Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

Really enjoying this build in flashback so far!

I like super tanky builds and the feeling of face rolling lol

What would be the best ways to stack more defence into this?
Could we go pure evasion with queen of the forest and starkonja, which might also improve our speed?

Or go an ES route like this build?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2177263/page/1

Or more life route like a kaoms heart or boots?
"
Can some one take a look at my char Crimson_Essence, what can I improve? I have 3-4exa. thx

- You have alot of flat mana on rings/amulet, you can try MoM and see if you like it (optional)
- Enchant boots with a damage enchant.
- With 4ex, you can buy a Mark of the Shaper ring and an average shaped ring for spell stun immunity (optional)
- Even without the above options, you will still be very comfortable to clear everything in poe.
"
Managed to take Uber Elder down deathless with a build other than an immortal VD Poet's Pen. I guess I'm so bad at dodging but I couldn't kill him with LL RF/SR before (felt like I lacked damage).

Whats the build pls?

Ty for char advice.
Last edited by ShatteredEssence on Aug 14, 2018, 4:46:47 AM
Thanks for the build! Just hit lvl 90 on the HC Incursion flashback. Smooth and fun the whole way.
🐢
"

Would you enlighten me what kind of one-shots you're talking about?. I can facetank Minotaur. Only thing I can't tank are shaper slams in the shaper and uber elder fights.

Tinkerskin + MoM is a viable option. Gives you extra EHP while not preventing you from throwing traps. I played it in the temporary league myself until I could afford a 6link Loreweave. You can get much EHP with a lower investment than the pure life version.

However your mana regen will never even come close to your life recovery! This means you have to keep swallowing mana pots after every hit. Otherwise the additional EHP only count for the first measly hit. This also menat that for bosses I tended to run out of mana flasks, which in the end stunted my boss killing capability.

To sum up: I had exactly the opposite experience. While tinkerskin is a good starter chest and can help you push into endgame easily, especially with MoM, the endgame just feels WAY worse than with loreweave. But that's just my personal oppinion.

I would go with mom...i dont lack mana..like never ever...im using eldritch battery. Boom its out there...screw mana pots...get a laviangas / vaal clarity..Lorereave is nice..but not needed..the 80% resist is nice..thats it. Not worth it on a trapper :)

So you're using eldritch battery, that's your "secret"? That's just no secret at all.
It has been pointed out several times during the discussion, that eldritch battery should be taken when playing with tinkerskin. You probably missed that. That was a given to me and probably most other contributotrs!

Again:
Tinkerskin + eldritch battery are a nice combination. That way you can keep throwing traps after having taken a big hit. However the mana still doesn't recover quickly enough.
I'm far from the best player when it comes to dodging game mechanics and it could very well be that you're just way better than me.
I've killed uber elder with tinkerskin/MoM (and yes, with eldritch battery) and with loreweave setup.

I'll summarize/compare my uber elder kills:
1. tinkerskin - 4.5k life, 2k mana, totalling in 6.5k EHP. With still basic gear that already is more EHP than my well geared trapper has. However if my mana is depleted, which happens at times because I ran out of mana potions I sit there at measly 4.5k life! That's when it gets really dangerous!
2. loreweave - 5.3k life, totalling in 5.3k EHP. It is still low and I haven't picked up all life nodes I want yet. BUT I have 5.3k life all the time. AND the life flasks recover charges from the pantheon passive!

Let's say a shaper ball hits you unmitigated for 25k damage. While wearing a loreweave with 80% resistance this goes down to a 5k hit, meaning I survive with 300HP.
With tinkerskin and only 75% res this hit results in a total of 6.25k hit - leaving you with 250 HP. In this case the 6.5k EHP mean nothing if you can't keep your mana topped. The lower life pool also means you get stunned more often (in maps).

Tinkerskin has it's uses - it's hands down the best for map speed clearing. But if you like to do bosses Lorewave is MUCH better. If this brief math demonstration doesn't convince you I don't know what will.

Last edited by Sequel on Aug 14, 2018, 3:29:59 PM
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Really enjoying this build in flashback so far!

I like super tanky builds and the feeling of face rolling lol

What would be the best ways to stack more defence into this?
Could we go pure evasion with queen of the forest and starkonja, which might also improve our speed?

Or go an ES route like this build?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2177263/page/1

Or more life route like a kaoms heart or boots?

You could use both Kaom items if you really wanted. However you would NEED a different movement-skill, which in turn makes using shimmerons dangerous. Probably shield charge, and you still don't have much attackspeed. Kaom's Heart only might be the way to go there... But that would be an entirely different build.
Maybe use 5l/6l gloves for fire trap, 5l helmet for flamethrower trap.

