[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

Gave this a try yesterday and really liked it, so going for this one as my starter, thanks for the guide Demi.

Whilst this maybe known to most players thought it would be good to post for new ones, as I had to look it up anyway. which was where to source, all the skill gems needed. My sort of rough list I came up with

Chest

Lightning Trap Nessa Act 1 Sirens Cadence
Lightning Penetration Support Clarissa Act 3 Fixture of fate
Trap and mine Damage Yeena Act 2 Sharp and cruel
Controlled Destruction Buy Act 2 Yenna
Cluster traps support P+V act 4 Eternal Nightmare
Piece Support Act 1 Mercy misson

Gloves

Lightning Spire Trap Act 3 Sever the right hand / reward
Elemental Focus Act 2 Sharp and Cruel / reward
Lightning Penetration Support Act 3 Fixture of fate / buy
Controlled destruction Act 2 Sharp and cruel - buy

Boots

Shield Charge Act 3 Buy for Siosa - dude in the library
Culling Strike Act 2 Sharp and cruel - Buy
Faster attacks Act 2 Sharp and cruel - Buy
Blood Magic Act 6 - Fallen from grace Lilly Roth buy

Helmet

Lightning Golem lvl 18? Act 4 Breaking the Seal - Reward
Cast when damage taken Act 4 P+v The eternal nightmare buy
Immortal call ( only lvl to 5) Act 6 - Fallen from grace Lilly Roth buy
Enfeeble Act 3 - Buy Siosa or Act 6 Lilly Roth

Weapon

Wrath Act 3 Lost in love - Reward
Herald Of Thunder Act 2 Root of the Problem buy
Herald of Ice Act 2 - Intruders in black reward

Spirit Sheild

Portal / Decoy Totem Decoy - Siosa act 3 Portal - The Realm Card set
Increased Duration Act 6 Fallen from grace - Lilly roth -buy
Bear trap Act 1 Breaking some Eggs reward

Good to see most are available in the first 4 acts and all by Act 6. Non are drops. Oh apart form the portal gem, which is just nice, but not needed.
Last edited by OGRONIN on Dec 7, 2018, 5:13:58 AM
Sorry if I'm wrong here (Newbie), but looking at the skill tree:

If I were to go from lightning to arc/testing around with it a bit, the only notes I would change are the 2 4% projectile damage ones? Is that correct?

Everything else seems to be fine with Arc - so get rid of those 3 notes (2 4% projectile + a jewel slot) and get a bit of trap damage on the tree? Or is the jewel slot so valuable (since there is no other in the vicinity I could reach with the 3 points) that I should not bother with switching those few percent of projectile damage and just roll with the exact same arc-tree if I go with that instead of lightning?

Thanks a lot!
How does Lightning Trap perform at mapping compared to Arc Trap?
Is it true that arc does that much more damage? Have 5 hours to decide which to run.
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
Will play this one, decided finally, just one last question (haha):

The leveling section don't states which passive points are more or less important, so the starting points are clear, but if i reach "coldhearted calculation" should i first move to the south down to acrobatics or better first to the witch area for whatever?

If someone can give me a hint i would appreciate it, as i said, never played a shadow, have no clue which points are important and which not :)

Can someone answer to that? league has been started :)
PoB skill tree isnt working
"
kimjungbill wrote:
PoB skill tree isnt working

Mine is working, just update PoB.
So far lvl 46 on this as league starter. Damage has been fine even with basuc drops. Bestiary craft helped and ill use a binos i bought for a c until i can get a decent dagger for this.

I can already tell i like trap playstyle over totem playstyle which was main reason for choosing this.

It will get even easier once i can farm a tabula, get a couple of labs done, and can start mapping.

But very pleased with day1 progress.

Ty Demi for another solid build!
So far lvl 46 on this as league starter. Damage has been fine even with basuc drops. Bestiary craft helped and ill use a binos i bought for a c until i can get a decent dagger for this.

I can already tell i like trap playstyle over totem playstyle which was main reason for choosing this.

It will get even easier once i can farm a tabula, get a couple of labs done, and can start mapping.

But very pleased with day1 progress.

Ty Demi for another solid build!
Has anyone tried this with ball lightning? If it works what gems would you switch out? pierce for GMP and slower proj for boss? Sorry still a noob lol. If its junk ill just stick to lightning trap

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info