[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Hello!

As a preface, I'd like to say I really really like your build. Flicker strike clears super fast and it feels very satisfying to hold RMB and watch your character start from one end of the map and end in another.

To that end, is there anything I can do to up the damage of my flicker strike even more? I know what to do to up my molten strike damage (Dying sun + a better helm enchant + 6L oro's) but I want to start running things like Poorjoy's
and Beachhead rotations and clear effectively for my team.

For my jewels, I have a 15% Fire pen watcher's eye, a lot of normal rare jewels with +% Fire damage with swords and +% attack speed with swords, and Fireborn so far.

Would abyss jewels with fire damage to attacks + crit chance give me more flicker strike DPS? Should I get a Kaom's to switch to if I want to focus on flicker for just a set of maps?

Thanks.
One thing that would be great when people post this kind of guide is some screenshots of their stats.

Like, do i have enough crit, do i have enough dps, etc. I'm curious to see the stats of one of you guys (if you followed the guide and cleaned end game content). just to compare my gear and know what to improve.

Ty in advance.

Having a great time with this build. I might try another Taming but losing the life would hurt.
Can anyone help to configure PoB correctly to show actual DPS (mostly of Molten Strike)? I assume the True DPS for Molten Strike Balls is for a single ball only?
I really have had a lot a fun with this build and it's pretty good! This is my second league and its the first one i've cleared Shaper. T1-T16 maps are all pretty easy.

"
Can anyone help to configure PoB correctly to show actual DPS (mostly of Molten Strike)? I assume the True DPS for Molten Strike Balls is for a single ball only?

There's no easy way to do this unfortunately, there's a few calculators floating around but they haven't been updated for quite a while so best way to do it is doing it yourself:

1) Find the average damage per magma ball

Spoiler

2) Find attack speed of MELEE hits with molten strike. A bug in POB results in the attack speed bonus of multi-strike not being applied to the magma ball calculations.

Spoiler

3) Multiply:

Average damage per ball X Attacks per second X # of balls you have X 0.46. The 0.46 is there because on big boss targets like shaper or elder, there is roughly a 46% chance for each ball to hit a target.

In this example we have an average ball damage of 59 000, attacks per second of 9.86 and let's say 9 balls (with dying sun flask). This would result in a magma ball dps of 59 000 x 9.86 x 9 x 0.46 = 2.4 million.

4) Add molten strike melee damage

Spoiler

2.4mil + 400k = 2.8mil

5) Since we get culling strike, multiply the final value by 1.1

2.8 x 1.1 ~ 3.1 million

"
haegisback wrote:
One thing that would be great when people post this kind of guide is some screenshots of their stats.

Like, do i have enough crit, do i have enough dps, etc. I'm curious to see the stats of one of you guys (if you followed the guide and cleaned end game content). just to compare my gear and know what to improve.

Ty in advance.

10% crit and 7k life are the primary stats to shoot for, build feels really good once reaching these thresholds.

"
Tyffieh wrote:
Hello!

As a preface, I'd like to say I really really like your build. Flicker strike clears super fast and it feels very satisfying to hold RMB and watch your character start from one end of the map and end in another.

To that end, is there anything I can do to up the damage of my flicker strike even more? I know what to do to up my molten strike damage (Dying sun + a better helm enchant + 6L oro's) but I want to start running things like Poorjoy's
and Beachhead rotations and clear effectively for my team.

For my jewels, I have a 15% Fire pen watcher's eye, a lot of normal rare jewels with +% Fire damage with swords and +% attack speed with swords, and Fireborn so far.

Would abyss jewels with fire damage to attacks + crit chance give me more flicker strike DPS? Should I get a Kaom's to switch to if I want to focus on flicker for just a set of maps?

Thanks.

Glad you're enjoying the build!

Abyss jewels would definitely be an upgrade over the jewels currently being used in regard to flicker strike. Calculating vs map monsters, who don't have much elemental resist and who are the prime targets to use flicker strike on, one abyss jewel with only a T1 fire damage added to sword attacks roll (+25 to +45 fire damage to sword attacks) is equivalent in damage to your bramble song jewel currently in use.

Getting some additional "+crit chance if you haven't crit recently" on an abyss jewel would go a long way as well - aim for 10%.

Last point would be to get more HP, at level 93 around 6250-6500 HP is good.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
derwindorne wrote:
I really have had a lot a fun with this build and it's pretty good! This is my second league and its the first one i've cleared Shaper. T1-T16 maps are all pretty easy.

GZ shaper!!
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571

I know there are a few things I can do to improve my equipment. My question is that if I stay with my 6-link armor, what are some idea gem setup suggestions. Thanks for looking and responding in advance.
Thank you for this guide !!!
I'm still leveling and I have some jewels in stash.

Feel free to give me your opinion on my items and if you see something missing ;) (blind on jewel will be bought soon !)

I never won so much xp/hour even with my good coldsnap / vortex.
I miss some hp but I know it will come with lvl and some jewels
Haven't played since 3.0, so i returned to find out what's new. Previously was flickering with tiger est build, but it's kinda abandoned now, so here i am.
I thought i would drop playing again, cause i really not enjoying the game like i did before. And I would quit, but i got SO lucky to get random kaom's heart dropped while levelling.
Getting equipped is so painful. I just spent over 200 chromatic to get 3 blue colors, i can't craft them at Vorici, i have to find some recipes, but i really don't know where.
Is there any "crafting services" i can ask and not get f****?
Or where i find these recipes to craft 3 desired colors?
Last edited by Perdulkin on Apr 29, 2019, 7:52:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info