On the other hand I don't recommend using qotf + starkonja. Evasion based builds have never been exactly tanky. If you use starkonja you loose out on quite a bit of physical mitigation (8% effective reduction with loreweave). As for qotf yeah sure, you can use it - if all your other gear is evasion based as well. But this puts an even bigger strain on already difficult gearing. Imho not worth it.
Last edited by Sequel on Aug 14, 2018, 5:31:42 AM
"
"
Managed to take Uber Elder down deathless with a build other than an immortal VD Poet's Pen. I guess I'm so bad at dodging but I couldn't kill him with LL RF/SR before (felt like I lacked damage).

Whats the build pls?

Ty for char advice.

It's pretty much the same build with slight modification:

PoB: https://pastebin.com/TmRbQnJi
Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAANlBAcEswVCBbUGQAZ3Bx4I1Aj0DkgRLRGWE98aOBvgHNwe8B9bIG4j9iaVJy8pTyoLLJwtHzBxMHwy0TfUOkI6WDrYQZZCLEVHRZ1HBklRS3hMs02SUDBRR1MxU1JVS1XGV9hd8mHiYqxjQ2dOakNrt2wIbIxtOm93cFFwUnNtdm97DXtffIN-sH_GgpuD24PxhX2J04w2jX2Nv48aj_qQDZBVlPGVIJUumAaaO5rgnaqgeaIAoqOus7TFt3W5k7zqwGbB88LswwnQH9DQ0PXUI9hU2-fdqOFz6KTr7uv17DjtP-_r8B_w1fD58YryHfJ18uH4l_1K

Instead of the golem setup I added Increased Duration for Vaal Grace/Clarity. Also, Arcane Surge seems to be a perfect addition (both damage and mana regen) to Phase Run, along with Increased Duration for both. I pop Phase Run frequently in mapping and boss fights so Arcane Surge is active most of the time.

I also removed rare boots in favor of Atziri's Step as I replace them with Kaom's Roots anyway for Uber Elder. That's why I put Lightning Spire in the boots - not really needed in the Uber Elder fight.

As far as passive tree I felt bad spending all points to reach the Scion's life wheel, so I instead picked the left side with 6th power charge. It helped with gearing as well - resists (Elementalist node) and str (Devotion). I think, for levels up to 95-96 (and possibly higher given the extra jewel slot) it grants close amount of life but higher damage. It also allows to pick Alira for bandits - helps with mana regen and again, resists.

Alira + Arcane Surge increase mana regen from 80 to 103 for me, which is quite noticeable (and I hate mana flasks). The only case when I need to pop Vaal Clarity is face tanking Minotaur, or no regen maps. Mana flask can be replaced with Wise Oak boosting both damage (lightning pen) and defense (10% reduced dmg of each element if all resists are aligned).

Regarding your char I don't have much to add:

* There are options to make gearing easier (alternate passive tree, Alira). This also helps to squeeze in some chaos resist.
* There are options to replace mana flask with Wise Oak by boosting mana regen (Alira, Arcane Surge).
* Enchant on your boots, get boots with spell dodge (Atziri's Step is a cheaper option), helmet with physical hit damage reduction
* Take this with caution. But if you don't have a Watcher's Eye for Grace, Wrath might feel better (yes we have absurd damage but we still don't kill guardians or T16 architects in 1 second, so a faster kill could be sometimes safer).
* If you are trying Uber Elder, I highly recommend Kaom's Roots (ignore soaking attack, ignore vortex slowing effect, stun immunity).
* I personally prefer Life flask with 50% instant recovery vs instant on low life
Last edited by sky_quaker on Aug 14, 2018, 10:03:54 PM
"
Sequel wrote:
"

Would you enlighten me what kind of one-shots you're talking about?. I can facetank Minotaur. Only thing I can't tank are shaper slams in the shaper and uber elder fights.

Tinkerskin + MoM is a viable option. Gives you extra EHP while not preventing you from throwing traps. I played it in the temporary league myself until I could afford a 6link Loreweave. You can get much EHP with a lower investment than the pure life version.

However your mana regen will never even come close to your life recovery! This means you have to keep swallowing mana pots after every hit. Otherwise the additional EHP only count for the first measly hit. This also menat that for bosses I tended to run out of mana flasks, which in the end stunted my boss killing capability.

To sum up: I had exactly the opposite experience. While tinkerskin is a good starter chest and can help you push into endgame easily, especially with MoM, the endgame just feels WAY worse than with loreweave. But that's just my personal oppinion.

I would go with mom...i dont lack mana..like never ever...im using eldritch battery. Boom its out there...screw mana pots...get a laviangas / vaal clarity..Lorereave is nice..but not needed..the 80% resist is nice..thats it. Not worth it on a trapper :)

So you're using eldritch battery, that's your "secret"? That's just no secret at all.
It has been pointed out several times during the discussion, that eldritch battery should be taken when playing with tinkerskin. You probably missed that. That was a given to me and probably most other contributotrs!

