[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
OMGJJ wrote:

In what way do they help with clear? Not saying you're wrong, I'm just new and trying to work it out. it takes about 3 seconds for multiple to kill a normal white enemy while my other minions go around 1 shotting everything.

Most of the damage is coming from agony crawler and holy relics, then the sentinels of purity. So, yes the phantasms are way down the pecking order in importance. They do some blinding and distract enemies. Before you pick up the minion damage buff nodes in the passive skill tree, that's really all they do.

I would say feel free to use Path of Building to find a different support gem for that slot. It's definitely not going to break the build and would probably help dispatching bosses.

edit: the OP says

"
6L Herald of Agony-Pierce-Minion Damage-Vicious Projectiles

This is the core 4L after which you have the following options based on preference.
- Summon Phantasm on Kill: great for additional clear power, you can swap this for minion damage for clear/bossing (now triggers vs rare and unique enemies)
- Damage on Full Life: huge damage
- Maim: decent damage and maim
- Empower: only really good if you have level 4 or a +1 socketed gems corruption
- Minion Speed: great for additional clear power, you can swap this for minion damage for clear/bossing
- Vile Toxins: good damage and option to swap for Pierce for bossing/clear

So, pick one of those.

edit2: I remember now why I left summon phantasm in there. If I replace that with a green or red support gem it was going to cost maybe 4000 chromes (4g,1b, 1r) or 3000 chromes (3g, 1b, 2r) to color the Coming Calamity if it only had the one blue socket. At least according to the Vorici Chromatic Calculator.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 18, 2019, 1:12:03 AM
Is the Defiance node any useful to pick up on the passive skill tree?
"
Apatheticy wrote:

I dont think it worth 2p, 10% life or +1 endurance charge or 1 jew slot is better
Also, how abbout Gluttony leather belt. With this belt we can use other weapon and maybe we can skip resolute technique too.
Last edited by ngtrungkhanh on Mar 18, 2019, 12:35:17 AM
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
"
Apatheticy wrote:

I dont think it worth 2p, 10% life or +1 endurance charge or 1 jew slot is better
Also, how abbout Gluttony leather belt. With this belt we can use other weapon and maybe we can skip resolute technique too.

I'd be very interested in other opinions on this, as well as yours? My concern is zeroing out ES and Armour? Wouldn't that be an issue?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 18, 2019, 2:41:52 AM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
ngtrungkhanh wrote:
"
Apatheticy wrote:

I'd be very interested in other opinions on this, as well as yours? My concern is zeroing out ES and Armour? Wouldn't that be an issue?

With 6 endurance charge, even imortal call lv3 can last 2,8s, so i dont think we need armour. In pob we lose ~11% physical dmg red.
Also, i think physic to light + element focus maybe good for our agony because it's quite hard to have a 5 off socket (we can have more dmg with elemental equalirum )
One more thing, what's your though about Flesh Offering? It's hard to fill all this gem in build though :D Maybe using The Hungry Loop for this?
Last edited by ngtrungkhanh on Mar 18, 2019, 11:02:35 PM
"
Also, i think physic to light + element focus maybe good for our agony because it's quite hard to have a 5 off socket (we can have more dmg with elemental equalirum )

I've been using increased crit damage. PoB sims it as the highest blue socket for Agony when at full power charges, dunno how accurate it is but it lets me swap out minion speed for increased crit and pierce for vile toxins on bosses.
Are Circle of Guilt / Circle of Nostalgia worth considering at all?
"
kingoflimbs wrote:
"

I've been using increased crit damage. PoB sims it as the highest blue socket for Agony when at full power charges, dunno how accurate it is but it lets me swap out minion speed for increased crit and pierce for vile toxins on bosses.

I noticed that but I assumed that Resolute Technique would null it out and that PoB just missed it?

Regarding the Flesh Offering idea, this is the first summoner I've played in 5 years, LOL, I wouldn't know what to do with Flesh Offering?
.sorry, my mouse is double clicking :-(
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 22, 2019, 10:28:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info