[3.4] KissMeQuick's Ultra Regen Blade Vortex Tank | 10K HP | 15K+ Leech & Regen | Easy Uber Elder

"
flavahbeast wrote:
The real trick right now is finding one of those %Regen/+leech necks, there's only one up for sale right now for 10ex and I suspect it will sell for that price

You can always craft yourself as well and you don't have to have both mods. My current gear was already complete overkill for Uber Elder.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
You claim this build is 'highly optimized' but I have a big reservation about that regarding what seems like a very bizarre choice in your ascendancy. Specifically, why you chose to take Trickster. It seems like a more spreadsheet choice than an actually practical one. And I'll give you my view, feel free to correct me.

1. Most of this ascendancy is useless. Charge generation is fine, but hardly necessary or abused(and not very valuable on bosses for obvious reasons). Stun immunity does nothing because you have it elsewhere. etc. So mostly you're taking this ascendancy for the recovery rate. This is and of itself isn't a bad thing, but you need to REALLY get value out of that one thing if that's almost all you get.

2. Uptime. "if you've Killed an Enemy affected by your Damage Over Time Recently." You need regen buff the most versus bosses. Many bosses don't have ads(especially when they're most dangerous...normally ad phases are easy downtime to refill flasks), so you can't have anything to kill recently. You can mitigate this with worms, but that's still low uptime, costs a flask, and sketchy that it'll even work because they can die without being dotted.

3. Effectiveness. More vs increased. Everyone knows what this means and why it matters. For a build running a belt, amulet, a watcher's eye, is expected to have arakaali buff up much of the time, and several other increased regen effects...each individual one becomes less effective. So even when you are able to proc the buff from the Trickster, it's not nearly as relevant as it is on builds that aren't using this. So even when it's up, you're probably more often than not getting less than half the effect it says relative to your regen otherwise.

And I'm not just theorycrafting here. I watched your videos on shaper and elder, tracking that buff. It was RARELY up. And when it was you weren't in danger anyways. So I guess what I'm asking is if you've actually tested other ascendancy nodes with the same gear, same setup, and compared the survivability? Because it appears as if you've made an assumption about the Trickster based on some spreadsheet numbers that isn't holding up in practice. Again, feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong. Obviously you'd have more experience.
I think the real prize is access to the global phys damage nodes around the Shadow starting point and the Trickster ascendancy is just the best of the three choices to get there
"
You claim this build is 'highly optimized' but I have a big reservation about that regarding what seems like a very bizarre choice in your ascendancy. Specifically, why you chose to take Trickster. It seems like a more spreadsheet choice than an actually practical one. And I'll give you my view, feel free to correct me.

I do agree with you, and I have attempted to theorycraft other Ascendancies... but you have to keep in mind the main problem is a lot of the Shadow-area skill points are very potent for this build. If you want to remain in that region, but don't want trickster, your only other options are Assassin or Sab (obviously useless).

Assassin may be viable but doesn't really provide THAT much... basically just full uptime of 3 power charges on bosses. Poison on hit does nothing for us.

The only other ascendancy on the right-side of the tree I can think of that would be decent is Raider - since full Frenzy uptime is strong. But the onslaught/attack damage is also wasted, and it's further from the good Shadow-area nodes.

Keep in mind that Trickster does more than just the regen: Your Hits have 15% chance to gain 50% of Non-Chaos Damage as Extra Chaos Damage

If my math is right, this is essentially equal to about 8% MORE damage. Raider and 3 frenzy charges would provide 12%... which is not that much more and comes with drawback of being further south from the shadow skills we need.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
"
KooperT wrote:
Assassin may be viable but doesn't really provide THAT much... basically just full uptime of 3 power charges on bosses. Poison on hit does nothing for us.

The only other ascendancy on the right-side of the tree I can think of that would be decent is Raider - since full Frenzy uptime is strong. But the onslaught/attack damage is also wasted, and it's further from the good Shadow-area nodes.

Keep in mind that Trickster does more than just the regen: Your Hits have 15% chance to gain 50% of Non-Chaos Damage as Extra Chaos Damage

If my math is right, this is essentially equal to about 8% MORE damage. Raider and 3 frenzy charges would provide 12%... which is not that much more and comes with drawback of being further south from the shadow skills we need.

