[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

"
Gegemo wrote:
"
Griff112 wrote:
Can anyone help with a poe.trade weapon search for a 30-80c budget, that'll be used before I can afford shimmeron?

Here's my current search, but i'm afraid i might be missing good damage mods. I'm also not sure what minimums to set for each mod

http://poe.trade/search/ikogitaniniito

http://poe.trade/search/tokadakitutoki

I would not waste chaos for this items. At least no more than 10c.

would you recomend those rares or 2 moonsorrows (i had em already)
Doesn't the use of ele focus in your build keep Arc from shocking? Would think it would be better to substitute increase crit strikes or something in its place so you can shock.
"
Gegemo wrote:

The moral:
In 3.3 ARC is overpowered!
You should prioritize defense as much as possible instead of damage.
Honestly I'm considering Eclipse Solaris for my setup.

I do a quick test on PoB about that idea of yours, with my current character (I'm out of town for a week, so his gears were from day1 of the league)
x2 Moonsorrow: 50k dps
x1 Moonsorrow and x1 Eclipse Solaris: 51k dps (with Enemy Blinded checked in PoB)

Not worth it because we will have to wait for at least 1 hit from totem to make them blind from Moonsorrow's bonus to benefit from ES (nobody wants to get close to monsters to use the blind bonus from Ecipse Solaris, I guess)
But if you still plan to use it to test, just let us know how it goes :p
Last edited by koros on Jun 6, 2018, 8:25:28 AM
"
lurker14ownz wrote:
Doesn't the use of ele focus in your build keep Arc from shocking? Would think it would be better to substitute increase crit strikes or something in its place so you can shock.

Read FAQ

"
koros wrote:
"
Gegemo wrote:

The moral:
In 3.3 ARC is overpowered!
You should prioritize defense as much as possible instead of damage.
Honestly I'm considering Eclipse Solaris for my setup.

I do a quick test on PoB about that idea of yours, with my current character (I'm out of town for a week, so his gears were from day1 of the league)
x2 Moonsorrow: 50k dps
x1 Moonsorrow and x1 Eclipse Solaris: 51k dps (with Enemy Blinded checked in PoB)

Not worth it because we will have to wait for at least 1 hit from totem to make them blind from Moonsorrow's bonus to benefit from ES (nobody wants to get close to monsters to use the blind bonus from Ecipse Solaris, I guess)
But if you still plan to use it to test, just let us know how it goes :p

Unfortunately Moonsorrow doesn't blind enemies. The 10% chance is local and the level 20 is a support for gems socketed there.
I plan to use it with a Shimmeron to benefit from blind aura (defensive layer) not for the DPS bonus.
Last edited by Gegemo on Jun 6, 2018, 8:33:45 AM
"
Gegemo wrote:

Unfortunately Moonsorrow doesn't blind enemies. The 10% chance is local and the level 20 is a support for gems socketed there.

Oh I just read the wiki again, you're correct!
Then it's even less attractive to use the ES wand :|

Btw, from testing on PoB, I find out that
x2 Moonsorrows are pretty decent for its price -> but then x2 rare wands (which I created on PoB) is better -> x2 Shimmerons are best

So spending 2 alc for Moonsorrows then use whatever drops off mapping/Alva till Shimmerons seems like the only option here :) Shimmerons seem impossible to beat, in term of DPS atm (unless there are some godly mods in this content that we havent found out just yet :p)
Last edited by koros on Jun 6, 2018, 8:39:21 AM
Hi all! I am also playing this build in 3.3 and I am only playing 1 build every league (don’t have time for more).

Is Arc really viable for Shaper/Uber Atziri and Uber Elder for a “casual”? Mathil has done Uber Elder in 3.2 and Arc got buffed but Mathil is killing Shaper with everything it seems. I have never killed Uber Elder before.

I think about some strange options and don’t know if they make any sense at all. (I Probably won’t be able to get enough currency for option 1 and 2 but wanted to hear what the PROs think about that):

1st Option: Massively picking mana nodes, Items with Mana Reg and using Indigon

2nd Option: Atziri’s Reflection, Coward’s Legacy, Self-Flagellation, Pain Attunement (It seems that Atziri’s Reflection is much more common this league. Price is still high as it was so rare before but the number of Prophecys and Atziri’s Reflection available is much higher as it seems and the Price is also going down). Unfortunately 1xShimmeron would still be best as main hand weapon otherwise Shield Charge would be possible too.

