[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

I failed at +gems on my 6l, but I did brick it to 6 white sockets.

So ignoring how difficult coloring can be, whats the best 6l setup for bossing on our HoAg?

thanks!
IGN
Domination: CockBlockingAxes zomgwtfbbqlegs, GotYourselfAGun
Standard: LookAtMyHorseMyHorse, ComeOnNSlamEveryBodyJam, AdmiralTrapar
Has anyone tried an alternative to Cyclone? It feels really clunky when fighting uber elder and makes it difficult to dodge mechanics. Maybe Blade Flurry could work?
"
goatcheese61 wrote:
I failed at +gems on my 6l, but I did brick it to 6 white sockets.

So ignoring how difficult coloring can be, whats the best 6l setup for bossing on our HoAg?

thanks!

i believe it is HoAg + dmg ful life + minion dmg + vile toxin + vicious projectiles + empower 4 / maim
"
kingoflimbs wrote:
as anyone tried an alternative to Cyclone? It feels really clunky when fighting uber elder and makes it difficult to dodge mechanics. Maybe Blade Flurry could work?

Could you defeat UE with cyclone?
Ball lightning + poison + lesser poison + unlease is good to dodge machanics, but we can't gain life on hit =(
"
kingoflimbs wrote:
Has anyone tried an alternative to Cyclone? It feels really clunky when fighting uber elder and makes it difficult to dodge mechanics. Maybe Blade Flurry could work?

Advantage of Cyclone is that attacks per second is very high. Attacks per second is very important for this build. It means charging up virulence is very fast. Attacks per second is key for life and mana gained per hit. Attacks per second is also important for Holy Relic triggering a nova spell on hit.

Cyclone itself is not the main source of dps. The dps comes more from Agony Crawler and Holy Relic. The defense also comes primarily from life gained from hits. This all takes good advantage of Cyclone's 50% more attack speed.

edit: Regarding the problem of dodge mechanics issue, what I do in those cases is short mouse clicks with Cyclone skill. By short I mean mouse click right on monster while already right next to monster so the distance traveled is short. That is instead of just holding down the mouse button. This should then make the situation of a required dodge much more responsive because the cyclone should complete very soon. Giving you better control of your character's movement.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 28, 2019, 1:55:51 AM

WTB a better version of Cyclone. This leagues mechanics are pretty bad for cyclone since you can cyclone into the blue if you clicked too far. I really think cyclone should be channeled and much more responsive by itself.

Build has been a blast but have not pushed it past yellow maps because of time constraints and low atlas completion.

-

Has anyone found what's best to try to get as implicits for our rares or is it overall not worth it compared to the shelder bases that are listed?

I haven't even bothered with synthesis crafting yet, kinda annoyed by having to collect so much for it. I just built same from last league. But you're right, maps have been sparse, and the memory mazes don't bode well for our minions line of sight.
Interesting to see we all just have one challenge done. I think that sums things up so far.
In regards to gems Ghastly are much better with:

Flat Life
Minion attack Speed
+ Something else is a bonus

% Minion damage is pretty bad in comparison.
ghastly:
flat life
+minion attack speed (4-6%)t1
+attack speed when you or your minions kill recently (6-8%)t1

like bolton said, attack speed is king for crawler
Something that has worked well for me has been to get chance to poison on my claw - at 20%, it frees you from having to worry about getting it on jewels. Instead I have been getting abyssal jewels with good flat life and 6% chance to blind on hit.
Right now I have 30% chance to blind on hit, which is both good for triggering the extra life on hit and also good defensively for bossing.
Worth a try, I think

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info