[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

"
Silver_Dude wrote:

Hey m8, and rest of ya'll

Can one of you tell me:

When you've gotten really geared and your tooltip lightning trap is like 80k and pob says 150k vs shaper (average hit).

Can't we drop lightning spire trap? I don't see the use for it...
My lightning trap alone completely destroy uber elder and I mostly even forget to drop spire traps lol :)

Is there a reason why the spire trap is there? or is it just for leveling and starting maps, until you get good enough gear?
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
Silver_Dude wrote:

Hey m8, and rest of ya'll

Can one of you tell me:

When you've gotten really geared and your tooltip lightning trap is like 80k and pob says 150k vs shaper (average hit).

Can't we drop lightning spire trap? I don't see the use for it...
My lightning trap alone completely destroy uber elder and I mostly even forget to drop spire traps lol :)

Is there a reason why the spire trap is there? or is it just for leveling and starting maps, until you get good enough gear?

No, for some reasons. LST works great. The lightning spire trap helps a lot in bossfights, in Delve, blighted maps. Cuz deal AOE and huge single target damage(235k dps*3traps*4sec). Its about 1/4(3.75kk)of all damage(13kk) Its without exposure debuff and Zealotry(but i can run it instead Grace, only shock & chill from skitterbots + Daimond flask(lucky crits)+sulphur flask+ 74% lightning penetration(40% - 75%= -35% lightning res for Shaper/UberElder) + 3 power&frenzy charges... POB/Pastebin link https://pastebin.com/asuYxKxs
Why should i drop lightning spire trap, when i can stuck LST before bossfights or on monster's branch path in blighted maps? Can you tell me?
Last edited by Silver_Dude on Oct 6, 2019, 7:37:27 AM
"
Silver_Dude wrote:

Why should i drop lightning spire trap, when i can stuck LST before bossfights or on monster's branch path in blighted maps? Can you tell me?

Well, I just don't see the need for the LST damage, when I'm already instant-phasing shaper and killing uber elder in 2 minutes lol.

So for me it seems a waste of a 4 link. For blight encounters, by the time i toss 3x LTS traps, i could've just tossed regular lightning traps that clear entire path of incoming monsters hehe. I prefer running a blasphemy/temp chains aura and need the links for it, to more safely run into middle of packs spamming traps everywhere:D On bosses I switch off temp chains and enable skitterbots.

I'm not a life build btw, I'm LL shav's and sitting at 9.2k ES atm - I'm playing SC atm, but I made this build with HC in mind.
It's a bit of a home-made build, bits and parts borrowed from various ideas in other guides and from waggle (the streamer) back in like 3.5.

I checked your POB and our damage isn't far apart, i'm a bit higher if I enable the same things you've enabled (which i also have anyway) !apart from the -75 res from your LTS, which inflate your number a lot of course....But as I say, i already instant phase endgame bosses with just lightning trap, so i don't see why i would need that massive minus-res from LTS, plus you can't shock uber/shaper bosses.

Last edited by oestergreen on Oct 6, 2019, 9:10:14 AM
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
Silver_Dude wrote:

Well, I just don't see the need for the LST damage, when I'm already instant-phasing shaper and killing uber elder in 2 minutes lol.

So for me it seems a waste of a 4 link. For blight encounters, by the time i toss 3x LTS traps, i could've just tossed regular lightning traps that clear entire path of incoming monsters hehe. I prefer running a blasphemy/temp chains aura and need the links for it, to more safely run into middle of packs spamming traps everywhere:D On bosses I switch off temp chains and enable skitterbots.

I'm not a life build btw, I'm LL shav's and sitting at 9.2k ES atm - I'm playing SC atm, but I made this build with HC in mind.
It's a bit of a home-made build, bits and parts borrowed from various ideas in other guides and from waggle (the streamer) back in like 3.5.

I checked your POB and our damage isn't far apart, i'm a bit higher if I enable the same things you've enabled (which i also have anyway) !apart from the -75 res from your LTS, which inflate your number a lot of course....But as I say, i already instant phase endgame bosses with just lightning trap, so i don't see why i would need that massive minus-res from LTS, plus you can't shock uber/shaper bosses.

