[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

Well, must say I get my first ever UberElder kill, so thanks for the guide, it's awesome.

It was first try, though I used all 6 portals. At first I managed to hit both for more than 50% of their HP easily, but then I died and a moment of panic happened, so I died like 3 in a row very fast. Then I got little space to maneuver, but was able to do it in the last portal.

To anyone asking about this build potential, keep in mind I did not try this before, so it was a succeed run on first try, and I did some mistakes due to lack of experience and panic; ergo, the build rocks!

My gear and flasks I used to kill the UberElder if someone is interested:

My armour is just crap (its a tabula upgrade, I got it for 35 chaos), gloves, ring and amulet are MEH, the only 21 gem I got is Arc. Jewels are not premium in any way, just life resis. The other pieces (helm, boots, weapons) are nice though.
I got 4608 life, 2404 mana, level 93.
I only used 1 damage flask for this battle, for mapping I use 2 or 3.
And I just realized while writting this, that I used Lunaris and Gruthkul because I forgot to turn into Arakaali and Yugul lol.

My buffed damage in hideout (charges, flask, arcane surge) is 109K. In PoB it is 230K against Shaper in PoB with this setup.

Good luck to every other Arc UberElder hunters! Hope this helps. Best wishes.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Jun 18, 2018, 10:02:37 PM
so really confused with the gems a lot of you are using for one i see a lot of you have enfeeble and conductivity but with out having +1 to max curses i don't understand what the purpose of having these are. Another thing is some of you have clarity does that not count as reserved mana does it not negate clear mind even though it does reserve some mana also and this one I'm not to sure about cause iv never made any character using energy shield but seeing as soul mantle has energy shield and you have no passive boost to armour or evasion wouldn't it be better to get es on the rest of your gear too for a added life boost there is also a lot of es buffs near this tree one cluster even has + life and es and help hear would be great
I don't understand the downside of using vaal arc instead of regular arc? What am I missing?
"
so really confused with the gems a lot of you are using for one i see a lot of you have enfeeble and conductivity but with out having +1 to max curses. Another thing is some of you have clarity does that not count as reserved mana does it not negate clear mind

Conductivity + arcane surge is for single target dmg boost(bosses) and Enfeeble is on CWDT(when you take damage), it helps you survive.
Guys with clarity probably don't run clear mind jewel.

"
Microchaton wrote:
I don't understand the downside of using vaal arc instead of regular arc? What am I missing?

Well there is non - If you cast your Vaal arc totem first and then start casting normal arc totems.
Vaal arc totem attack only once, so if you summon it after you summoned 4 normal arc totems, you have to resummon them all to get full DPS, otherwise you only attack with 4 boosted totems instead of 5.
"
so really confused with the gems a lot of you are using for one i see a lot of you have enfeeble and conductivity but with out having +1 to max curses i don't understand what the purpose of having these are. Another thing is some of you have clarity does that not count as reserved mana does it not negate clear mind even though it does reserve some mana also and this one I'm not to sure about cause iv never made any character using energy shield but seeing as soul mantle has energy shield and you have no passive boost to armour or evasion wouldn't it be better to get es on the rest of your gear too for a added life boost there is also a lot of es buffs near this tree one cluster even has + life and es and help hear would be great

Curses:
the CWDT use enfeeble because it happen when you take damage and you need more defence.
The self cast is used for activate Arcane Surge. You can use conductivity for more damage or enfeeble for more defence.

Clarity:
The build doen't need any mana regen in the form of flask or clarity. Someone use it, probably, to boost the mana regen for MoM. Obvoiusly you will change Clear Mind with something else (Whatcer's Eye with clarity bonus?).

Rare Items:
You can use Energy Shield items to have more EHP. You will need some currency to chrome them correctly though.
-
Last edited by secretz1 on Jun 19, 2018, 5:56:21 AM
Any ideas how to make this build a bit tankier? I'm currently lvl 91 and at 4.5k life, 2.9k mana but I'm getting oneshotted randomly. I know it's kind of a learn-to-play issue since I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to endgame bosses but I'd like to modify this to a bit more forgiving direction if possible.
"
AdamnMiller wrote:
You would either need a second Essence Worm or you'd need to drop Wrath. If you're killing things extremely fast, swap out Wrath. Wrath gives you a huge boost, but with two Shimmerons it's probably overkill in all situations. This should add a nice chunk of survivability.

Well actually it dont need to not reserv some mana for Clarity, it takes only ~400 mana from 2200 manapool, but regen from that 18% from jewel is rediculous, i already try this jewel and it gives ALOT of suriviability and QoL.
Also if you told about Clear mind jewel working so dps drop without it is small, Wrath gives more dps.
Build is straight pooping on things. I've been extremely lucky so far this season but I'm struggle bussin the elder fight, any tips you guys know? I've never fought him before. I tried twice with this gear, both times I got them to quarter/half hp.

I also got a lucky watcher's eye. with 11% penetration while using wrath.

My gear is ridiculous so obviously I'm missing something...
"
secretz1 wrote:
Any ideas how to make this build a bit tankier? I'm currently lvl 91 and at 4.5k life, 2.9k mana but I'm getting oneshotted randomly. I know it's kind of a learn-to-play issue since I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to endgame bosses but I'd like to modify this to a bit more forgiving direction if possible.

You have 2 shimmerons and took all damage boosting nodes you could,so not a surprise.
Options i can offer you:

1)just got a shield instead of 2nd shimmerony,search for
100+ life
100+ es
damage mods (something like 60+ spell dmg,cast speed,crit chance)
mana maybe
2)remove Doom cast (5 points),get Devotion nodes (20% life +30str)
3)remove Throatseeker (4 points),get 2 additional jewel sockets,insert 7%life and 2 damage mods jewels each (14%life and can give you as much dps as throatseekek node)
5)Get watcher's eye, +lightning dmg when wrath active, 4-6% mana\life\energy shield
4)Defencive flasks
Last edited by gushick47 on Jun 19, 2018, 11:43:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info