[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Having major problems with one shots atm, any tips? I know I have bad flasks, wrong bandit atm (was clone prior this). Maybe more pure armor items could solve this? and proper phys reduction flask? Especially betrayal guys can be tough and some bosses are just plain oneshotting me. Also missing few jewels but would except atleast t10 maps to be cake walk for my gear currently.

edit: Also any tips for fortification betrayals during maps?
Last edited by Paziz on Dec 22, 2018, 5:46:07 PM
"
Paziz wrote:
Having major problems with one shots atm, any tips? I know I have bad flasks, wrong bandit atm (was clone prior this). Maybe more pure armor items could solve this? and proper phys reduction flask? Especially betrayal guys can be tough and some bosses are just plain oneshotting me. Also missing few jewels but would except atleast t10 maps to be cake walk for my gear currently.

Armour is less effective against single large hits so I think you just need enough health. Im at 4800HP with 3% phy mitigation and get one shot on occasion but rare enough that it hasnt really hindered my progression.
I am really liking the looks of this build. Going to try building it tonight and tinker around with it. Have you thought about going slayer over champion? Specifically if you are using the mokou's/eye of innocence? Was just curious. Either way the build looks beastly!
It doesn't seem like there is anything in this build really unique to Scion except better pathing. What other ascendancies would this build be good for? What do we lose out on by not going Scion? Thanks for keeping the build up to date, I am very interested in it since I have always wanted to play a good flicker build.
I'd like to add something here:

I did this with Vorici on Research. You have to keep trying with re-chromas and re-voricis until you hit the white on the flicker socket but if you do you can change Molten Strike and Flicker gem sets. If you don't want to 6-link two Oro's you could try this. (For people who want to wear Kaom's and too lazy to get two Oro's)

Edit: I'm not sure about this after mapping for a while because you really don't have time to change gems when Syndicate pops, lol. I'll replace my trash gear and try again but two Oro's seems to be the way to go if you want to wear Kaom's. We'll see.
Last edited by taylangur on Dec 23, 2018, 8:14:32 PM
Great guide dude. Just a quick question, Im currently running 2 curses + anger and I don't have the Whispers of Doom Node, I can flicker just fine with reserved mana. Do I still need to get that node? , Am I only applying 1 curse?

"
Paziz wrote:

Vaal Grace helps a lot with syndicate encounters, added it a few days ago under gem swaps.

"
XiTriggz wrote:
So i hope you aren't mad with me but i took all of your information and combine it into one Path of Building tree

https://pastebin.com/D1WHhCHg

again hopefully you don't mind it took a while to do and has notes of your forum post and all of the leveling trees in one spot

Hey thanks Xitriggz! I'll see if I can fit in in somewhere.

"
Jileti wrote:
I am really liking the looks of this build. Going to try building it tonight and tinker around with it. Have you thought about going slayer over champion? Specifically if you are using the mokou's/eye of innocence? Was just curious. Either way the build looks beastly!

Slayer would be a viable alternative, it would have much greater recovery, less damage and would have to get fortify some other way though. Don't think mokou's/eye of innocence would be optimal for the endgame character but it's possible to use it as a budget setup to help the scion into maps.

"
MrChubms wrote:
It doesn't seem like there is anything in this build really unique to Scion except better pathing. What other ascendancies would this build be good for? What do we lose out on by not going Scion? Thanks for keeping the build up to date, I am very interested in it since I have always wanted to play a good flicker build.

Biggest loss from going another ascendancy is easy access to the life wheel in the center.

Starting champion comes the closest to overall hp/damage of scion using the same tree minus the accuracy nodes and endurance charge nodes (Taking Fortitude + Worthy Foe). A build starting there would be very strong but fall just a bit short of scion due to pathing. Haven't gone into as much depth as the champion start but it is likely that both raider and juggernaut could use roughly the same skill tree and still find success.

"
unhappymeal12 wrote:
Great guide dude. Just a quick question, Im currently running 2 curses + anger and I don't have the Whispers of Doom Node, I can flicker just fine with reserved mana. Do I still need to get that node? , Am I only applying 1 curse?

Yes without +1 curse node (or something else giving +1 curse) only one curse can be inflicted on an enemy at once time.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Updated guide:

- Added Vitality Void passive to leveling trees. This is just to smooth over transition to maps and gets removed in the 90 and 90+ trees.

- Added more in depth Uber Elder tips.

Also recorded a short fight vs Uber Elder in the current league, with no +2 molten helmet or 6 link belly. Died once due to standing in Shaper beam and just generally poor play but some of you may be interested in it:

Betrayal league Uber Elder (One Death)

POB: https://pastebin.com/fbVB0e2M
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Hey been really enjoying this build so far, but I just did my uber lab and swapped my passive points around. I'm looking at where I just put my wildfire and I'm kinda confused now though. The jewel's not actually working cause it only has 3 strength nodes in it's radius. Is that on purpose or am I going insane?

Edit: Ah was not aware it counts unallocated strength nodes. Sorry about the trouble.
Last edited by Chaosoulg on Dec 24, 2018, 5:06:58 AM
Ditched kaoms, brass dome is better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info