[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Thank you so much for this one.
Had such a great time and fun, even without any 6L nor Watcher Eye nor Head enchant

Still looking for the new patchnotes to play this one again in the new League
Last edited by Zonk88 on Dec 4, 2018, 8:11:19 AM
Hello, first I want to say thank you for the build. I like the build so far and it's what I've been looking for play-style wise.

However as I got further into the endgame, red maps or when grouped with other players, I found that Flicker Strike did very little damage. I often have to blink quite a few times before clearing a pack of standard mobs. The damage of Molten Strike is usually fine, if I get a 6 link chest I think it will become much better.
Another problem I have is that some attacks or even normal attacks hit me for 80% of my hp or straight up kill me. This is sometimes not even from bosses. I don't feel tanky at all even with enfeeble curse turned on. And I lack the int in the tree to level up enfeeble.

I'm not sure if I've missed something important so could you please take a look at my character? In case that is somehow not working here is my POB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/aQLiKjBY

I know the enchantments on the gear are not great, but I got some of them by running merc lab for some other people who needed help. I finished uberlab myself with the help of others.

I know, that I need some better abyss jewels with more life but currently I'm playing in Standard and those jewels are not cheap. I'm saving up for a 6 link Belly of the Beast (2-3ex) first and afterwards a 6 link Oro's (5ex). After that I'll probably get some Might of the Meek or Watcher's Eye.

I also noticed that fire resistance isn't the highest in my resistances so Wise Oak doesn't properly for the build. I plan to fix that as soon as I can once I find a better ring/ belt. And I also need to roll a warding on the basalt flask.

Are there any tips you could give me? Any order of gear upgrades? I haven't been playing that long so I don't have heaps of currency. I do still have roughly 1 ex left as currency in my stash, which I saved up for a 6 link chest. Thanks in advance for your effort.
Last edited by EpsilonLimt on Dec 4, 2018, 12:18:32 PM
"
Ñora wrote:
Thanks, one more thing on the tree the far left jewel wich is a Wildfire one i only reached 30str and 40 r needed something im missing? Is there a Wildfire gem with larger Radius?
The jewel says Radius Medium, im pretty new on the game btw xD
thanks for your time

The strength passives don't need to be taken for the jewels effect to activate. They just have to be in range.

In the pic below you can see that there is only 30 strength allocated around the jewel, but it has 60 strength in radius, so it activates. I realize this isn't the far left one, but the far left one also has +60 strength in radius.

Spoiler

"
Zonk88 wrote:
Had such a great time and fun, even without any 6L nor Watcher Eye nor Head enchant

Thanks Zonk! Hoping the patch notes tonight will be gentle.

"
EpsilonLimt wrote:
Are there any tips you could give me? Any order of gear upgrades? I haven't been playing that long so I don't have heaps of currency. I do still have roughly 1 ex left as currency in my stash, which I saved up for a 6 link chest. Thanks in advance for your effort.

Hey sure!

Just looked at the current price of gear so this advice will be with that in mind.

- Get a flask that can cure bleeding. A lot of your deaths are probably due to some magic packs that are stacking a bleeding effect on you. Once it gets to max stacks it will kill you almost instantly. This is just a game mechanic that has to be played around.
- Ignore might of the meeks for now. 2ex a pop is overpriced for the benefits (+300 hp) they give. Get them when you are maxing out your character.
- Go for the watcher's eye first instead of the meeks. They are 2ex each for the anger +% fire damage ones, but they are really worth it. Roughly 1.15x damage depending on your gear level.
- 6link on both skills will give 1.35x damage for each skill. This will be really noticeable.
- For int, we need a very small amount on gear, which goes down at higher levels. Best place to look for int is either on rings or on abyss jewels.
- Life pool is way too low for red tier maps. Generally you want at least 6k. This can be achieved through levels or just superior life rolls on gear.
- Looks like you are missing a passive from the story. Type /passives to see which quest still needs completing.
- Move these passives:
Spoiler

It will take 2 extra passives to connect that way, but it's worth it. Note you will lose 10 int so plan with gear accordingly beforehand.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

- Get a flask that can cure bleeding. A lot of your deaths are probably due to some magic packs that are stacking a bleeding effect on you. Once it gets to max stacks it will kill you almost instantly. This is just a game mechanic that has to be played around.
- Ignore might of the meeks for now. 2ex a pop is overpriced for the benefits (+300 hp) they give. Get them when you are maxing out your character.
- Go for the watcher's eye first instead of the meeks. They are 2ex each for the anger +% fire damage ones, but they are really worth it. Roughly 1.15x damage depending on your gear level.
- 6link on both skills will give 1.35x damage for each skill. This will be really noticeable.
- For int, we need a very small amount on gear, which goes down at higher levels. Best place to look for int is either on rings or on abyss jewels.
- Life pool is way too low for red tier maps. Generally you want at least 6k. This can be achieved through levels or just superior life rolls on gear.
- Looks like you are missing a passive from the story. Type /passives to see which quest still needs completing.
- Move these passives:
Spoiler

It will take 2 extra passives to connect that way, but it's worth it. Note you will lose 10 int so plan with gear accordingly beforehand.

Thanks, I'll try to keep that in mind when I upgrade my gear and level up!
Can I play this build with concerted path instead flicker strike?
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

"
Zonk88 wrote:

Thanks Zonk! Hoping the patch notes tonight will be gentle.

Those DoubleCorruption... where do i get them?
45% increased Damage on your Belly...
Patch Notes:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2255460/page/1
"

Molten Strike
Now deals 120% of base damage at gem level 1, and 161% of base damage (up from 147%) at gem level 20.
Projectiles deal 40% less damage at gem level 1, and 30% less damage (from 40%) at gem level 20.

Molten Strike Labyrinth Helmet enchantments now grant 1 additional projectile from the Merciless Labyrinth (down from 2) and 2 additional projectiles from the Eternal Labyrinth (down from 3).

Wildfire is now limited to 1. This affects all versions of the item.

Well, Molten Strike just got hit hard.
Last edited by EpsilonLimt on Dec 4, 2018, 8:16:26 PM
"
EpsilonLimt wrote:
Well, Molten Strike just got hit hard.

Unless my math is wrong it comes out to 11% less damage but we get 4 more passive points freed up.

"
Zonk88 wrote:
Those DoubleCorruption... where do i get them?
45% increased Damage on your Belly...

They are from incursion league, which is coming back to the game this Friday.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
How does the damage look compared to without the helm enchant though? Before and after 3.5
Heh, I was worried it'll be much worse. Looks like I'm rolling with this build this league. Wish me luck. ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info