3 Option: Massive Gem Swap to a Dark Pact, Wither, Despair setup only for Shaper, Guardians, Uber Atziri, Red Elder and Uber Elder picking up Spell Damage and Totem nodes instead of Lightning Damage nodes
"
Slowdice2 wrote:
Hi all! I am also playing this build in 3.3 and I am only playing 1 build every league (don’t have time for more).

Is Arc really viable for Shaper/Uber Atziri and Uber Elder for a “casual”? Mathil has done Uber Elder in 3.2 and Arc got buffed but Mathil is killing Shaper with everything it seems. I have never killed Uber Elder before.

I think about some strange options and don’t know if they make any sense at all. (I Probably won’t be able to get enough currency for option 1 and 2 but wanted to hear what the PROs think about that):

2nd Option: Atziri’s Reflection, Coward’s Legacy, Self-Flagellation, Pain Attunement (It seems that Atziri’s Reflection is much more common this league. Price is still high as it was so rare before but the number of Prophecys and Atziri’s Reflection available is much higher as it seems and the Price is also going down). Unfortunately 1xShimmeron would still be best as main hand weapon otherwise Shield Charge would be possible too.

3 Option: Massive Gem Swap to a Dark Pact, Wither, Despair setup only for Shaper, Guardians, Uber Atziri, Red Elder and Uber Elder picking up Spell Damage and Totem nodes instead of Lightning Damage nodes

My opinion:
1/ Have never played Indigon builds, so can't tell.
2/ Price will drop, you can wait, but you can just do mapping and farming Shimmerons at the same time
3/ Then it's no longer an Arc-totem-kill of that boss, imo, this game is fun when you can use the skill you love to kill bosses. It's up to you, anyway :D but if you want a build that guarantee a kill of Uber Elders, then generic summoner build or golemancer will get you there.

You don't need the unique chest for highest content, if you can't afford it, a rare chest already gives crazy dps.
So if you really want to kill everything with Arc Totem as a casual player (as you mentioned):
You have 3 months till league ends -> get to Lvl90 -> buy rare chest -> buy cheap x2 Shimmerons for 20chaos when the price drops -> be da Uber Elders killer!
"
Slowdice2 wrote:

Arc is really good right now, combine it with 5 arc totems and its grossly good. I've done plenty of melee full on dps builds, defensive builds etc etc. I'm shocked not only how smoothly clearing goes, but how laughably fast it melts bosses. It's very very good. It will easily be able to do shaper and uber elder, no doubts in my mind. It's not as crazy defensive as some builds. You will be able to take most likely 1 hit from both uber / shaper and then you will die. You will need decent reflexes for them but that's why totem builds are great. You can focus on staying alive while your totems do the lifting.

As with all the people asking about weapon upgrades. Don't. Save your C, get super cheap moonsorrows and dual wield them. They are 1c for a max roll, and with 2 of them it carried me to red maps. I could have kept going but I have been picking up every dagger and wand that drops and got a very very nice wand replacement for one of my moonsorrows. I highly suggest everyone to do the same until the outrageous price on shimmers drop or you just naturally farm it yourself (which is 100% possible to do with 2x moons). If you find a wand and aren't sure if it's better...equip it and check your tooltip.

The selfID wand I found is:

94 total spell dmg
adds 28-47 cold spell damage
19% cast speed
34 crit multi
Still has a slot for enchant
Last edited by coaa on Jun 6, 2018, 9:09:16 AM
"
Slowdice2 wrote:

I play one build for league too. Same reason as yours.

Mathil would kill Shaper naked, I don't. Last league was my first attempt and success, in the end I finished doing many runs (still dying tho). This league 1 totem deal more damage than 3 in 3.2

In 3.2 I wouldn't probably be able to kill Uber Elder because the fight was too long. In 3.3 with this DPS I feel I can do it.

Your options:
1) Massive damage but Indigon costs is out of reach (for me).

2) 2x Shimmeros is the best setup for DPS. To win the hardest fight in the game you must (pick one):
- Play like Mathil do.
- Play a super defensive build (in 3.2 was the uber regen RF).
- Play a super offensive build (this could be one).

3) ARC is the best in this league.
Last edited by Gegemo on Jun 6, 2018, 9:18:47 AM
Thx! I could also stay true to this build and try how much I will be able to accomplish until the end of League.

I am leveling Dark Pact, Wither, Skeletons, Despair and Dark Pact Support Gems at the Moment but maybe I should skip that as I am short on Gem Slots due to that ;)

Are there any good Uniques for this build with MS other than boots? More MS would also help as a defence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info