[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
Monhsaroh wrote:

"
Fallbringer wrote:
I have all items and 2 6L wiht 6,2k life at lv 86 but I have the feeling that my molten strike damage is abysmal. POB is showing 86k damage per magma ball and 145k melee hit but it feels more like 20k damage per magma ball. I have 5 balls with around 7 attacks per sec which makes it 35 balls in total. If we calculate the actual damage (with around 40% of the balls hitting the target) i still should have around 1 million dps but it feels waaaay less.

here is the link if anyone is interested https://pastebin.com/E7PwZjdu

Hey Fallbringer,

Make sure you set the projectile distance to under 10 in POB (to activate point blank keystone), as well as turn on "Is the enemy intimidated". Setting the option "Is the Enemy a boss?" to either standard boss or Shaper/Guardians may also give a more realistic dps value.

Concerning actual in game dps feel:

1) Critical strike chance is a bit low. At 7% crit there will be periods of time where elemental overload is inactive, especially if the golem dies. This is a large loss of damage.

Recommended crit chance is around 10%. Here are some ways to achieve this threshold: Respec out of the passive skills "Mana flows" which isn't needed anymore and put those 2 points into divine Fervour. Abyss jewels with "% increased critical strike chance if you haven't crit recently" will also help a lot. If you have the currency, it is also possible to buy a pair of boots with the labyrinth enchant "% increased critical strike chance if you haven't crit recently".

2) Somewhat less important, total "% increased damage" is decent but on the low end at only 329% in total. Any increase in this stat should lead to large increases in damage.

3) Picking up the frenzy charges will help a lot, especially for flicker strike which gets bonus damage the more frenzy charges we have.

4) It's also possible to drop the second life flask for another damage flask, but this is up to you.

Thanks i will give it a try!
Last edited by Fallbringer on Feb 1, 2019, 1:06:35 AM
im so hyped by this build even more than Enki's Arc Witch, which i used to start 3.2 3.3 3.4 and 3.5 leagues :D

this league i was so tiered of arc so went for flicker and out of nowhere i found this beautiful build i have spent something around 8ex on the build if not more

just was looking for some suggestions on the build

yes i know i dont have +2 Molten Enchant but have bought Dying Sun

any objectives?
cuz imma farm some currency
I have to thank you for this build and in depth leveling trees and changes. It's a blast and I freaking love it
Thank you so much for this amazing guide!

I just completed Uber Elder for the first time! - Solo with 1 stupid death.

I also used this build and completed Shaper and Uber Atziri as well.

Feelsgoodman!
Hello, ive been using this build for awhile and i enjoy it alot. however due to my connection being kinda bad i de-sync alot with flicker strike hence i swapped to wild strike as i read in the comments that its a good alternative especially for delves. i want to permenantly remove flicker and use wild as my main clearing ability but as a new guy to this game im not sure what adjustments i need to do. do i have to swap Oro's at this point since i dont need the frenzy charges it grants? or do i need to reswap my entire passive tree since i dont need only fire damage. im guessing my best option is to simply make a new character thats wild strike oriented but i wanted to hear your opinion before i do something so drastic since leveling a new character is quite painful for me.
any feedback would be appreciated.
Hi, I just leveled my Scion up to lvl75 to try this build, because it does look awesome! I was wondering how much you think it can cost to super-refine it at bring it to endgame excellence, plus, what do you think about blade vortex instead of leap slam? It feels faster for dodging projectiles in Uber elder fights and generally more responsive to my clicks

Btw, thank you for sharing this build because ms+flicker are my favourite skills and I loved your idea to use them together
I was thinking about shroud of darkness, its viable?
"
Aminer wrote:
im so hyped by this build even more than Enki's Arc Witch, which i used to start 3.2 3.3 3.4 and 3.5 leagues :D

this league i was so tiered of arc so went for flicker and out of nowhere i found this beautiful build i have spent something around 8ex on the build if not more

just was looking for some suggestions on the build

yes i know i dont have +2 Molten Enchant but have bought Dying Sun

any objectives?
cuz imma farm some currency

Hey Aminer,

Some things you can do:

- Use some blessed orbs (they are cheap) on your Impresence amulet to get a higher implicit roll. This should give you enough intelligence to use level 20 enfeeble.

- Some of the jewels could be substantially improved, namely "Hypnotic Ember".

- Get quality on your support gems. You can vendor a level 20 0% quality gem combined with a gemcutter's prism to get back a level 1 20% quality version of that gem.

- Attack speed on gloves. This is pretty expensive though.

Hope this helps!

"
Really nice build. I just want to ask, is it ok to wear two taming rings?
also, can someone give me advices to what to buy for my character? currently i have 2 exalts, and i dont know what to buy

Hey thanks Skindes, if you're satisfied with your current defenses (not getting one shot) double tamings is very strong.

"
remonite wrote:
Hello, ive been using this build for awhile and i enjoy it alot. however due to my connection being kinda bad i de-sync alot with flicker strike hence i swapped to wild strike as i read in the comments that its a good alternative especially for delves. i want to permenantly remove flicker and use wild as my main clearing ability but as a new guy to this game im not sure what adjustments i need to do. do i have to swap Oro's at this point since i dont need the frenzy charges it grants? or do i need to reswap my entire passive tree since i dont need only fire damage. im guessing my best option is to simply make a new character thats wild strike oriented but i wanted to hear your opinion before i do something so drastic since leveling a new character is quite painful for me.
any feedback would be appreciated.

Without changing the entire build Oro's would still be optimal. You can try wild strike with the links: Combustion, Ancestral call, Elemental damage with Attacks and either ruthless/fire pen and see how it feels. This should match the current flicker colors and be easy to switch to.

There are many really good guides to molten strike + another skill on this scion sub-forum, you shouldn't have to re-level to play another build just buy 70-80 chaos worth of regret orbs.

"
Kuzlak89 wrote:
Hi, I just leveled my Scion up to lvl75 to try this build, because it does look awesome! I was wondering how much you think it can cost to super-refine it at bring it to endgame excellence, plus, what do you think about blade vortex instead of leap slam? It feels faster for dodging projectiles in Uber elder fights and generally more responsive to my clicks

Btw, thank you for sharing this build because ms+flicker are my favourite skills and I loved your idea to use them together

Based off of the current prices, it looks to be about 20-22 exalts to get a fully geared OP character. Without the +2 helmet the price drops significantly.

Assuming you're talking about whirling blades for movement skill, it is better than leap slam but unfortunately cannot be used with two handed weapons.

Glad you're enjoying!

"
Emanl wrote:
I was thinking about shroud of darkness, its viable?

It can be used yet would not be optimal since we don't use Tombfist / Bubonic / Lightpoacher to stack the life bonus. It's not even that great of a budget option since it would take over 200 chromatics to get the right colors.

Without heavily stacking abyss jewels it is around the same dps as a belly but a lot less life. The shade form is pretty useless too since the cooldown on it is so long.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Been using this build all league and i'm loving it! However i'm starting to die more than usual and i'm not too sure as to why. It's mostly high tier syndicate members 1-shotting me/killing me. Do you have any suggestions as to what i could improve/what the problem could be? Thanks so much in advance (:

https://pastebin.com/3j6jie2d
I also love this build however, seems a bit squishy against higher map bosses/syndicate.
I have full res against all, would appreciate if anyone could take a loot at it !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info