[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

hey,
cheers for the build mate, have played a BF/reave champ as my main this league but keen to try a scion and found your build. Stat stick news will define a lot of what we do in a day or so of course though.
my question is, and i am sure someone has asked in the forum already(but finding it), what about going PF over raider, the QOL is the obvious reason, and POB shows a dps increase but i guess i am missing something?

cheers for the help

edit: i take it back about the DPS, but the QOL with flasks.
Last edited by fraschiro11 on Dec 3, 2018, 11:03:46 AM
"
King_Arthas wrote:
I started to play this build from a week and the feeling was awesome, always want a char with BF/reave and i find it, a lot of fun nice clear and speed, clearly like Guffin say he don't have the clear speed of a QOTF Kb, but is really fast, leech is insane and on some boss you can nearly face tank it. For my gear i'm doing mid tier red map without any pain, when i get some currency i'll upgrade my equip for endgame content.
Last conclusion TRY THIS BUILD IS AWESOME, big congratulation, on next league if i decide to play it i'll go for the molten strike version :D

Yo Dude, really Glad to hear youre having an awesome time!

If you want to, I can review your Chat a Bit once I'm Home. But it Sounds Like everything is going okay anyways :D

Hope to See you again in betrayal, stay tuned for any upcoming Changes :)

"
fraschiro11 wrote:
hey,
cheers for the build mate, have played a BF/reave champ as my main this league but keen to try a scion and found your build. Stat stick news will define a lot of what we do in a day or so of course though.
my question is, and i am sure someone has asked in the forum already(but finding it), what about going PF over raider, the QOL is the obvious reason, and POB shows a dps increase but i guess i am missing something?

cheers for the help

Yo mate, thanks for the interest in my Guide :)

PFs 10% AS and 6% Pen cant beat 20% MORE Damage and 20% AS from Frenzies, as well as 20% additional AS from Onslaught. 4% Dodge Chance is also a totally viable Addition to our defense, and 20% Attack damage is small but okay.

PFs Flask mechanic is really great, but completely obsolete during mapping which is 90% of what players do anyways. Same could be said for Raiders Frenzies due to Blood Rage, but free Onslaught makes mapping faster without sacrificing a Flask Slot or Gem (which is unreliable anyways).

On all the Endgame Bosses you dont have Flask Problems anyways. Instantly phasing them with one flaskround kinda does that. You could argue that with that much damage, you could also just take PF anyways, but the damage Thresholds for insta phasing are reached quicker with Raider.

All in all Raider is taken for the very nice damage and big boost to speed, making The build feel smoother.

That said, I agree that PF is awesome. Especially in HC I'd recommend it for the extra Level of Security during uber elder etc.

I planned to do a full on ascendancy choice discussion etc., Obviously including PF and Jugg+Slayer, for a Long Time now, but am Limited by the 50k Letter constraint and my personal time.
Gonna contact Support If they can fix the First Thing maaaybe.

As for statsticks: If the concept of statsticking remains, meaning only shaped statsticks get gutted, Moonbenders Wing (maybe with a Fortify corruption) and a Crit hatred Watchers eye remain viable options for the build. I'd go from 8,6 to 7,1m Shaper DPS Like that.
If statsticking in General gets nerfed/removed, Lycosidae Variants come into Play. BF/Reave with lyco is completely fine, tho the Molten Strike Variant explained in the second Post will be better.

If Slayer Ascendants overleech gets gutted, we'll have to move to some other stuff.

Gonna see how the manifesto today and the notes tomorrow Play Out.
Luckily I have wednesday off, so I'll have plenty of time to change up my Guides :D

Hope that Covers everything, stay tuned for the Changes :)
Last edited by Guffinn on Dec 3, 2018, 12:27:58 PM
"
Guffinn wrote:
"
King_Arthas wrote:
I started to play this build from a week and the feeling was awesome, always want a char with BF/reave and i find it, a lot of fun nice clear and speed, clearly like Guffin say he don't have the clear speed of a QOTF Kb, but is really fast, leech is insane and on some boss you can nearly face tank it. For my gear i'm doing mid tier red map without any pain, when i get some currency i'll upgrade my equip for endgame content.
Last conclusion TRY THIS BUILD IS AWESOME, big congratulation, on next league if i decide to play it i'll go for the molten strike version :D

Yo Dude, really Glad to hear youre having an awesome time!

If you want to, I can review your Chat a Bit once I'm Home. But it Sounds Like everything is going okay anyways :D

Hope to See you again in betrayal, stay tuned for any upcoming Changes :)

"
fraschiro11 wrote:
hey,

cheers for the help

Yo mate, thanks for the interest in my Guide :)

PFs 10% AS and 6% Pen cant beat 20% MORE Damage and 20% AS from Frenzies, as well as 20% additional AS from Onslaught. 4% Dodge Chance is also a totally viable Addition to our defense, and 20% Attack damage is small but okay.

