[3.5] Guffin's Rain of Hope (Shredder) | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
demondied1 wrote:
Favorited this to come back to at some point during delve! Thanks!

Thanks for the interest, I think it won't disappoint :)

Checked everything now. Even with only 75% Cold Res, the Degen is weaker now than before with 87%. That's huge. You could basically forgo any max res scaling and still feel great.
That said: I will divide between SC and HC versions from now on. For SC, a Loreweave and Wrath + Wrath Crit Jewel are insane. It's a huuuge DPS increase compared to right now, and the Degen is way more managable. Only ~6.4k Life tho.
For HC, I still recommend a setup with Kaoms and a Purity + Empower for the safety and great Phys Mitigation through Phys taken as Cold. The damage on that Setup was enough to do all Content in the game already.

That's it for today for me tho, gotta go. Tomorrow I'll update everything accordingly.
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 29, 2018, 4:25:50 AM
hey Guffinn,

great news in those patch notes i agree! once again thank you for being so active in answering our questions so far, im somewhat sure i personally will have some come delve launch, keep up the great work! more convinved than ever ill try this on friday #hyped
Great guide Guffinn!
I've decided to play this as league starter for Delve. It's been ages since I played a bow build and also it will be my first Scion build ever. Any alternative for levelling skill other than Sunder?
"
ferknight wrote:
Great guide Guffinn!
I've decided to play this as league starter for Delve. It's been ages since I played a bow build and also it will be my first Scion build ever. Any alternative for levelling skill other than Sunder?

You can just level with RoA itself, it's currently one of the best, if not - the best leveling skill in the game.
Last edited by Karriane on Aug 29, 2018, 1:44:25 PM
"
viatrix_1115 wrote:
hey Guffinn,

great news in those patch notes i agree! once again thank you for being so active in answering our questions so far, im somewhat sure i personally will have some come delve launch, keep up the great work! more convinved than ever ill try this on friday #hyped

Come at me with those questions whenever you want :D
And yes, I'm also very happy about the Changes.

"
ferknight wrote:
Great guide Guffinn!

Like Karriane said, RoA is a great levelling experience as well. I prefer Sunder for working on any/very minimal Gear tho.
That said, I had "do a RoA levelling Segment" in my To Do since I started this Guide. Gonna get to that today.

As for 3.4:
SC Variant with Loreweave, slightly adjusted Tree, Hatred + Hatred Crit, Added Cold or Cold Pen Jewel (all very close), OR Wrath + Wrath Crit Jewel (which is worse, but cheaper). Until you can get a Hatred Jewel, you just run Wrath.
HC Variant with Kaoms and everything as it is right now.
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 30, 2018, 9:17:07 AM
Currently debating on playing this build or your blade flurry build for delve league start. And I'm torn on which one. Any advice?
I played a hopeshredder build 2 leagues ago and it was a ton of fun! The worst part honestly was trying to find a 6L Hopeshredder… Oh boy that took awhile.

Have you considered Lightpoacher on this build? Hopeshredder, your mountain of abyss jewels/slots, and Lightpoacher are the perfect combo. The cold damage that you get from Hopeshredder is global, so the projectiles in lightpoacher gain that cold damage too (and of course scale from your projectiles). It offers a good QoL as the projectiles cover a radius around your character so nothing can get close.

I also found a lot of success in glove enchantments for that same global cold damage reason. Any projectile based enchantment works.

Thank you for posting your build! I hadn’t thought to take the 2 upper jewel slots around the scion start and that would be good with might of the meek or the new unnatural instinct jewel.
"
Scarfuncle wrote:
I played a hopeshredder build 2 leagues ago and it was a ton of fun! The worst part honestly was trying to find a 6L Hopeshredder… Oh boy that took awhile.

Have you considered Lightpoacher on this build? Hopeshredder, your mountain of abyss jewels/slots, and Lightpoacher are the perfect combo. The cold damage that you get from Hopeshredder is global, so the projectiles in lightpoacher gain that cold damage too (and of course scale from your projectiles). It offers a good QoL as the projectiles cover a radius around your character so nothing can get close.

I also found a lot of success in glove enchantments for that same global cold damage reason. Any projectile based enchantment works.

Thank you for posting your build! I hadn’t thought to take the 2 upper jewel slots around the scion start and that would be good with might of the meek or the new unnatural instinct jewel.

Cool to see that someone else gave it a fair shot :D Did it work out nicely?

Lightpoacher is BiS for any attack Build that can't reasonably Build around Abyssus or is centered around a Helmet or needs the Gemsockets. This Build suffers from the latter. Kaoms leaves almost no Space, tho this is amended in the new SC Version of this Build since we can go Loreweave without killing ourselves on Degen now.
That said: building around Lightpoachers Proj is fun, but pretty useless after the Nerf to it. And you don't need it, shit just dies to RoA anyways.
A 2 socket Lightpoacher is the best DPS option tho if you have good Jewels, and is now possible at least in SC like I said. But building around the Burst is useless from my experience.

As for the enchantments: it seems fun, but like a waste of time to farm these enchantments/buy a tombfist with one. If we really wanna min max, +1 Frenzy or Attack Crit Corruptions beat any enchant. And again, its not like you need any help for clearing, and I can't imagine any of the Enchants adding much.

Ye, 3 meeks in the starting area are insane for any Life based crit attack Scion. And nah, unnatural Instinct blows in comparison sadly.

Thanks for the Input and kind words :D Like I said, building around the Spirit Burst and Enchantments is a waste of time these days sadly IMO, but a fun one :P Maybe I'm missing something tho, and there is some Enchant out there that is actually sick. Highly doubt it tho.

"
Frantic_Cajun wrote:
Currently debating on playing this build or your blade flurry build for delve league start. And I'm torn on which one. Any advice?

Haha, I'll take that as a compliment :D

I mean, they are different playstyles. If you wanna do a Bow Char, do this one, if not: the Reave/BF one :P
If you dont't have any strong opionions on these things: this Build is more relaxed to play, the Reave/BF one takes way more micromanagement while mapping and on Bosses. But it also has the faster map clear and stronger Damage in the end. Whether or not that matters is up to you, since this Build already had fast clear and good enough Damage to do everything in the Game.

Hope that helps you decide at least a bit :)

Updated everything for 3.4 now (except Videos obviously). If you catch any Typos etc., gimme a shout.
Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 30, 2018, 1:42:12 PM
What do you think about new Doryani's Delusion boots (drop from Doryani's Machinarium) ?
"
_biggoodeeny wrote:
What do you think about new Doryani's Delusion boots (drop from Doryani's Machinarium) ?

They offer a nice free Purity for the Survivability/HC Variant, yes. That said, they don't offer more max Res than Empower 3 + Purity of Ice.
The added Cold Damage they will have with the Ice Variant is very nice, but won't beat the at least 20% inc Damage from Bubonics + a good Jewel. They most definitely loose on Life, as 70 (probably?) Life won't beat 50 + 6% increased max Life.

If they are cheap and easily available, they are a very solid Choice tho until Bubonics and lvl 3 Empowers become cheap.

I will add them into the Guide once I get a pair to link :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info