Scourge Arrow

do the pod explosions always pierce? chucked in a chain support and made sure i have no pierce sources... trying it out, i'm watching myself recorded, at 1/4 speed and cant work it out the proj are too fast for me.

the tooltip suggests chain is meant to work with the gem (on pods) but i honestly can't work out... does it?
While it may seem like I am splitting hairs in my complaint and inquiry, GGG, my question is who on your balance team decided to put the Base Damage Scourge Arrow deals at 0.9% shy of 50% Base Damage instead of just... rounding the Base Damage to 50% like 99.9% of other Skill Gems that deal x% of Base Damage at rounded-off value? (aside from duration times on Gems with such decimalistic values)

I am interested in hearing the logic behind placing such a decimalistic decrease of Base Damage (or even a decimalistic increase of Base Damage) on any Gem in the game, because someone on the balance team one day, or a group of at the round table, really thought it through, "Hmm... Yea... I see... Ah! Wait... 49.3% Base Damage? Err, no, 49.5%? Base Damage?! NAH! Let's just put it at 49.1% Base Damage because... that's totally NOT a random value!"
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Sep 10, 2019, 6:34:56 PM
"
Viscrid wrote:
do the pod explosions always pierce? chucked in a chain support and made sure i have no pierce sources... trying it out, i'm watching myself recorded, at 1/4 speed and cant work it out the proj are too fast for me.

the tooltip suggests chain is meant to work with the gem (on pods) but i honestly can't work out... does it?

I'm also curious about this so I did the same testing. From what I can tell, the thorn arrows always pierce. What's harder to tell is if this is disabled when given chain/fork since the tooltip does update. Even with slower projectiles/southbound I couldn't see any real difference in secondary arrows with chain/fork. If they chained/forked I think the effect would be more noticeable. It's a shame but maybe chain/fork on these secondary projectiles would be OP like others have mentioned here.
Currently, Scourge Arrow stops spawning pods as soon as the main projectile is destroyed. If the main projectile hits a wall before all pods can spawn, they just don't spawn.

You can see this issue particularly when you get increased projectile speed such as found on the gem's quality itself or Quill Rain. The main projectile hits the wall much faster than the pods can spawn. It reduces your amount of pods spawning drastically. This has resulted in multiple bug reports because of the interaction, and is extremely frustrating on indoor maps. It is bad when you lose damage because you picked up a positive stat (proj speed).

I suggest increased spawn speed on the pods, or allow them to spawn despite the main projectile being destroyed. It will make the skill feel much better indoors as a result.
I would love it if the pod mechanic were tweaked sligtly. What I mean is that when the pods are shot towards targets at a wall, i.e. kitava, arakaali and so on, they just disappear. If possible I'd rather see the clump up together.
I realize that this may be strong in a few cases but it would solve a big headache with the functionality of this skill.
Problem:
Playing a Scourge arrow in Kalandra right now as Pathfinder Poison and POB says im better off tapping with that skill to gain more DPS which is bad.
Im not 100% sure and talked to high level Scourge arrows who are also not sure if its true.

I dont agree with people complaining about spawning Pods mechanic it can be a pain but also be abused by having more arrows.

I dont know if that was intentional to lose dps when channeling but i would say its intention was to raise the poison dmg rather because it says dmg with hits and ailments.

My Suggestion:
Add "increased duration with ailments for each stage" to the gem. Only a small amount would probably work wonders :)

thanks
Can the bugs with Scourge Arrow please be fixed?

At current if you fire the skill at a wall the pods disappear completely instead of attempting to stack in the remaining space.

The current spacing of pods was changed so that they appear offscreen, which is obviously not very fun when you can't see if/where your pods are erupting.

Current pods also randomly place, as a player I can't accurately predict where my damage is going to go off at because in one attack the pods stack in a cluster, in another they stack in a V shape. Its quite frustrating.

Any additional projectiles firing the skill such as Additional arrows mods suddenly cut the additional pods in wonky ways.

FyreGrass made an excellent video addressing these issues.

Thank you for your time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info