PFs Flask mechanic is really great, but completely obsolete during mapping which is 90% of what players do anyways. Same could be said for Raiders Frenzies due to Blood Rage, but free Onslaught makes mapping faster without sacrificing a Flask Slot or Gem (which is unreliable anyways).

On all the Endgame Bosses you dont have Flask Problems anyways. Instantly phasing them with one flaskround kinda does that. You could argue that with that much damage, you could also just take PF anyways, but the damage Thresholds for insta phasing are reached quicker with Raider.

All in all Raider is taken for the very nice damage and big boost to speed, making The build feel smoother.

That said, I agree that PF is awesome. Especially in HC I'd recommend it for the extra Level of Security during uber elder etc.

I planned to do a full on ascendancy choice discussion etc., Obviously including PF and Jugg+Slayer, for a Long Time now, but am Limited by the 50k Letter constraint and my personal time.
Gonna contact Support If they can fix the First Thing maaaybe.

As for statsticks: If the concept of statsticking remains, meaning only shaped statsticks get gutted, Moonbenders Wing (maybe with a Fortify corruption) and a Crit hatred Watchers eye remain viable options for the build. I'd go from 8,6 to 7,1m Shaper DPS Like that.
If statsticking in General gets nerfed/removed, Lycosidae Variants come into Play. BF/Reave with lyco is completely fine, tho the Molten Strike Variant explained in the second Post will be better.

If Slayer Ascendants overleech gets gutted, we'll have to move to some other stuff.

Gonna see how the manifesto today and the notes tomorrow Play Out.
Luckily I have wednesday off, so I'll have plenty of time to change up my Guides :D

Hope that Covers everything, stay tuned for the Changes :)

At the moment everything is fine must farm some currency to get some upgrade, i'll see if play betrayal because i'm lazy to level up character from the start but i still play POE :D
Thanks for reply aniway
"
King_Arthas wrote:

At the moment everything is fine must farm some currency to get some upgrade, i'll see if play betrayal because i'm lazy to level up character from the start but i still play POE :D
Thanks for reply aniway

I kinda know that feeling, maybe we meed in Standard one day :P

On that topic, I'll gladly take any gear/stuff you guys don't need on Standard. Got some plans I wanna fund or maybe use some better pieces on my chars :P
If you got problems with that, ignore me saying this. Theres no harm in me asking.

Statsticks are completely removed from the Game (except for Spells, which will reign supreme now) in 3.5
So we'll move to a Lycosidae Variant, which still is completely fine. The Molten Strike Variant for example actually has slightly more DPS with Lycosidae than BF with a Statstick

I will edit my Guides on Wednesday, don't expect any changes until then :P
Last edited by Guffinn on Dec 3, 2018, 7:15:15 PM
Any early thoughts if/how this build will do with the stat stick changes?

Edit - Just saw you addressed it in last post. I'll be keeping an eye out on Wednesday, cheers
Last edited by WarriorGuts on Dec 3, 2018, 7:17:23 PM
"
WarriorGuts wrote:
Any early thoughts if/how this build will do with the stat stick changes?

Edit - Just saw you addressed it in last post. I'll be keeping an eye out on Wednesday, cheers

In a sense that's all explained in the second post.

Simply chuck on a Lycosidae. My BF version falls from 8.6m Shaper DPS to 5.3 like that tho, I will probably end up reworking the Guide to Molten Strike (as explained in the second post) as that hovers around 9m Shaper DPS with Lyco.
Appreciate the timely reply! I'm not super familiar with the forums so I appreciate you reiterating for my benefit.

I haven't gotten to try the build yet but I was really set on league starting with it, something about it is just very appealing to me.

I did see people speculating from the Markov Chain text generator patch notes that Molten Strike could be getting a nerf so hopefully that's not the case but guess we will just have to wait a see.

From my less experienced and less knowledgeable view point it feels like melee is getting hit hard, even more so if Molten Strike gets nerfed.
Last edited by WarriorGuts on Dec 3, 2018, 7:56:09 PM

This is currency accumulated from incursion league. Had a blast but where would you upgrade next if I wanted to dump some standard currency into him before the 3.5 nerfs gut him?
8/8 anarchy/onslaught
8/8 domination/nemesis
40/40 breach/talisman/harbinger/Abyss
20/20 flashback
Last edited by svengetspumped on Dec 3, 2018, 9:08:14 PM
Wow, didn’t expect such a massive change to stat sticks, but to be fair it felt like we were gaming the system by dual wielding but not actually dual wielding...

Can’t imagine that Molten strike will escape attention easily in 3.5, but if it’s still viable it will be nice to be able to level with the same skill we use in the end, wildfire gems turn levelling into easy mode and helmet enchants and dying sun make it OP af in late game.

Tomorrow will reveal all... I’m frothing :-)
Well you say „reave dmg will be worse „ with the MS variant.
HOW much worse? Ofc probably not noticeable with great items but how bad is it at the start?
Furthermore I am afraid that lyconsidae prices will probably skyrocket again. Probably 90% of the melee build will use it again instead of stat sticks and shouldn’t it work great for coc?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info