[3.7] Face-Cannon Frost blades Assassin. Face Tank everything! (Shaper, Uber elder video added)

"
Biratancho wrote:
"
nal_tony wrote:

.. haven't decided what build to play though.

Ah, classic! I have been wanting to try Frost Blades AND Assassin for a while so to see them paired together left me no choice lol

Best of luck in the race and thanks again :)

Haha that's nice! Good luck to your race too!
"
Mouslhy wrote:
well i am new and my frist build was cyclone wasnt fun at all xd and i did try your build its soo cool but dont u think 81% of resistance is toooo low and we got 450k dps is toooo alot too also i cant understand why do we got 3 aura while we use only purity of ice and hatered and heraled of ice isnt activated why u did put it then ?
and thanks again for this build really alot sorr for the english also

Did not quite get it... Why you say 81% resistance is too low, and why you complain DPS is too high?.. You do know 75% is the resistance cap right?

In terms of auras, for general mapping and bosses, use Hatred + Herald of Ash + Herald of Ice( or Arctic Armour).

For shaper and uber elder, use Hatred + purity of ice
Just wanted to report my progress so far... Leveling was a bit of a pain but once I got to blood aqueducts and grinded out some levels and currency (humility cards MVP) it got so much more fun. To be honest I have been insanely lucky with drops so far. I got a queen of the forest drop which allowed me to buy 2 Bloodseekers.

The build is super fast and fun, very well-balanced it seems, I love it!

Also, check out these disgusting boots I just got:
They even have space for Cold Resistance... I will be doing Haku rotas to get him to 6 and craft it.

One question regarding flasks: In your main post you have linked 4 flasks and an amulet (accidentally?) What should I aim to get as a fifth flask? Diamond?

Thanks again for the help!
Last edited by Biratancho on May 5, 2018, 7:02:38 PM
"
Biratancho wrote:
Just wanted to report my progress so far... Leveling was a bit of a pain but once I got to blood aqueducts and grinded out some levels and currency (humility cards MVP) it got so much more fun. To be honest I have been insanely lucky with drops so far. I got a queen of the forest drop which allowed me to buy 2 Bloodseekers.

The build is super fast and fun, very well-balanced it seems, I love it!

Also, check out these disgusting boots I just got:
They even have space for Cold Resistance... I will be doing Haku rotas to get him to 6 and craft it.

One question regarding flasks: In your main post you have linked 4 flasks and an amulet (accidentally?) What should I aim to get as a fifth flask? Diamond?

Thanks again for the help!

Glad you're having fun and grats for the drops!

I just fixed the flask section, thanks for pointing it out! Yes I used a diamond flask.
Starting this up on flashback. Do you think opal rings out perform steel? And is phys damage rolls most important dps on jewellery?

Also how do you feel about loreweave instead of belly? too much hp loss?
Last edited by bitbite11 on May 6, 2018, 9:37:00 AM
"
bitbite11 wrote:
Starting this up on flashback. Do you think opal rings out perform steel? And is phys damage rolls most important dps on jewellery?

Also how do you feel about loreweave instead of belly? too much hp loss?

Steel ring seems better. I tested with a white steel ring and a white opal ring (both max rolled), steel ring provides more DPS.

I will consider a very well-rolled loreweave instead of belly. But that may be very very expensive, and I did not test that in game...

This is only my second character, but holy shit the damage. I can pretty much 1 tap mobs with not so good gear. I still don't have a 6L since I am new and dont have much currency. I have the shapers touch gloves(can't wear them yet),stygian belt, Belly of the Beast 5L and2 ornament of the east claws. Working on saving currency for the bloodseekers and a 6L. I really want to get Enlighthen as well but dont have the currency for it yet. I saw the Starkonjas with the enchantment, so I might save up for that. I have a scourge claw and a touch of anguish, so I dont know if that would but okay to use until I get bloodseekers, or the the Ornament of the easts are better?

But this build kills things soooo quick. I am level 52 with a little less than 2k health. Survivability is decent, sometimes I die really fast, but I think I need to work on resistances and life. Any tips or advice would be awesome since I am still figuring things out. Great build!

edit: also is Brine King a staple for this build? Just wondering because it seems like I do not get stunned very often, so I wasnt sure if there was a better choice. And what should I do to get higher max mana? Rught now I can only have HoA and Hatred up. I cant run Arctic armor HoA and Hatred at the same time or I will have no mana left.
Last edited by Drew_Grit on May 7, 2018, 4:03:08 PM
"
Drew_Grit wrote:
I have a scourge claw and a touch of anguish, so I dont know if that would but okay to use until I get bloodseekers, or the the Ornament of the easts are better?

But this build kills things soooo quick. I am level 52 with a little less than 2k health. Survivability is decent, sometimes I die really fast, but I think I need to work on resistances and life. Any tips or advice would be awesome since I am still figuring things out. Great build!

edit: also is Brine King a staple for this build? Just wondering because it seems like I do not get stunned very often, so I wasnt sure if there was a better choice. And what should I do to get higher max mana? Rught now I can only have HoA and Hatred up. I cant run Arctic armor HoA and Hatred at the same time or I will have no mana left.

Glad you enjoy that! You could use other unique claws and swtich back to bloodseekers when you start to die frequently.

When your DPS is high enough, one easy fix for life/resist is to search for two-stoned rings with 70+ life.
Search in poe.trade with 100+ total resistance and 70+ maximum life. Very cheap rings but very effective.

In terms of auras, just stay with 2 auras until you can afford a enlighten Lv4. When you get to higher levels, you really don't want to get stun lock and die, so I would still suggest take Brine King. (If you use Kaom's Root you can take others of course.)
Hi
I'm currently trying this build in flashback and I like it, even though im still leveling up.
I have a few questions :

- Why melee physical support gem if we take cold conversion passives (winter spirit) ?
- Why not take elemental damage nodes at the start of the tree instead of attack speed ? does it scale better ?
- Why not take flash freeze ?

thanks !
"
Lightz wrote:
Hi
I'm currently trying this build in flashback and I like it, even though im still leveling up.
I have a few questions :

- Why melee physical support gem if we take cold conversion passives (winter spirit) ?
- Why not take elemental damage nodes at the start of the tree instead of attack speed ? does it scale better ?
- Why not take flash freeze ?

thanks !

Hi there, glad to answer:

1. Yes we deal 100% cold damage, but the calculation is to first calculate how much physical damage you have, then convert to cold dmg. So the modifier to physical dmg works for us, and physical damage is more efficient than cold damage.

2. Yes. PoB shows that attack speed provides higher DPS and leech rate.

3. Flash freeze does not provide as much DPS as you imagine. If you remove any two DPS nodes from my tree and take flash freeze, your DPS reduces.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info