[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

"
Griff112 wrote:
Can anyone help with a poe.trade weapon search for a 30-80c budget, that'll be used before I can afford shimmeron?

Here's my current search, but i'm afraid i might be missing good damage mods. I'm also not sure what minimums to set for each mod

http://poe.trade/search/ikogitaniniito

http://poe.trade/search/tokadakitutoki

I would not waste chaos for this items. At least no more than 10c.
Shimmeron description says "400 Lightning Damage taken per second per Power Charge if you've dealt a Critical Strike Recently".

Will I take any damage from it or it's going to me my totems sucking up the damage since they are the ones criting.
Would you say this build would go well with just one shimmeron and shield/moonsorrow? 5ex for shim ouch..

what should I upgrade next to give me more bang for buck so to say.? one shimmeron vs 6 link soul mantle (upgrading from 5link)
"
RaPsKa wrote:
Would you say this build would go well with just one shimmeron and shield/moonsorrow? 5ex for shim ouch..

what should I upgrade next to give me more bang for buck so to say.? one shimmeron vs 6 link soul mantle (upgrading from 5link)

x2 Shimmerons vs 1Shim/1Shield is debatable, but if it were me, I would prefer x2 Shimmerons, here's why:
For example, in Shaper or U.Elders fight, I try to dodge everything and not to get hit, and if I get hit twice in a row, I die, with or without shield :D so I prefer going full deeps to end the fight asap :p :D I think a shield is only helpful if you can't cap res (but again, Master crafts and average gears should cover this matter just fine). Just my take, you pick yours :p

-----------------------------
Already covered in OP posts earlier, and in his guide in 1st page, iirc
x2 rares or x2 Moonsorrows are enough to self-farm x2 Shimmerons, 5ex per wand is stupid, self-farm is faster (have to reach 90 anyway hehe), only worth buying if it drops below 20chaos.
So buy the body armor, upgrades remaning rares until looting Shimmeron :p
"
RaPsKa wrote:

Dude arc is beyond broken right now so no, you don't need shimmeron to make it work at all. Buy 2 soul mantles and 5 link one of them and use it and try to 6 link the other. Use 2x Kikazaru's and buy a cheap Self Flagellation and you're set.
"
koros wrote:
"
RaPsKa wrote:

x2 Shimmerons vs 1Shim/1Shield is debatable, but if it were me, I would prefer x2 Shimmerons, here's why:
For example, in Shaper or U.Elders fight, I try to dodge everything and not to get hit, and if I get hit twice in a row, I die, with or without shield :D so I prefer going full deeps to end the fight asap :p :D I think a shield is only helpful if you can't cap res (but again, Master crafts and average gears should cover this matter just fine). Just my take, you pick yours :p

-----------------------------
Already covered in OP posts earlier, and in his guide in 1st page, iirc
x2 rares or x2 Moonsorrows are enough to self-farm x2 Shimmerons, 5ex per wand is stupid, self-farm is faster (have to reach 90 anyway hehe), only worth buying if it drops below 20chaos.
So buy the body armor, upgrades remaning rares until looting Shimmeron :p

thanks koros will go for 6 link, im assuming shimmeron is not that rare of a drop so self-farm sounds good to me. DPS is already disgusting with dual moonsorrows.
"
RaPsKa wrote:

thanks koros will go for 6 link, im assuming shimmeron is not that rare of a drop so self-farm sounds good to me. DPS is already disgusting with dual moonsorrows.

Yeah, in 3.2, 3 drops in 10 Yellow Elder runs for me, so it's not that rare.
What I did back then was to do "blind run" - spread Elder influence asap, run through every map asap, ignore everything but 1-slot currencies and 6-socket items :)
It's interesting to learn that people just list it for 5ex (so nobody will buy), instead of listing it for an ex or 2, and take avantage of that, before it price drops dramatically :) won't be long :P I'm out of town for a week, so maybe next week when I return, it will just be the cheapest piece of gears to buy :p hehe
Yo thanks for the build, first time totem build and it's pretty fun, just I'm wondering :

- Soul Mantle + Potion remove curses + Essence worm (wrath on it obviously) + basic ring + basic jewel damage

or

- Soul mantle + jewel self-flagellation + 2x Kikazaru

Which is the best that brings the most DPS ?

PS : If you check my build on my profile I don't play wand because the speed of clean brought by shield charge + brightbreak is insane. But on the other hand I intend later to take 2x shimerrons to be able to make bosses more complicated (I think I'm not 100% sure I'm waiting to see the DPS brought by one of the possibilities mentioned above)

Thanks.
"
Sylrus wrote:
Yo thanks for the build, first time totem build and it's pretty fun, just I'm wondering :

- Soul Mantle + Potion remove curses + Essence worm (wrath on it obviously) + basic ring + basic jewel damage

or

- Soul mantle + jewel self-flagellation + 2x Kikazaru

Which is the best that brings the most DPS ?

PS : If you check my build on my profile I don't play wand because the speed of clean brought by shield charge + brightbreak is insane. But on the other hand I intend later to take 2x shimerrons to be able to make bosses more complicated (I think I'm not 100% sure I'm waiting to see the DPS brought by one of the possibilities mentioned above)

Thanks.

Answered by OP in his guide on page1, but I would also like to share my thought on such matter.
1st option: SM + jewel S-F + 2x Kikazaru
- Much lower defense (lose alot of life/res/ele dmg): EHP is not that great with x2 rare rings already, losing another 140+ life from x2 Kikazaru will make it even worse, I prefer a more comfortable playstyle.
- Getting curses anyway (lol) - 20% effect of curses will further lessen EHP
- STILL have to use flasks to remove curses, anyway

2nd option: SM + curse flask + EWorm
- Flask management is the only matter, but once you're used to it, it will be more of a habit than actually manage anything :) , if still worry, then can just use remove curse on all available flasks

Because dps is more than enough (don't be too greedy on dps hehe) - If it were me, I would just focus on staying alive, 2nd option will always be my pick, for me - at least :p

Btw, it seems that the Atziri's Reflection shield has finally showed up (saw 1 on poe.trade listed for 1 Mirror - lol wtf) - the thing is not that great, imo. Will just stick with x2 Shimmerons, because flask management is a fun thing to do :p hehe

Lastly, you don't have to wait to test all those posibilities, use Path of Building (PoB), replace something, and read the numbers :p If you don't know how to use it, then learn to :p only take at most 30mins to figure it out, but will save your head from exploding :p
Cheers
Last edited by koros on Jun 6, 2018, 6:03:42 AM
Here my extended explanation on why Kikazaru + Self-Flagellation isn't worth (for me):

Using 2x Kikazaru will get you:
- Much less EHP, because you will not use Essence Worm (reserving mana for Wrath) and will not have a life ring.
- You will still get cursed at 20% effectiveness (you are not immune), lowering your potential DPS and survivability.

Using Self-Flagellation:
- You will gain a significant increase in DPS when cursed by at least 5 curses (medium value for Self-Flagellation [+15%] and Clear Mind [+50%] increased damage).
- You can have many more curses on you but rarely you will be able to sustain more than 4/5.

Flasks management (there's nothing to be managed :D):
- Use a flask "of Warding" with about 3 uses (I use ample diamond flask).
- Press them all! I have flask on 1,2,3,space (life on 4 when needed) before each pack or 2 packs or when you see curses or when you slow down (quicksilver expired and it has the same duration of diamond flask).

The moral:
In 3.3 ARC is overpowered!
You should prioritize defense as much as possible instead of damage.
Honestly I'm considering Eclipse Solaris for my setup.
Last edited by Gegemo on Jun 6, 2018, 7:40:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info