probably not the most efficient choice though. Maybe you just pick up two jewels with chance to poison and get to like 90% and swap the lesser poison gem for something like maim. That lets you put added phys into you herald of purity.

As I said I've just gotten into yellow maps so I have quite a bit to go before I really see if this works at all in harder content. I'm also using some jewels that I just picked up while leveling that could be optimized alot. But so far it has been melting everything, including a t5 blighted map.

I'll try to post my pob when I get home from work!

This post went long but I'm excited to hear what you guys think about the changes I've made and I hope everyone is having as much fun this league as I am! :)
Actually i did league start with this, i didnt see any issues, within 1.5 day i was in maps with shit gear. I leveled as cyclone summoner, HoGA on 3L!
i had Zombies and Carrion Golem. When in maps i removed Zombies and just kept Carrion golem with Feeding Frenzy and minion life. To get OnSlaught and other Golem buffs on minion counts i added Summon Phantasm to HoGA which produces 3-9 minion consistently and giving buffs and clear speed. My gear is still shit but doing quite well, easily took out Uber Izaro, Labs are easy.
Since i don't have elder gloves and claw, i dumped in abyss jewel with blind chance, doing ok with it.
i have feeding frenzy on herald of purity; earlier i had it on HoGA but even after removal, crawler was killing fine. HoGa currently on 4 link.

Vicatorio's prices are not going down! but yeah that would be my next upgrade.

I am thinking to bring back Zombies, but raising them again n again seems pain. Since we don't have much sockets for them, but for general clear might be ok.

i was thinking of iron commander but that would give up too much defense.
Last edited by Dragonnik1 on Sep 11, 2019, 7:35:42 AM
hi, what about https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Circle_of_Nostalgia_(Sythesised) or HoP version of this ring? useless in this build?
Last edited by evkO on Sep 12, 2019, 4:17:45 PM
Hey guys,
How do i use: Herald of purity, Herald of Agony and Haste at the same time ?
I just don't have enough mana, they all require 50% mana,

"Thanks for the build I'm having tons of fun..."
"
ve39 wrote:
Hey guys,

Hey, so the way you use all three is that the armor makes it so that each Herald takes 45% and then the Haste is in an essence worm, gives a free aura.
"
jbond47 wrote:
"
ve39 wrote:
Hey guys,

Hey, so the way you use all three is that the armor makes it so that each Herald takes 45% and then the Haste is in an essence worm, gives a free aura.

NICE, IT WORKED , THANK YOU
"
evkO wrote:
hi, what about https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Circle_of_Nostalgia_(Sythesised) or HoP version of this ring? useless in this build?

The increased damage would be nice but after looking at it the increased buff effect doesn't appear to affect the crawler, only the buff on you. The Hop version would be less useful as Agony is the six link and doing the heavy lifting.
Last edited by Calibix84 on Sep 14, 2019, 11:42:08 AM
How important is 21/20 on herald of agony and summmon holy relic?
i have 21/0 herald of agony. is the 20 quality important?
"
partyonacid wrote:
How important is 21/20 on herald of agony and summmon holy relic?
i have 21/0 herald of agony. is the 20 quality important?

Quality on the herald is 20 movement speed which is nice QOL.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info