[3.3, Build-of-the-week] Stored Lightning Bolt - CantripN's Lightning Trapper.

thoughts on LL? its the hottest new thing with gc mines, and traps aren't THAT different... right?
"
maclarca wrote:
Anyone is using lightning trap instead of arc ? Better clear speed, single Target and damage overall.
I don't like arc trap

Im using lightning trap, still leveling...but prefer this over arc trap.

I think arc is not mandatory skill for this build.
Last edited by noldz on Jun 6, 2018, 9:01:24 AM
"
maclarca wrote:
Anyone is using lightning trap instead of arc ? Better clear speed, single Target and damage overall.
I don't like arc trap

I'm using LT and am really happy with the clear speed. I will note that if you go the LT route, I would HIGHLY recommend you take the "Piercing Shots" node (projectile cluster above "Acrobatics"). I found that the pierce greatly increases clear speed...especially noticeable in Incursions. Other than that, the tree looks near identical to the OP's.

I am personally thinking of running Shaper gloves with Slower Projectile and Trap Damage to link up LT and open up my chest 6L for Spire. May not go the tinkerskin route in favor of carcass jack for the area boost to spire. Dunno if it will work out, but eh why not.
Last edited by oOSlushyOo on Jun 6, 2018, 11:06:00 AM
Can u link ur passive tree atm plz.. rly want to try this build out :)
"
SweeperÆBusk wrote:
Can u link ur passive tree atm plz.. rly want to try this build out :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/CantripN/characters

You can see it on his character
Last edited by deadmeat9 on Jun 6, 2018, 12:12:31 PM
What do you think about the interaction between Chain Reaction and Tinkerskin? I read in another build that Chain Reaction negates (most of) the effect because the traps will not always be triggerd by enemies.
I am thinking about to chose Explosive Experts instead. But here´s my 2nd question: What´s the differense between "skills used by traps have increased AoE" and "increased AoE"? My idea is to increase the AoE of the trap itsef (not the skill) to cause faster triggering if enemies reach the area.

Another question: Are we Dual Weiling when throwing traps with two Wands?
Last edited by Tiffiklotz on Jun 7, 2018, 8:32:37 AM
Thanks for the build Cantrip. Shaper down on 2x 5L and very ordinary gear.

Gear used for kill:
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Parhelius wrote:
I'm struggling with this build. Early on, the AOE clear was great, and bosses weren't too bad. I've just cleared Kaom and Daresso, and both fights took me ~5 minutes to clear, with a few deaths on each. I see that this build with BL is meant to be good for clearing bosses quickly, but I'm rapidly finding that I can't kite, don't have much dps, and take a lot of damage whilst trying to get traps down. I've followed the build so far, but I'm wondering if there might be something I'm either not doing or doing wrong, particularly as this is my first trap build.

Link your gear, and I'll be able to tell you. I've reached maps with ease on terrible gear overall, and did Uber Lab at level 75 alone.

These 2 items carried and still do.

Thanks - I've acquired some Deerstalkers which has helped greatly.

(That said, I'll link my gear anyway, as any criticism you or anyone else have time to give would be appreciated. I suspect a lot of this needs improving.)

Last edited by Parhelius on Jun 7, 2018, 4:08:10 PM
"
Thanks for the build Cantrip. Shaper down on 2x 5L and very ordinary gear.

Gear used for kill:

I will probably rebuild into your build for more life and don't have to worry about take Power Charges
Great build, went for a few other notes but based on your guide, thanks for the help.

if any1 is interested in my spin of the Build Pastebin with gear:

https://pastebin.com/w6KtMEiQ

My Gear so far, is pretty final, going for a shimerons for Endgame Boss stuff, but brightbeak is doing the job for red elder.

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info