[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
Hey, are you informed that in such position the gem wont give 2 projectiles?

It does give two additional projectiles. The unallocated strength nodes count as well.
"
Just picked up a double anger jewel. Other than an increased damage loreweave corruption and a +1 curse impresence how am I looking? Anything you would change/upgrade next that isnt going to cost me 50+ex?

If you were crafting a godly rare helm over a starkonjas what mods would you be looking for? Or is starkonjas just better for this build

That is one godly set of gear, gz!

For sure a good rare will beat Starkonja's. The problem comes from getting the +2 MS enchant on a good rare. Even just a negative fire resist aura provides more damage than the 10% attack speed on Starkonja's and the rare helmet can roll higher hp and % increased maximum life. However since I didn't play delve I am currently not the most informed individual as to how to craft these.

There's a few more things to do:

- Wildfire with 15% damage, currently just has 10%

- Corrupt wildfire for a good implicit. Either just buy one with +5% damage since they're dirt cheap right now, or try to roll the "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted upon you" implicit as it allows the removal of the staunching flask.

- Corrupt fireborn for a good implicit. Same things as above, super cheap.

- Quality on melee splash and ruthless / Quality on flasks (Feel like you're waiting on hillock for this one though).

- 21/20 molten strike, will give 1.03x damage on molten. All other supports give less than 1.01x damage - molten strike is the big one.

- Put gloves in altar of corruption and pray to whatever god you believe in. This one fully optional, I tried maybe 5 pairs of gloves in incursion and left a broken man.

Really smart taking holy dominion passive in your skill tree, completely overlooked how much resist it gives. Might have to switch the passive trees to take it + credit you if you don't mind.

"
leafyr0kr wrote:
One question:

What's up with using Soul of Tukohama? My guess is that just flickering around counts as being stationary, so the bonuses stack up quickly, but that's just a guess. If that's not the case, wouldn't Soul of Gruthkul be better?

Sorry if this has been asked already, 50+ pages and the search function is kinda shitty.

Soul of Gruthkul runs into the same problem Xoph's blood has - we have to be hit to gain its benefits. Tukohama is not active during flicker, as Cash4cookies pointed out its only for molten strike facetanking.

"
Killmad wrote:
I am starting to have problem with my flcikesr trike for 10+ maps bechaus it always stop mid pack.the skill is not fluent anymore and i don't know why

This occurs when trying to run maps with "Enemies have % chance to avoid elemental ailments". Will update the guide to make this more clear.

"
KingRyjo53 wrote:
Was running a similar build through a different thread, but was dying a lot in t7+. Got an ex to drop and rerolled my entire char to fit your guide, and am gliding through t9 no problem. Thank you for such a great guide!

Thanks for the kind words King!

"
cahisha666 wrote:
Hi again,
i am playing your build in Betrayal, and i love it (already bought watcher's eye lol). but theres this little "thing" Desync. It f*cks me over every day, today i actually for the first time died to that thing. Incursions are the most painful when the desync strikes. My connection is great, no lags whatsoever, my pc is great too, so no fps spikes etc. Do you have any tips/tricks to reduce that thing? I am really sad, bcs i love this build, dont really want to play anything else. Thank you so much.

Try playing with the networking mode under the UI options. Putting it on lockstep should make it impossible to desync but unfortunately can lead to stuttering. I know how aweful flicker is to play with desync, hope you can fix it.

Also if you're grouping make sure you're not playing with someone with a bad gateway for you.

"
BramshLT wrote:
Hey, now that the "You can apply an additional curse" mod has been enabled to be crafted on chests, would it be worth to get a rare chest and use it over belly/kaoms to save 5/6 skill points?

With a godly rare elder chest yeah I think it's worth it. Seems the +1 curse costs 3 ex just to put on though so would have to be a super endgame option.

+120 hp and +12% hp on an elder chest already comes pretty close to belly HP (200-250hp worse), getting the extra skill points would likely make it better.

"
Crimpingblow wrote:
Hey man, dropping in again to say I'm getting into red maps now an the build is still great! Solo clear speed is phenomenal, and when running in my dedicated MF group (5 people so lots of extra life) I can still kill bosses in t15 maps within seconds which really helps the group's clear speed and income.

And second, I know the guide recommends a Starkonja with 2 MS projectiles, but have you tested rare helms that provide -% fire resistance to nearby enemies? I imagine that the enchant provides more damage but if you could get a rare helmet with the enchant would that be endgame BiS?

Thanks again!

Hey Crimping! Glad you're still tearing things up.

Without a doubt a rare helmet with -fire resist aura would beat Starkonja's - the difficulty lies in getting the +2 MS helmet on it.

