[3.5] Guffin's Rain of Hope (Shredder) | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Since hopeshredder is a yellow elder drop, think this will be viable league starter build ? Assuming ur not a bleeding edge racer type.
Like could I pick this up fairly handily by day 3 of league?

edit - also do you have a suggestion on temp or alternate jewels to might of the meek, even unique options? ive checked lots of league starter builds for 3.4 and i swear most of them call for 2-3 meek jewels; its like everyone's realized how absurd these jewels are. I fully expect them to go for 1ex+ this league; these jewels are NOT common

Last edited by rozakk on Aug 30, 2018, 9:09:14 PM
What about that brand new Unnatural Instinct jewel? )
"
rozakk wrote:
Since hopeshredder is a yellow elder drop, think this will be viable league starter build ? Assuming ur not a bleeding edge racer type.
Like could I pick this up fairly handily by day 3 of league?

edit - also do you have a suggestion on temp or alternate jewels to might of the meek, even unique options? ive checked lots of league starter builds for 3.4 and i swear most of them call for 2-3 meek jewels; its like everyone's realized how absurd these jewels are. I fully expect them to go for 1ex+ this league; these jewels are NOT common

Ty for the interest in this Build as your Starter :)

If you look into the Gear Section, I say that Stormcloud or the Tempest can be alternatives until you get your Hopeshredder.
If you are not bleeding Edge, there will be some Hopeshredders up on the market when you reach maps tho. Day 2 is the most it should take. The price depends on how popular they get after the Buff, but I predict they will fly under the Radar for quite some time still. It's not like the weapon got known from these 4 lines in the patch notes :P

As for the Meeks: if you look into the Tree Section, I have seperate Trees that dont use them. Replacements should be rare, and taken from the Links I provided (Abyss Jewels mostly).
And yeah, Meeks are getting more popular. Especially for Life based, crit attack Scions they are incredibly strong.

All in all I think this will be a fine League Starter, but can't say for sure as I never started a League with it myself. You are not dependant on Uber Lab (but it is still a Life and DPS increase), and RoA works dandy without any investment. Hopeshredder should stay cheap, and all the other Stuff is kinda cheap as well.

Hope I could help you out a bit on the Decision making :)
thank you thats useful!

RoA is a pretty good leaguestarter so i figured a relatively cheap investment from what is already a leaguestarter, into a unique that (hopefully) no one wants + a tabula will get me to red maps while being able to save currency.
my orifices puckered a little bit when i saw build uses 3 meeks tho, hopefully i get lucky finding something similar to ur jewels.
"
rozakk wrote:
thank you thats useful!

RoA is a pretty good leaguestarter so i figured a relatively cheap investment from what is already a leaguestarter, into a unique that (hopefully) no one wants + a tabula will get me to red maps while being able to save currency.
my orifices puckered a little bit when i saw build uses 3 meeks tho, hopefully i get lucky finding something similar to ur jewels.

Gl on your journey mate :) Feel free to share any problems you encounter along the way, I hope I can help out.

As for the rare Jewels, just use the Trade Links from the Gear Section. There will be tons of Abyss and normal Jewels 2 or 3 days in to choose from.

"
hwat wrote:
What about that brand new Unnatural Instinct jewel? )

It's strictly worse than Meek for the Starting Area. The only useful other Socket is on the right by the Proj Nodes, but we don't benefit at all from the Pierce it gives.
It is pretty bad for this Build.
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 30, 2018, 9:17:29 PM
Not sure if should level as RoA or sunder :P
I was thinking of using this build as an early mapper until I get enough currency for ele hit stuff and then spec to AoF, EO slayer+deadeye ele hit. Any ideas?
What I'll be trying in Delve:

Kaom's chest out for Loreweave or Belly of the Beast.

Either Purity of Ice or Blasphemy-Enfeeble as a defensive aura

Wrath is added into this build as it is free thanks to the amulet. Another reason why Kaom's out for me are for those gem slots from the chest. Empower to beef up the key offensive/defensive auras. Also let's you add CWDT-Immortal Call in addition to this as well.
Last edited by Eathb on Aug 31, 2018, 10:31:02 AM
"
Eathb wrote:
What I'll be trying in Delve:

Spoiler

Kaom's chest out for Loreweave or Belly of the Beast.

Either Purity of Ice or Blasphemy-Enfeeble as a defensive aura

Wrath is added into this build as it is free thanks to the amulet. Another reason why Kaom's out for me are for those gem slots from the chest. Empower to beef up the key offensive/defensive auras. Also let's you add CWDT-Immortal Call in addition to this as well.

I wouldnt get too happy for Auls/plan around it. People made builds around Zerphis Heart and it turned out super rare. Wait to see how common it is first :D If it turns out to be affordable (not 50ex+ like Zerphis), I will include it tho.
IF auls and doriyanis delusion (25 Purity) are cheaply available, you could go Kaoms + Auls + Delusion. 25 Purity of Ice + Wrath/Hatred with a Watchers Eye. Got enough Space for Ice Golem, Frost Bomb, Blood Rage, HoI+CoH Setup, and a CwdT setup as well.
Would be an awesome compromise between DPS and Survivability, but it all depends on Auls Price.

If you check the Buildguide, in the 3.4 Update I included Loreweave or Belly for the SC Setup. The Degen from Hopeshredder is now weaker at 75% res than it was befor the Buff at 87% res.
You can use a 6socket chest + Wrath easy. That said, once you get a Watchers Eye for Hatred it becomes better. The xx to xx added Cold is huge, and flat Crit as well. Best Wrath Watchers Eye would be %inc Crit Chance, which is very slightly behind.

"
villur wrote:
Not sure if should level as RoA or sunder :P
I was thinking of using this build as an early mapper until I get enough currency for ele hit stuff and then spec to AoF, EO slayer+deadeye ele hit. Any ideas?

Sure you can respec into Ele Hit, but it remains to be seen if it's worth it.
As for the levelling: can't tell you what to do. Do whatever suits you best.
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 31, 2018, 12:24:39 PM
I added some Notes for very high Level Delves to the second Post.

Gl and hf in the new League guys, let's hope the Servers are kinda stable and your Builds work out :)

just divined my Hopeshredder to the new version

Oof, thats a good roll :D
Very happy.

E: that attack speed is fucking insaaaane compared to before :D
just tested with full frenzies(+onslaught obv), easy 4aps tooltip

E2: okay, I mapped a bit with it. The QoL of that attack Speed is huuuuge.
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 31, 2018, 11:46:01 PM
You're an amazing guide creator and the path of exile trade links for gear help!!!! playing this awesome build in Delve!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info