[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

"
Inva1987 wrote:
Soo the new Totem support gem Yes or No?

No!
so this happen

"The Hierophant node Ritual of Awakening no longer grants +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems. Instead it now causes skills that would Summon a Totem to summon two Totems instead, and grants 3% more Damage per Totem."
"

so this happen

"The Hierophant node Ritual of Awakening no longer grants +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems. Instead it now causes skills that would Summon a Totem to summon two Totems instead, and grants 3% more Damage per Totem."

The solution may be remove Ritual of awakening and Divine guidance, and put Illuminated devotion and Arcane blessing. Then in the gems replace the Arcane surge on conductivity link for another gem.
I think the build would be dead after patch notes.

Arc would be nerfed into the ground + changes to Hiero = DEAD

It's a pity , i've been planning to play it as starter .
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Last edited by Hey0cean on Dec 4, 2018, 5:59:34 AM
So here is my conclusion for SSF Delve league, using arc totems:

first of all i reached main goals with this build:
- lvl 100 - time consuming, but still!
- 600 depth (the onliest templar Softcore delve SSF, yay!)
- deathless Uber Elder (3-4 deathless, quite a few with 1-2 deaths)
- cleared Halls of Grandmasters

It was a marathon for me, and I must admit arc totems isnt best build for any part of the game, there are much better builds for clear speed, boss killing, deep delving, cheap endgame build etc.
But if you want to combine every aspect of a game, this is very good balanced build.

My personal preference was to build around pure live/mana pools, instead of going avoidance. Hate oneshots, rest can be dealt with…

Sooo here some thoughts about build in each aspect.

- clear speed: 8/10
most of times times it's limited with replacing totems and get few casts
Huge crowds can be an issue since you have to wait till arc kill it all, sometimes it is annoying in narrow places
On the other hand with CWDT+phase run, monsters switch to totems - making it easy to avoid damage while moving fast around
I end up with MF build (amu+2*rings+boots+gloves) can clear t16 maps with no problems unless crazy affix.

- boss killing 7/10
damage ramp up wont let you nuke unless you set totems before encounter.
totems die, damage gets lower.
not the highest damage even if you pop up everything, can be a problem for very endgame
no leech (got trolltimber shield, but never used it) - you have to adapt to playstyle including regen instead of leech
BUT:
place totem pretty much anywhere, watch boss mechanic and avoid it
high mana/life pool (with MoM 9k hits - and you still alive, including teleports from Shaper)
great regen, you can recover in so many situations with easy, just keep avoid damage.

- delve 6-9/10
It really depends on either you progress there or just farm for extra maps/currency
arc reach LOADS of darkness, can pull it and give you extra kills/loot
most of fight when cart reach destination you will replace totems and receive no damage, just waiting till all is melt down
sometimes extremely fast monsters can reach you before your totems start shoot it... lack burst to kill some rare monsters before they cast/attack.
for 350+ delves Call of brother hood/three dragons is the best choice to slow down and get rid of annoying corpse explosions, best QoL in delves.
I havent skipped any route on my way too 600. But clearing vaal/abyss/ruins areas is getting harder and longer, occasional death will happen. Imo, 800-1000 is quite possible but will be pure pain getting deeper.

- cheap (????/10) - i played it in SSF - so its viable, but depend on time/luck.

Loreweave - you l get it sooner or later, some + rarity helps to get unique rings, dont ignore it till you get your first 6l. (i farmed for 3 in totatl)
Essence worm - use orbs of chance, i ve have like 4-5 dropped rings after i chanced it.. in the end i managed to chance 2-nd ring, elder one.
helm/boots/gloves/amulet/belt - fossil craft/drops
2-nd ring. Call of brotherhood or uber elder ring (mostly for bosses) if you manage resists fine
jewels: clear mind + hypnotics/cobalts, spent over 10 exalts just to get proper 4-th mode. No luck with proper watcher’s eye.
weapons: rare wand/scepter. fossil crafting is decent, use 85+ scepter to get 20 elem damage as chaos.
Or you can farm t6-15 lvl elder for wand

Soul Mantle – didn’t bother at all. Yoloed +1 gems, now need 1500 vaal orbs for 6l if they safe vorici recipe. Might give it a try with shield from atziri’s prophecy. But no luck with it even though I farmed mortal fragments

Most likely I will skill Betrayal, I might go on with SSF standard on arc totems, if the changes wont kill it to the ground. No veil mods for 3 month – no extra totem, but ascendancy is screwed up.

Don't forget there is now a +1 to totems as a mod on shields in Betrayal.
"
Hey0cean wrote:

I don't see any mention of Arc in the patch notes. Did they remove it?
"
adamsaun wrote:
"
Hey0cean wrote:

No nerfs to arc on 3.5 Somehow it survived the nerf hammer that went around for a bunch of skills. Arc totems is still going to be a dynamite league starter.
Okay boys i have a question.
Will i be able to kill shaper with a rare wand(dunno what i be able to find in the first 2 days) and Exlipse Solaris?
Also planning to buy a +2 lvls Tabula.
Last edited by Lonsdalemax on Dec 4, 2018, 11:47:33 PM
"
adamsaun wrote:
"
Hey0cean wrote:

I'm pretty surprised and happy to be wrong that they didn't nerf it .

Because Arc is obviously OP .

My league starter is alive :)

███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info