LST have a duration tag and lasts 3.5-4 sec. I can stuck LST and it will work 4 sec when i spam lightning trap... Ohh, looks like you dunno... We can shock UberElder after 3.8 with skitterbots. But anyways i can remove 2/3 hp UberElder with a stuck LST&LS (21+3) wich grants shock without skitterbots(3.5 patch)... It meaned UElder instant phase
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Summon_Skitterbots
Lightning penetration is a multiplier and works great for fat bosses. POB dps doesn't include penetration, it must note in Configuration->"for EffectiveDPS" -74% lightnig res for trash mobs, for Guardians|Shaper|Uber elder its only -34%(-74% + 40%) it marked in paragraph " Is the enemy a Boss"- switched to Guardian/Shaper. All this is included in the calculation.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Resistance_penetration
I cheked your profile before you closed it. Your damage lower than mine.. So I don't see the point in the discussion.
Last edited by Silver_Dude on Oct 6, 2019, 1:25:09 PM
"
Silver_Dude wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
Silver_Dude wrote:

LST have a duration tag and lasts 3.5-4 sec. I can stuck LST and it will work 4 sec when i spam lightning trap... Ohh, looks like you dunno... We can shock UberElder after 3.8 with skitterbots. But anyways i can remove 1/2 hp UberElder with a stuck LST&LS (21+3) wich grants shock without skitterbots...
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Summon_Skitterbots
I cheked your profile before you closed it. Your damage lower than mine.. So I don't see the point in the discussion.

I closed it because I'm doing a guide on my build :)

I saw your POB, your Lightning trap is not doing more damage than mine, only when you inflate it by your POB checking -75 resist on shaper lol, if you untick that and compare lightning trap vs lightning trap, mine is slightly higher and I'm 9.2k ES vs your lifepool, but w/e :)

Yes LST lasts 3-4sec, but it's like you're dodging the point here...???
Point is, we can instant-phase the end-game bosses, with just lightning trap, so the idea with "LST is great for bosses" just isn't valid now is it? It's not carrying us to do anything we aren't already doing instantly.

So imho, the 4 link is better spent on another setup:) you're ofc entitled to stick to your mind. And yes skitterbots are in my build too, as i wrote upper, I can enable them in place of my temp chains and I usually do vs u-elder/shaper, if i remember it.... either way, they instant phase, so.

"
oestergreen wrote:

Bla-bla-bla...
I saw your POB, your Lightning trap is not doing more damage than mine, only when you inflate it by your POB checking -75 resist on shaper lol, if you untick that and compare lightning trap vs lightning trap, mine is slightly higher and I'm 9.2k ES vs your lifepool, but w/e :)
Point is, we can instant-phase the end-game bosses, with just lightning trap, so the idea with "LST is great for bosses" just isn't valid now is it? It's not carrying us to do anything we aren't already doing instantly.
So imao, the 4 link is better spent on another setup:) you're ofc entitled to stick to your mind. And yes skitterbots are in my build too, as i wrote upper, I can enable them in place of my temp chains and I usually do vs u-elder/shaper, if i remember it.... either way, they instant phase, so.

I can throw lightning traps while the lightning spire trap deals damage. Thats why.
About your build/gear/ dps:
When i cheked your profile not all of your skill gems were 20/20 even. Your weapons is a mediocre scepter with 19% ele to chaos+ shity added cold to spells. Shield without mods for damage. Boots wothout enchant.
gloves for ES without any mods for dmg/trap throw speed... Jewels with %ES+some trap damage+resistances without crit multiplier/projectle damage/other mods for dmg.... You grabbed lot of nodes for ES and lost nodes for dmg...
Shavronne's Wrappings + Dream fragments... Ofc, you can take "pain atturment" in this case(+30% more dmg) But anyways my weapons give more dmg than yours.
Also, i can swap Grace to Zealotry, wich increased my damage(like you using Zealotry).
My mouseover DPS with Zealotry is 192kk in combatwith all buffs(without shock status/exposure from Wave of conviction(frostwall swap)/ all lightning pen. numbers with not included in POB calculation/wise oak(but i can use it too
)
POB says 340kk(i switched lightning resisance to 0 in Configuration->EDPS specially for you)
Well, you can't be even close to my dps with your gear in budget.
Open your profile to proof your arguments or you're just a talker. Bye
Last edited by Silver_Dude on Oct 16, 2019, 11:55:37 AM
"
Silver_Dude wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:

Bla-bla-bla...
Spoiler

So imao, the 4 link is better spent on another setup:) you're ofc entitled to stick to your mind. And yes skitterbots are in my build too, as i wrote upper, I can enable them in place of my temp chains and I usually do vs u-elder/shaper, if i remember it.... either way, they instant phase, so.
Spoiler

About your build/gear/ dps:
When i cheked your profile not all of your skill gems were 20/20 even. Your weapons is a mediocre scepter with 19% ele to chaos+ shity added cold to spells. Shield without mods for damage. Boots wothout enchant. Jewels with %ES+some trap damage+resistances without crit multiplier/projectle damage/other mods for dmg.... You grabbed lot of nodes for ES and lost nodes for dmg...
Shavronne's Wrappings + Dream fragments+ gloves for ES without any mods for dmg... Ofc, you can take "pain atturment" in this case(+30% more dmg) But anyways my weapons give more dmg than yours.
Also, i can swap Grace to Zealotry, wich increased my damage(like you using Zealotry).
My mouseover DPS with Zealotry is 192kk in combat(POB says 340kk(i switched lightning resisance to 0 in Configuration->EDPS specially for you) with all buffs(without shock status/exposure from Wave of conviction(frostwall swap)/wise oak(but i can use it too
)
Well, you can't be even close to my dps with your gear.
Open your profile to proof your arguments or you're just a talker. Bye

Dude, you're inflating your stats in POB.

I have more dps> lightning trap vs lightning trap if I inflate the same way as you do :) You had like 400k+ when I opened your POB but after I lowered minus res to -9 instead of "static -75" and set everything to the same config, you are around 160-190k average hit, in a realistic combat scenario, same as me btw.

I assume you can also instant-phase the endgame bosses in this case, so again, my original question was "why use a 4-link for an extra trap that you don't need when you're already creaming end-bosses and the content instantly" <<<<<

That was my question if you recall, before you got hurt n calling me a "talker":)

I'll gladly link proof, and...

I'll do you one even better after these 2 image comparisons, i'll record uber elder kill and upload to YT and i'll mouseover my skill. I closed my profile because I don't want it to be copied before I've had a chance to make a guide. And exactly, you saw my build while i was re-designing point distribution and leveling low skill gems (and even with low skill gems, you saw the dmg and I was doing deathless uber elder with those lvl 18-19 gems and low ES:).

You're using dual wield and i'm using shield:) You have 5k health pool dude, i'm at 9.3k es atm still going up and several levels under you:D...

I made a build that works for hardcore, so indeed you're right i picked ES where I could and considering you're dual wielding, I'd be mad too if a shield user had same damage lol... and I do, even without damage mods on my shield or gloves as you so keenly point out!:) (images below) *wink wink*

Your POB
Spoiler

Mine (with my skillgems set to same as you max leveled 20 and 21's)
Spoiler

Last edited by oestergreen on Oct 6, 2019, 3:57:52 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:

Bla-bla-bla..
Dude, you're inflating your stats in POB.
I have more dps> lightning trap vs lightning trap if I inflate the same way as you do :) You had like 400k+ when I opened your POB but after I lowered minus res to -9 instead of "static -75" and set everything to the same config, you are around 160-190k average hit, in a realistic combat scenario, same as me btw.
I assume you can also instant-phase the endgame bosses in this case, so again, my original question was "why use a 4-link for an extra trap that you don't need when you're already creaming end-bosses and the content instantly" <<<<<

That was my question if you recall, before you got hurt n calling me a "talker":)

I'll gladly link proof, and...

I'll do you one even better after these 2 image comparisons, i'll record uber elder kill and upload to YT and i'll mouseover my skill. I closed my profile because I don't want it to be copied before I've had a chance to make a guide. And exactly, you saw my build while i was re-designing point distribution and leveling low skill gems (and even with low skill gems, you saw the dmg and I was doing deathless uber elder with those lvl 18-19 gems and low ES:).

