[On Hold] Elemental Hit Ascendant [All Content]

"
crazypearce wrote:

its most cost effective just to use 3 socket ones with corroded, metallic and serrated. 4th one to add is prismatice but it can almost triple the cost of the craft so in most cases it's not worth it

jagged is just straight up better than prismatic
it block exactly the same mods as prismatic, but it blocks chaos damage prefix too
And it's not better to use 3 socket resonators over 4 socket ones. With 3 socket resonator we have priority of chaos and poison mods over +level mods, it feels just terrible to craft with 3s serrated corroded metallic, I've tried almost 50 3s resonators, got absolutely nothing.
And I've crafted about 10 elder bows with 10 or less 4s resonators - consistantly.

The only reason to craft with 3s resonators, if you don't want 20% more damage mod and you need a budget +3 lvl gems bow that is better than chin sol
And you need to use jagged, metallic, corroded. This way you block every possible prefix except +bow lvl gems and +lvl to all gems.
And you can craft a +3 bow for about 1-1.5ex including 6-link common ilvl 64+ base and about 50-60c for fossils and resonators, which is a lot better than Chin sol
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 29, 2019, 2:48:57 AM
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:

And it's not better to use 3 socket resonators over 4 socket ones. With 3 socket resonator we have priority of chaos and poison mods over +level mods, it feels just terrible to craft with 3s serrated corroded metallic, I've tried almost 50 3s resonators, got absolutely nothing.
And I've crafted about 10 elder bows with 10 or less 4s resonators - consistantly.

thats why you use an ilevel 82 bow, so it cannot roll the chaos prefix. its about 14c for a 3 socket craft but a 4 socket craft is almost 40c per try.

paying almost triple to just block one poison prefix seems a bit mad to me. the suffixs don't matter because you just scour those off anyway.

and to not get one in 50 crafts is incredibly unlucky. i've crafted a few and the average has been somewhere around 15-20
Last edited by crazypearce on Jan 29, 2019, 4:42:23 AM
"
crazypearce wrote:
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:

thats why you use an ilevel 82 bow, so it cannot roll the chaos prefix. its about 14c for a 3 socket craft but a 4 socket craft is almost 40c per try.

paying almost triple to just block one poison prefix seems a bit mad to me. the suffixs don't matter because you just scour those off anyway.

and to not get one in 50 crafts is incredibly unlucky. i've crafted a few and the average has been somewhere around 15-20

it's not just a "poison mod", it's poison mod that has priority over +lvl mods
maybe I was unlucky, but it doesn't felt like that. I felt like I'm just wasting my fossils for absolutely nothing
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 29, 2019, 5:48:51 AM
What are the minimum stats I should be looking for on a rare single target quiver (for it to be a decent upgrade to a Drillneck)?
Last edited by IllusiveGuy on Jan 29, 2019, 8:22:11 AM
So this was my first real attempt at a bow build and I must say this is so much fun! I'm pretty low level at the moment but was hoping someone could look over my build and see if anything is off or what my next best upgrade would be. Only have a few ex to invest currently but still would like some guidance. Always room to improve!

My Gear
Build is definately insane, can't wait until this weekend so I can skyrocket in levels.

I'm thinking my only upgrades will come from Kaom's heart corrupted + dying sun and maybe some better quivers. Major thanks to blg_RealiZe for your input in this thread, also copied your tree!

Spoiler
what should i be prioritizing for gear? im lvl 69 and dont really have much currency or gear maybe 25c total. i have the pyre ring, jewels, and drillneck and thats about it. Im using a 5 link chest with a shit bow i was thinking about doing the 6 link short bow w/ shrieking essence next but would something else be better to go for? i would appreciate any advice
Finally managed to craft this.

Could be a bit better, with an open suffix, but after so many resonators it will do. Was happy with +2 to bow gems or to support gems.

Next question is I have these 2 other bows:

Using the Imperial for clear, even though it technically has less DPS, the attack speed makes it feel better. Worth trying to annul the Elder bow for a chance to multi-mod.
One question as I do not see this mentioned here - where should I put "Might of the Meek" Jewel... if I have 2 available? Which two are the best spots to put them in?
"
Edimasta wrote:
One question as I do not see this mentioned here - where should I put "Might of the Meek" Jewel... if I have 2 available? Which two are the best spots to put them in?

you can check my tree
If you don't need resistances, you can use projectile damage and attack speed nodes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info