[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Hi Guffinn, just came back to PoE from a year break and having a blast with this build!

One question though regarding stat sticks, what are the pros and cons for mace vs axes? I checked and found that maces doesn't have gain % physical as extra cold damage. So wouldn't axes with % physical as extra cold dmg be better as stat sticks? Since we are running a lot of cold nodes in the skill tree.

Anyway, thanks for this cool build!
Hi, awesome build! Today I downed red elder, dropped a sweet Watcher's Eye that allowed me to afford a 6L belly and then I went straight for the Shaper.
Sometimes I get randomly one-shot (by Minotaur in particular), but overall I'm really enjoying it! I'm currently sitting at 5.1k hp, working on getting those sweet rares.
I have a question though: what do you think of Herald of Purity for bossing? I've been experimenting with it and found it very good, plus I socketed it into a "+2 level of minion socketed gems" helmet since it was super cheap :)
What i should upgrade next? Crafting decent stat-stick in progress. What i can do beside that? Farming t15 easily in this setup, down red elder deathless. Should i go for 6l belly or unique jewels?
Hey guys, currently levelling the build. Scrolled through the last few pages but didnt find a solution. I am using two praxis rings to sustain mana. I dont see many mana nodes taken. How are you guys sustaining mana? Leech on boots alone doesnt seem enough?
"
SunNyxMun wrote:
Hi Guffinn, just came back to PoE from a year break and having a blast with this build!

One question though regarding stat sticks, what are the pros and cons for mace vs axes? I checked and found that maces doesn't have gain % physical as extra cold damage. So wouldn't axes with % physical as extra cold dmg be better as stat sticks? Since we are running a lot of cold nodes in the skill tree.

Anyway, thanks for this cool build!

Hey man, very cool of you to Check this build Out after such a Break :)

Sceptres can roll 4, compared to axes 2 "gain as extra" mods, and sceptres have stronger Implicits (they are global).
Cold damage is theoretically a bit better for us, but only very Marginally so.
But as long as you are not looking for a very high end Stat stick, both Options are fine.

Hope I could Help you out a Bit, and maybe you give this build a Shot as one of your First when Coming Back :D

"
Arator95 wrote:
Hi, awesome build! Today I downed red elder, dropped a sweet Watcher's Eye that allowed me to afford a 6L belly and then I went straight for the Shaper.
Sometimes I get randomly one-shot (by Minotaur in particular), but overall I'm really enjoying it! I'm currently sitting at 5.1k hp, working on getting those sweet rares.
I have a question though: what do you think of Herald of Purity for bossing? I've been experimenting with it and found it very good, plus I socketed it into a "+2 level of minion socketed gems" helmet since it was super cheap :)

Hey Mate, great to hear youre making such Progress :)

Big gz on the Kills and loot.
But yeah, 5.1k is really Low. Sadly im on mobile right now and cant really Check your Gear and Tree, i'll get to that in Like 5 hours. But generally you are right: Rings and amulets Go a Long way :D

As for HoP, Go read the Bossing segment in the Gear section. I recommend it ever since the Gem Details got revealed, the flat Phys is simply more DPS at Level 20 than HoAsh.

"
Kasablank wrote:
What i should upgrade next? Crafting decent stat-stick in progress. What i can do beside that? Farming t15 easily in this setup, down red elder deathless. Should i go for 6l belly or unique jewels?

Hey Dude, Sounds like youre having a good time generally :D

Sadly im on mobile right now, but I can give you some recommendations in a few hours.

"
Daglash wrote:
Hey guys, currently levelling the build. Scrolled through the last few pages but didnt find a solution. I am using two praxis rings to sustain mana. I dont see many mana nodes taken. How are you guys sustaining mana? Leech on boots alone doesnt seem enough?