Concerning gear upgrades, overall looks really good but few things can be changed:

- Chimeric turn coral ring could be substantially improved

- Can get a much better rolled Atziri's step

- Attack speed on gloves

- +2 MS helm (pretty sure you know this though)
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

"
Crimpingblow wrote:
Hey man, dropping in again to say I'm getting into red maps now an the build is still great! Solo clear speed is phenomenal, and when running in my dedicated MF group (5 people so lots of extra life) I can still kill bosses in t15 maps within seconds which really helps the group's clear speed and income.

And second, I know the guide recommends a Starkonja with 2 MS projectiles, but have you tested rare helms that provide -% fire resistance to nearby enemies? I imagine that the enchant provides more damage but if you could get a rare helmet with the enchant would that be endgame BiS?

Thanks again!

Without a doubt a rare helmet with -fire resist aura would beat Starkonja's - the difficulty lies in getting the +2 MS helmet on it.

Concerning gear upgrades, overall looks really good but few things can be changed:

- Attack speed on gloves

Thanks! My plan was to find a base with the +2 and just craft it to have the -% fire res.. this is gonna be a long term goal though as I imagine it will take some time.

I was planning to replace Chimeric Turn with a Taming, does that seem like a good use of 1ish ex or could I get a bigger upgrade somewhere else for a similar price? The Atziris were just the first listed on Poe trade when I started the build so planning to find some better ones for sure. I had a problem finding gloves with the fire damage, life, resses and attack speed for less than an exorbitant amount, going to set up a live search this afternoon though and hope lol. For the gloves do they need to be Armor/Evasion or are the mods more important allowing us to use a pair of ES gloves here?
Spoiler
"
Crimpingblow wrote:
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

"
Crimpingblow wrote:

Thanks again!

- Attack speed on gloves

Thanks! My plan was to find a base with the +2 and just craft it to have the -% fire res.. this is gonna be a long term goal though as I imagine it will take some time.

I was planning to replace Chimeric Turn with a Taming, does that seem like a good use of 1ish ex or could I get a bigger upgrade somewhere else for a similar price? The Atziris were just the first listed on Poe trade when I started the build so planning to find some better ones for sure. I had a problem finding gloves with the fire damage, life, resses and attack speed for less than an exorbitant amount, going to set up a live search this afternoon though and hope lol. For the gloves do they need to be Armor/Evasion or are the mods more important allowing us to use a pair of ES gloves here?

Once you have a nice rare base with the enchant, it’s pretty easy and cheap to hit -%resists and a good life roll with fossil crafting. Just need pristine and scorched fossils which are dirt cheap!
Edit: use some perfect fossils on the base first to get it to 30% quality
Last edited by eaglecnt on Dec 20, 2018, 4:33:33 PM
Would there be any point in trying to go into the heart of flame tree, or would you lose out on too much elesewhere?
I've been using this build for a few days now and I'm really enjoying it. Mapping goes fairly fast, altho I do notice that on higher tiered maps mobs die less fast with my Flicker Strike and bosses are actually fairly tanky.

Tried to do my first elder fight today, and the adds kind of ended up chunking through my life. It didn't help either that my Molten Strike damage wasn't chunking him down as fast as I would've thought.

My question is if you could check out my profile and give me some advice on how to improve my general bossing survivability and how to make my molten strike (currently having 5 projectiles with the Unique Gem) a bit more beefy.

I am aware that both my attacks are 5-linked, and not 20% quality. Would this difference be the issue at hand?

-Edit: Added amount of projectiles to MS

Last edited by Amunkar on Dec 20, 2018, 6:20:39 PM
"
Really smart taking holy dominion passive in your skill tree, completely overlooked how much resist it gives. Might have to switch the passive trees to take it + credit you if you don't mind.

Sure thing! Keep up the good work!

8/8 anarchy/onslaught
8/8 domination/nemesis
40/40 breach/talisman/harbinger/Abyss
20/20 flashback
"
eaglecnt wrote:

Once you have a nice rare base with the enchant, it’s pretty easy and cheap to hit -%resists and a good life roll with fossil crafting. Just need pristine and scorched fossils which are dirt cheap!
Edit: use some perfect fossils on the base first to get it to 30% quality

Hey thanks for the suggestion! I used fossils to craft my belt so I've got a few in storage anyway, guess it's time to find a base! Question about the quality fossil, do I need to include that in the resonator as well or can you just use that separately?
So i just found a "+1 to minimum frenzy charges ring" and it made me if using such a ring and getting a different 2h would enable us to do more dmg since that ring will keep frenzy on at least 1 charge all the time ??
Even with the + 1 to Minimum Charges you are not able to "Consume" that frenzy charge so it wouldn't by pass the flicker CD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info