[3.3] Noodle's Arc Trap + Lightning Spire Trap Saboteur (Budget 2.2M+ Shaper DPS)

Found some upgrades last night, 6-linked Inpulsa's now a Loreweave, amethyst ring and amulet.

Last edited by HappyRogue on Jun 30, 2018, 5:28:16 PM
inpulsa is useless, cause we never shock and we never kill ourselfs
Spoiler
"
urkdum wrote:
Hi, im running with this same build atm but with some changes, so i'm posting here to see if they are relevant.

The 2 major modifications are that i'm using double shimmeron for more dps i think ( but less mobility, though i'm using brightbeak+shield in weapon switch), and the second one is in the tree : i dont take the scion's life node but go for herbalism + heartseeker instead.

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAANlBAcEswVCBbUGQAZ3Bx4I1Aj0DkgPxBEtEZYT3xvgHNwfWyBuI_Yk_SaVKgssnC0fMHEwfDLROkI6WDt8QZZCLEVHRZ1HBklPSVFLeEyzTZJQMFFHUzFTUlVLVcZX2F3yYeJirGNDZ05qQ2wIbIxtOm93cFFwUnNtdm97DXtffIN-sH_Ggh6D24PxhTKJ04w2jX2Nv48aj_qQDZMnlPGVIJUuly2YBprgnaqgeaEvogCio66ztMW3dbjKuZO8qrzqvorAZsHzwuzDCdAf0NDQ9dQj2FTbC9vn3ajnVOik6-7r9e4V7-vw1fD58YryHfJ18uH4l_1K_94=?accountName=urkdum&characterName=STD_ON_HIT

With this setup i manage to reach 230K average hit which is approximatively 3M4 shaper dps. I have only 5k life and 1k6 mana but phase accro, accro and Mom+EB. I should change some things in my potions setup i think but dropping a quicksilver flask is pretty challenging for me :).

Nice! I think this is totally fine; the shimmeron's are pricey but they definitely do more damage. Since I'm pitching this as a league start/beginner friendly I think the price + mobility of whirling blades is better suited, but I think it looks good! And I've seen quite a few going for heartseeker/herbalism; i wanted that juicy shaper node but it's a valid alternative for sure.
"
Tntmister wrote:
Why use Increased aoe gem with lightning spire if we are using it for single target?
Wouldn´t it be better to use conc effect isntead?

Lightning Spire trap's AoE is a bit tricky, let me try to explain:

Most AoE affects the radius of a skill, eg. a vortex becoming larger

Lightning Spire's radius is actually set; the AoE affects the actual lightning strikes. So if you have a set radius, there is AoE for each individual lightning strike as it's OWN radius, and this is what Increased Area of Effect increases; so that each lightning spire "strike" is taking up more area within that radius (and therefore more likely to hit).
You go Low Life
"
Rake7 wrote:
How does everyone do defensive wise with trapper builds?

Its my first trapper build an i have especially survivability issues reagarding ranged attacks. Sometimes i die within a fraction of a second.

My gear currently is still extremly bad. But i don´t see that much room for improvement defensive wise. I can´t get 3k more life, or 20k Armour. And i really don´t like MoM.

As you can see, its still mostly the equip and gem setups from leveling. Didn´t cared about it yet. But i now want to upgrade to something with a lot more survivability to get into red maps without much issues.

So, any ideas how to improve the survivability noticable? Should i eg aim for positiv chaos resistances?

you go Low Life
Playing almost identical build myself and have a few thoughts.

No way I'm skipping phase acrobatics. The constructs are hard enough as they are even with 5100 hp + 800 energy shield and positive chaos resistance with atziri flask up

I got myself a Vaal Grace to buff dodge even further, linked together with the increased duration in CWDT immortal call setup. 9-10 seconds of around 70% dodge is veery nice.

Why Controlled Destruction instead of Elemental Focus Support? I would guess because you cannot Shock with elemental focus?

I would highly suggest people buy a chest piece with the new +flat life / +% life hybrid affix. It's really not very expensive, even with a bit of resistances ( http://poe.trade/search/ohinoosinikano )

I did manage to kill Red Elder (My 2nd Elder kill ever, first Red Elder). Didn't die once on guardians, but the Elder fight was a bit sloppy and I died like 4 times. Could very well be due to some inexperience though.
At least I managed to finish all acts without any deaths, which is also a first time for me! \o/
Last edited by Tankh on Jun 28, 2018, 5:01:42 AM
Why choir of the storm? for lightning dmg? I believe traps can't tripper he's lightning bolt?
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Currently Lv92 on a similar build. I ended up taking the Life Flask & Crit nodes toward the bottom right of the skill tree instead of going toward Scion area and haven't had issues with Mana with MOM, although I do keep a Mana Flask around (currently ~1700 Mana vs 4300 Life).

I put Vaal Arc in Deerstalkers for the extra socket and have Lightning Spire for single target as normal. I also use Bear Trap against single target in a 4L setup. For defense, I have 2 CWDT setups, 1 with IC/Duration/Enfeeble, the other with Blind/Vortex (I know the Blind overlaps with Saboteur node, but I figured it can't hurt to have more and couldn't think what else to put in.

Can't say I would like the playstyle of using Orb of Storms as you already have a delay from placing traps and creating an additional delay with Orb just makes it feel too slow and I haven't seen the necessity of doing Orb curses to clear ... clears fine without it.

I also am running a Sceptre with Trap Damage as it seems competitive with the all-out crit from daggers. I do prefer running a shield setup though so that I can have another good source for Life/Resists as needed, and can still get the Spell Crit/Cast Speeed the build needs with this.

Currently running Tier 13-15 maps with ease. Very few deaths and my only deaths come from the fact that this build enables me to go fast ... and I sometimes try to push it a bit too fast. :P

Anyway, my current equipment below - planning to replace the belt with something that has Life - currently 4300+ Life without that and have felt very safe, but will want the extra before Tier 16 maps and end game bosses, also my jewels are complete crap (10c or less) and will probably replace those too.

Spoiler
Just a shout out if you get your hands on a dual slow projectiles/trap gloves, it makes ball lightning amazing for bosses (even if they move around). Essentially a second 6L.

Gem links: Ball Lightning-Light Pen-Cluster Traps-Ele Focus (no need to try and shock high tier bosses).

P.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info