Hey Mate, ty for giving this build a Shot :)

As with most Attack Builds, any 0.4% Mana Leech Node (We get that from Soul Raker in the end, but a generic Node until then) is enough once you reach Level 70 or so, since you have enough damage at that Point.
Until then, carraying a Mana Flask is nice, but not beyond level 40 or so at Maximum from my experience.

Going on Vacation today for a week, so my responses might be late and not in depth. Sorry guys. Gonna Check the Forums daily tho :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 8, 2018, 5:42:45 AM
I was using 3 heralds and had jewelrys adding mana per hit / kill

Never had any problems. probably smoothest leveling experience i've had so far, even tho this is my second season :)I
Hey, what about Ferrul's fur in Delve leauge, is this chest better than belly or should i stay with belly?
Hi, thanks for the build!
I am giving it a try as it looks cool

I am lvl 47-48 right now, at act 6, and im kinda stuck
Could you please check my account items and tell me if theres something wrong?
I followed the leveling guide, but it feels like im squishy and has low damage
Maybe it is because most of my set are unique and not rare?

When should I start getting the items for the build and not for leveling?
Im talking about everything, gems too
"
Gall1200 wrote:

Get that Winter Spirit (cold conversion) asap and swap to ele dmg support gems in your chest. I leved up with Smite and it felt much better than sunder. If you choose my way (smite) than buy any one-handed weapon with high pdps (set max price at poe.trade and sort by pdps) and move moonbender to offhand. If u keep using tabula than links should smth like smite-eledmg-multistrike-ancetral support-melee phys-(anything). If you prefer sunder than do same thing as smite but with sunder but place any other support gem instead of ancestral call. I hope u have capped resistance, if not look for res nodes near scion starter.

Build starts work as intented after uber-lab so until then it's struggle to get there.

Also get utility flask, u should have at least move speed.
"
Christof wrote:
I was using 3 heralds and had jewelrys adding mana per hit / kill

Never had any problems. probably smoothest leveling experience i've had so far, even tho this is my second season :)I

Glad to hear you had a good time, Hope it continues that way :) If I can Help you, gimme a reply here.

"
czesiu944 wrote:
Hey, what about Ferrul's fur in Delve leauge, is this chest better than belly or should i stay with belly?

Farruls is extremely strong offensively. But so are other chests (tho not as much as farruls).

That said, you need Belly for the Life in this Build. You can go with Farruls, but die way more often then. And when youre dead, you dont do any DPS :P

I wouldnt recommend using it, Unless U can hit a comfortable Life Level (6.8k?) with it.

"
Gall1200 wrote:

Hey Mate, very Happy to See another one try this build :)

Gonna give you a proper review once I've slept tho, was a rough First day for a vacation :D

That said, Level BF and Vaal Reave, along some Support gems in your offhand while youre questing.
I recommend levelling with Sunder until Maps, and then making the switch. That's what I say in the Guide ad Well.

"
Kasablank wrote:
Spoiler
Get that Winter Spirit (cold conversion) asap and swap to ele dmg support gems in your chest. I leved up with Smite and it felt much better than sunder. If you choose my way (smite) than buy any one-handed weapon with high pdps (set max price at poe.trade and sort by pdps) and move moonbender to offhand. If u keep using tabula than links should smth like smite-eledmg-multistrike-ancetral support-melee phys-(anything). If you prefer sunder than do same thing as smite but with sunder but place any other support gem instead of ancestral call. I hope u have capped resistance, if not look for res nodes near scion starter.

Build starts work as intented after uber-lab so until then it's struggle to get there.

Also get utility flask, u should have at least move speed.

Cool to hear the new gems Work good from yet another one :)

But please dont spread stuff Like this
Spoiler

I have played this Build in 2 leagues as a Starter without any Problems, and many people did the Same in Incursion, Flashback and now Delve without any problems, even without Uber Lab.
Please dont state your Personal experience as an absolute truth.

Besides that, the Upgrade recommendations U asked for come in 12 hours or so, was a a Stressful day.
Last edited by Guffinn on Sep 8, 2018, 6:19:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info