Scourge Arrow

Mana cost is too high.
Mana cost is too damn high.

The skill cost more mana than Blade Flurry but unlike BF it can't sustain channelling with leech, both 'melee' and 'archer' archetypes have the same mana regen potential. No matter how 'good' the skill is damage-wise it's barely can be sustained on a typical 'archer' build.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jan 10, 2019, 5:52:24 PM
The last changes to the skill (mana cost while channeling) its very bad, especially for archers. Because almost all builds rely on mana leech, not mana regen. When you shoot 1 scourge arrow you must to wait while pods will make damage to leech mana, and only after you can shoot another arrow. It's not fun anymore to play with this skill - you shoot and wait what mobs will do, after shoot wait.... It's not turn based strategy game. Thank you.
Last edited by Hamlodilnik on Jan 11, 2019, 9:47:10 AM
4 mana at lvl 11 with 44.8% damage effectiveness
5 mana at lvl 12 with 45.3% damage effectiveness
5 mana at lvl 21 with 49.6% damage effectiveness

Leveling the gem up from 11 to 12 increase the mana cost by 25%
Leveling the gem up from 11 to 12 increase the damage by 1.11%
Leveling the gem up from 11 to 21 increase the damage by 10.7%

There is no reason to level up the gem past lvl 11 while leveling your character.
Use lvl 11 gem and then just buy 21/20 or lvl 20/20 one, at the point when your build can sustain this unbalanced, cluelessly set mana cost
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Heya GGG.

I'm just gonna put this here..

This skill needs more "Skill effect" under Microtransaction.

An easy one would be to make a ice skill effect.

Ice pods which breaks, and shoot out ice pykes.

Many regards a happy poe player.
I'm playing this skill with a Champion. I made a lightning crit build with Tempest Storm and Loreweave as the signature items, so naturally I compliment the skill with Wrath aura and Herald of Ice.

I love the skill, but it is flawed.

The skill, paired with Mirage Archer, functions very well and is quite strong. The only real complaint I have is how the skill gets completely cancelled upon hitting a wall or an object.

I'm no developer but I suggest having the pods stack on top of the player when hitting an object or wall, it would certainly feel a lot better.

Ty for your work GGG, keep it up.
I would like to see the mana used stop at max. charge. Not only it makes no sense, it can affects the gameplay, worst still when there is a "sudden pause" in the game.
Compare to other arrow skills that are "immediate mana-leeched", The delay from SA, cause that mana issue. Particular when one shots the ground instead of the mob. (there is different playstyle with this SA, pls dont constraint it)

FYI: i have at least 25% unreserved mana, while not badly affected when compare to others who reserved even more mana than mine, still affect the gameplay flow.

Please review this.
(hint:- SA is not the only skill that i cast).

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on Jan 30, 2019, 3:27:15 AM
I agree with the other posts in this thread on the 2 primary issues at this point: Mana consumption and hitbox issues.

these really need to be addressed. I love the playstyle of the skill as long as I'm not in a small area. The second I stumble into an area with lots of passageways and doors I want to tear my hair out, and this is the only skill so far that I've used that does this.

Open area: This skill feels good. feels competitive with other skills in the same category. I will note that in open areas this skill is the first skill I've played in the game that really makes me feel like an archer.

Area with narrow halls/doors: Endless frustration, makes me understand why people have a backup skill. I was hoping that Scourge arrow would be the bow skill that I could use to have a "one skill" build (like my favorite Cyclone builds). but it's function around obstacles makes it impossible.

I really want to emphasize to the dev team how impacting this is to me. I'd work around the mana issues if you could just fix this one thing. I've seen 2 really good ideas so far. either would work great, and IMO not overbalance the skill at all:

1) deploy the pods around objects. I shoot at a tree, and the go AROUND the tree spaced out as far as they would be if there was no tree at all. This mechanic (pathing) already exists in the game with CYCLONE, and it's target based just like Scourge arrow is, should be a no-brainer change.

2) Ricochet: this concept sounds fun. I Think we would still have some issues around doors (shots may stay inside the current area instead of going to the next area) but an arrow bouncing around a room sounds fun!

My last point: it further increases the frustration I feel when I can't shoot mobs through a simple door, yet I can Blink arrow EASILY through the same door. Why is it that blink arrow can understand how to make it through a door, but my single arrow cannot? Why is it that Cyclone can whirl me through a doorway and around a rock with one click, but my amazing arrow that can generate pods doesn't know how to deal with the same rock? I nerdragepound my keyboard just thinking about it.
Last edited by Temjiu on Mar 29, 2019, 3:30:33 PM
Another reminder that this skill is still long overdue for its hitbox / doorway issues being fixed. It's been quite a while now GGG...
Indeed the boss that is killing me the most is Door.
Scourge Arrow feels so much better than it used to. I realize it was a bug to be able to gain stages that fast and that it's going to be fixed, but please consider increasing the stage gain or at least make it scale better with heavy attack speed investment. I never knew SA could feel so good and I've been having a lot of fun with the bugged version, mana issues aside.
Last edited by Seananigans_ on Jun 13, 2019, 1:11:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info