You're using dual wield and i'm using shield:) You have 5k health pool dude, i'm at 9.3k es atm still going up and several levels under you:D...

I made a build that works for hardcore, so indeed you're right i picked ES where I could and considering you're dual wielding, I'd be mad too if a shield user had same damage lol... and I do, even without damage mods on my shield or gloves as you so keenly point out!:) (images below) *wink wink*

Your POB
Spoiler

Mine (with my skillgems set to same as you max leveled 20 and 21's)
Spoiler

Nice try to confuse...
It was not my POB, wich you link in your post. Or you are just trying to manipulate, trying to justify yourself by changing parameters.
I swithched lightning res to 0, as i said, and switched mobs type to Guardian/Shaper(but its not my true lightning penetration numbers, only for your satisfaction)
My TRUE POB
Spoiler

MY TRUE MOUSOVER DPS
Spoiler

Last edited by Silver_Dude on Oct 10, 2019, 9:25:44 PM
"
Silver_Dude wrote:

Nice try to confuse...
It was not my POB, wich you link in your post. Or you are just trying to manipulate, trying to justify yourself by changing parameters.
I swithched lihtning res to 0, as i said, and switched mobs type to Guardian/Shaper(but its not my true lightning penetration numbers, only for your satisfaction)
My TRUE POB
Spoiler

MY TRUE MOUSOVER DPS
Spoiler

There's no manipulation dude, your own mouse-over skill kinda proves my point lol, it says 114k with max gems, mine says 97k with several lvl 19 gems. Also your POB linked image is not working:)

Granted we have slightly different gem-setup, since you're using pierce gem and I have pierce in my helmet, where-as you have penetration.

You're using double crafted 1-handers with multimods, your lightning trap sit at roughly same damage as mine when we both have the same skill gems (lvl 21 and 20s maxed)... yet you sit at 5k healthpool with dual wield, vs a 1h/shield user with 9.3k ES (intended for Hardcore) As you neatly pointed out, I've taken ES several places, instead of more damage - so I could easily add even more dmg on top, if I didn't already feel I got more than required. :)

Now back to the topic... do you still not see my original point about LTS being a kinda useless 4-link at late-game when your lightning trap melts the bosses and instant-phases uber/shaper? Cause you're doing a lot of e-peen comparisons, aside from answering my question;P If you have such great damage, to also instant-phase uber/shaper, then what do you need the 4L LTS for? :)
Last edited by oestergreen on Oct 6, 2019, 5:51:31 PM
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
Silver_Dude wrote:

Nice try to confuse...
I swithched lihtning res to 0, as i said, and switched mobs type to Guardian/Shaper(but its not my true lightning penetration numbers, only for your satisfaction)
My TRUE POB
Spoiler

MY TRUE MOUSOVER DPS
Spoiler

There's no manipulation dude, your own mouse-over skill kinda proves my point lol, it says 114k with max gems, mine says 97k with several lvl 19 gems. Also your POB linked image is not working:)

You're using double crafted 1-handers with multimods, your lightning trap sit at roughly same damage as mine when we both have the same skill gems (lvl 21 and 20s maxed)... yet you sit at 5k healthpool with dual wield, vs a 1h/shield user with 9.3k ES (intended for Hardcore)

Granted we have slightly different gem-setup, since you're using pierce gem and I have pierce in my helmet, where-as you have penetration.

Now back to the topic... do you still not see my original point about LTS being a kinda useless 4-link at late-game when your lightning trap melts the bosses and instant-phases uber/shaper? Cause you're doing a lot of e-peen comparisons, aside from answering my question;P If you have such great damage, to also instant-phase uber/shaper, then what do you need the 4L LTS for? :)

Lol, looks like you cant read or didnt see my POB and images. Mouseover dps - dps without penetration(74%), charges(3 power+3 frenzy), luky crits from diamond flask, sulphur flask or wise oak flask, traps triggered recently, exposure debuff and other...
Open your profile and link your POB, stop talking.

There is no reason to believe that the damage values you quoted are true.
I see no reasons to talk with idle talker.

Regarding the Lightning Spire Trap
LST continues to do quite a lot of damage while I can move or throw lightning traps. What is not clear here?
Last edited by Silver_Dude on Oct 6, 2019, 6:41:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info