Again:
Tinkerskin + eldritch battery are a nice combination. That way you can keep throwing traps after having taken a big hit. However the mana still doesn't recover quickly enough.
I'm far from the best player when it comes to dodging game mechanics and it could very well be that you're just way better than me.
I've killed uber elder with tinkerskin/MoM (and yes, with eldritch battery) and with loreweave setup.

1. tinkerskin - 4.5k life, 2k mana, totalling in 6.5k EHP. With still basic gear that already is more EHP than my well geared trapper has. However if my mana is depleted, which happens at times because I ran out of mana potions I sit there at measly 4.5k life! That's when it gets really dangerous!
2. loreweave - 5.3k life, totalling in 5.3k EHP. It is still low and I haven't picked up all life nodes I want yet. BUT I have 5.3k life all the time. AND the life flasks recover charges from the pantheon passive!

Let's say a shaper ball hits you unmitigated for 25k damage. While wearing a loreweave with 80% resistance this goes down to a 5k hit, meaning I survive with 300HP.
With tinkerskin and only 75% res this hit results in a total of 6.25k hit - leaving you with 250 HP. In this case the 6.5k EHP mean nothing if you can't keep your mana topped. The lower life pool also means you get stunned more often (in maps).

Tinkerskin has it's uses - it's hands down the best for map speed clearing. But if you like to do bosses Lorewave is MUCH better. If this brief math demonstration doesn't convince you I don't know what will.

A minor pin-point here.
Shaper balls penetrates 25% max cold resistance, so it's 45% cold damage taken instead of 20% cold damage taken.

So it's 50% cold dm from regular gears vs 45% when wearing Loreweave.

I think both of them should be your last priority for 6 links cuz their 6 link version is very expensive, and the effect on your clear speed is far smaller than getting Shimmeron anyway.
You can live with diy random 6 link with 100+ hp and some random resistance for around 30 chaos orb easily while gearing other more important stuffs first. (Because if you want 80 max res AND good ele dm AND good crit AND good HP AND 6 Link, it'd cost you at least 10+ ex)
Oh , going 5 link is not a compromise because doing so will lower your arc damage by at least 35% regardless of which gem you dropped, which is even more dps loss than not using Shimmeren.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Aug 14, 2018, 10:39:11 PM
"
Sequel wrote:

Again:

I`m using tinkerskin + mom + eldritch battery and I just killed Uber Elder without deaths. It`s very comfortable - My mana is always full because of tinkerskin. U should only use ur mana flask when u get big damage - Shaper ball or smth. What reason use Lorewave if u are still got OP dmg and infinite mana with Tinkerskin + battery + mom? Ur EHP growing for small % and u overpay some ex. Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics doesnt really do anything on bosses like Uber Elder - boss is always on phase , and u killing it in 10 seconds - so just keep ur mana and health flasks for dangerous situations. I also got charged traps in my 6-link and The Wise Oak flask. Look at my build - that`s not expensive and very powerfull even on Uber elder.
"
UnoIIIup wrote:
"
Sequel wrote:

Again:

I`m using tinkerskin + mom + eldritch battery and I just killed Uber Elder without deaths. It`s very comfortable - My mana is always full because of tinkerskin. U should only use ur mana flask when u get big damage - Shaper ball or smth. What reason use Lorewave if u are still got OP dmg and infinite mana with Tinkerskin + battery + mom? Ur EHP growing for small % and u overpay some ex. Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics doesnt really do anything on bosses like Uber Elder - boss is always on phase , and u killing it in 10 seconds - so just keep ur mana and health flasks for dangerous situations. I also got charged traps in my 6-link and The Wise Oak flask. Look at my build - that`s not expensive and very powerfull even on Uber elder.

Congratz to your deathless kill! I only managed a deathless kill in flashback after I got a Lorewave, so you're probably a better player than I am!;-)
I never said Tinkerskin was a bad option. I used a Tinkerskin for my first two uber elder kills in flashback and the infinite mana is admittedly a blessing. Still I stick to the claim that Loreweave is better. Worrying about topping off mana and life after taking a hit felt much more stressful - to the point I started resenting playing trapper. But that's my personal oppinion. And when it comes to pricing items, sure this guide has had some (negative) influence. For example I'm pretty sure that it is the main reason why Mark of the Shaper has gone up in value from virtually nothing to several Ex. But prices have no effect on how good an item actually is - Loreweave is and remains the best in slot of this build and so does Mark of the Shaper for that matter.
Last edited by Sequel on Aug 15, 2018, 5:01:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info