3.7 FREEZING PULSE ASSASSIN (DUAL VOID BATTERY) 6-7 MIL SHAPER DPS

Ok I don't know if this will come out as a newbie question, but why not pick up whispers of doom as it's 5 nodes away and go for a frostbite gem instead of the increased critical strike chance on herald of ice. I don't know how big of a role crits herald plays, and it seems like a free -40% cold res on bosses where it's easy to cast.
Bosses are highly resistant to curses (60% normal bosses/80% shaper/guardians/elder) - hence the effectiveness of curses is heavily reduced on bosses. '-40% res on bosses' is more like -8% - and its not really 'free'. You'd to invest big 5 skill points and a skill-gem slot for that (for instance, phase run could take its place - and phase run is godly in the dvelves.)

Just my 5 cents.
"
Bosses are highly resistant to curses (60% normal bosses/80% shaper/guardians/elder) - hence the effectiveness of curses is heavily reduced on bosses. '-40% res on bosses' is more like -8% - and its not really 'free'. You'd to invest big 5 skill points and a skill-gem slot for that (for instance, phase run could take its place - and phase run is godly in the dvelves.)

Just my 5 cents.

I didn't know about the bosses, thanks for the info. It does feel a lot less appealing like this I agree.
loving the build so far. just hit lvl 90. i crafted 2 wands and want to know if they're better than tulborn for the build. void batteries don't look like they'll go down anytime soon. also is clear mind worth it if we arent reserving mana

Sorry to say - not better than tulborns. Get perfect tulborns for now -- with uber ascendency you'll hit 1.5m dps ez.

And yeah void batteries are crazy expensive. Took some luck and farming to buy them myself.
Just fyi - you don't need a cloak of defiance. It's nice, but not worth the loss in other stats.

I'm using a 6L vaal regalia with massive life and resistances and mana. Much better I think.
Selling a freezing pulse set with probably all the gears you need with roughly 1m dps pm me at @JigglyBuff :)
Last edited by Quangholic on Sep 16, 2018, 5:40:26 PM
Is there a way to build this that isn't mind over matter?

Like without the keystone/Cloak of defiance, or maybe running a rare robe with life/mana instead?

I guess I just don't get why MoM is so good. Is it that once you get a massive mana pool, it mitigates burst and the curse on hit warlords allows you to sustain?

While leveling, MoM sometimes seems to screw me by running me out of mana.

Also, it feels like we sacrifice a lot of stats to get the MoM package. Is it just completely necessary to have the mana regen?

Sorry, I guess I don't get why it's better than a standard higher life/ es setup.

Also, are Tulborns better than Perpetuum, what are their use cases?

Loving the build, the leveling feels great!
Last edited by BigHank on Sep 16, 2018, 6:24:49 PM
I'm pretty sure Shroud of the Lightless would be better than Cloak of Defiance, no?

Has anybody tested both?
livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on Sep 17, 2018, 3:03:47 AM
Price for VB near 4 ex for 1... Ugh
Can i use 2 Divinarius? xd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info