I haven't done the math(I attempted to make it as clear as possible I'm not claiming to know better, just asking questions)...

But my first guess would assume that if you were tied to the shadow start, assassin would provide much more damage than 8% more. This is a crit build, but has FAR from capped or nearly capped crit. Upping that chance(and base crit increases being the best way) would massively boost the damage. And that's not even counting the permanent uptime on power charges. So if you're comparing the damage, I don't think the trickster can compare.
"
NessOnett8 wrote:
Stuff

1) It has to be Scion
2) You don't have to have 100% uptime on recovery
3) You get good damage from Shadow
4) Charges help you with mapping and also proc during bosses
5) It has the best starting point, everything else would make you spend a lot of points on useless nodes / ineffective tree
6) All T15+ bosses and above have ad phases

I've tried all combinations and that's by far the best.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Hi again KMQ !

I have a question!

Is it better for thta build to get "Duskdawn Maelström Staff" ou the two other staff proposed in your budget build for budget/start of this build?

Tkx in advance!
Last edited by GrandChampion on Sep 10, 2018, 10:32:25 PM
Sooo i gave this build a go with my own flavour. I've played about a week and still have some gear etc i need to get, but it's looking quite strong atm.

Since i play DHC i've opted for a bit different route - getting the minion damage nodes near Templar, as well as the crit-staff wheel getting some more block, instead of going for Force Shaper. in comparison you only lose about 3-4% damage but gain 12% S/A-Block. The crit remains the same.

As there's no disintegrator drop yet (At elast what i know of) i've opted fro dual curses (Enfeeble / Warlords Mark (ring)). Also, i run 3(!) Might of the meek ;))

As for now, i'm only mapping / Dvelving, so i've opted for more speed. I use HoI with supports, and with a quicksilver / onslaught, i'm at 124% MS. It's smooth. Will change the setup a bit when i'm bossing in the near future!

Here's a PoB if anyone wanna take a look. - https://pastebin.com/myyFFuu5.

IF you have any suggestions or opinions, feel free:)
Thank you for the guides and I have a question,

I do as you mentioned in the "Budget" area about the Blood Rage gem sequence, why do I still getting the blood rage effect icon ? I thought Immortal Call is suppose to remove Blood Rage effect to enable Arakaali effects.
"

But my first guess would assume that if you were tied to the shadow start, assassin would provide much more damage than 8% more. This is a crit build, but has FAR from capped or nearly capped crit. Upping that chance(and base crit increases being the best way) would massively boost the damage. And that's not even counting the permanent uptime on power charges. So if you're comparing the damage, I don't think the trickster can compare.

I did some more theorycrafting and I would say both Slayer/Trickster and Slayer/Assassin provide adequate incentives based upon what you are looking for.

Assassin definitely provides more Single Target DPS over Trickster. IF your primary objective is only high-end bosses (guardians, shaper, uber elder, etc.) it's roughly 14% MORE damage over Trickster.

PoB Shaper/Boss DPS Stats
DPS as Trickster: 911,769
DPS as Assassin: 1,035,156

This is assuming 0 frenzy/power charges as Trickster, and 3 power charges on Assassin... since this is a realistic uptime. I understand some bosses have adds, but with a 15% chance to gain a charge... lets be real, it's unlikely Trickster has much if any uptime for charges on bosses. For stuff like Uber Elder you really will only have them up during the portal phases, when they don't matter much anyway.

However, for any sort of mapping/delving etc. - Trickster is MUCH stronger. This is because you will have 100% uptime of both Frenzy and Power charges, alongside 100% uptime of 50% more life recovery. Plus added benefit of not being stunned on first big hit you take, which is QoL.

So for a more well-rounded character, I don't see any reason you'd want to go Assassin since it gimps your mapping/delving survivability for just 14% more damage.

If you do absolutely no delves/general mapping and just farm Shaper / Uber Atziri / Uber Elder all day... and want to maximize your kill speed... Assassin is the ideal choice.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Sep 11, 2018, 11:37:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info