[3.2] The Blue Man(a) with Purple Skills -- 934k Tooltip ED, now with deathless Uber Elder video!

you taking too much effort to prove something to someone as stupid and retarded, as me, i like how you are calling names. you had for sale 2 belts i sold early. i guess i needed to take screenshots too, if only id care enough
HC IGN:BBTYQQ
BEYOND IGN:QQNNTY
Last edited by q2ev on Apr 6, 2018, 12:39:46 AM
yup def a fun build so far, and only level 72. Thanks op, been really wanting to play a fun ED build, but kept hitting a wall at yellow maps, where this thing 2 shots the bosses(after ramping up the mana cost) regardless of map mods.

gear update-kinda, most of its the same i guess
Spoiler

And about y'alls comment chain, op is right about the belts being stupidly easy to craft. mine only took like 15c for the base. 3 beast crafts(belt life x3) then add a prefix, remove a suffix to 'finish' it. Only people really bad with their money would buy a pre-rolled mana recovery belt since it is such a common mod. :/
Last edited by djfang on Apr 6, 2018, 5:35:56 AM
One thing I wonder about this build. Why are Fevered Mind jewels so expensive?
I got lucky to get one myself after vaaling a random unique jewel but buying two is not cheap, especially if you want two good ones.

"
Namcap wrote:
Haven't had time to watch the videos yet since I'm still at work , but why is it titled "would I do this again? fuck no" ? Scares me a little with budget options since there's no way I could ever afford the expensive option in a league, but I love ED and wanted to get to end game bosses with it.

Also, 2345. Is this like Price is Right? Closest but can't go over?

Quoting myself here. What is so bad about the budget version? I don't have much currency (I don't sell anything, mostly SSF but I do buy some items if needed). I did get really lucky last night and 6 linked my Cloak of Defiance that I've been dumping all fuses in for 2 weeks now. I hope part of your issue with the budget option was the lack of mana cost from the 6th link / Empower.

The recent increase in Ex:C really screws me over as I haven't found any Ex this league and everything that was priced 1ex is still 1ex after the increase from 70c to 92c. Like all Fevered minds are listed at 1ex.
First of all - thanks for an awesome build. Wanted to try ED for a long time, but was always turned away by its low end game damage. And this build fixes it)

I have a couple of questions about ED mechanics -

1. If I use ED on the same target twice - do DoT effects stack? Or last one just overrides previous one?
2. If I use ED when my Indigon bonus is crazy high - does the DoT stay the same when Indigon bonus goes down? Or does DoT that is already on the target adjust its damage when Indigon bonus goes down?
3. Why dont you add some poison to the build? According to PoE wiki mods to spell damage DO apply to poisons dealt by ED. PoB shows huge increases in damage with Consuming dark (from 917k DoT to 1.07kk in my test setup)
Last edited by Agr1as on Apr 6, 2018, 10:02:51 AM
"
Namcap wrote:
I hope part of your issue with the budget option was the lack of mana cost from the 6th link / Empower.

Its basically just this, yes. The difference the last link makes is monumental.
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
"
Torin wrote:
Why are Fevered Mind jewels so expensive?

When I started this build, I had to pay no more than 3c for a high roll Fevered Mind. They weren't being used despite the fact they are about 1/50 Vaals. The price now reflects that. It may be a little high, but the Vaal Orb cost has inflated as well. Despite the hefty price tag, it still is relatively close to this expected value.
"

I have a couple of questions about ED mechanics -

1. If I use ED on the same target twice - do DoT effects stack? Or last one just overrides previous one?

2. If I use ED when my Indigon bonus is crazy high - does the DoT stay the same when Indigon bonus goes down? Or does DoT that is already on the target adjust its damage when Indigon bonus goes down?

Rule 1, only 1 damage over time effect from Essence Drain can be active on one enemy at a time. Rule 2, the highest damage over time effect takes precedence.

This is determined by your spell damage at the moment the projectile strikes the initial target. This means that ramping up with Indigon damage and dealing a massive damage over time effect can provide 6 seconds of damage as if you were capped on mana usage.

Other skills like Blade Vortex and Cremation update in real time. This is part of the reason why I picked ED. The other reason is that even though these other options do more damage, the clear is slower unless you are playing a Herald Elementalist.

"

3. Why dont you add some poison to the build? According to PoE wiki mods to spell damage DO apply to poisons dealt by ED. PoB shows huge increases in damage with Consuming dark (from 917k DoT to 1.07kk in my test setup)

I'll look into testing with it again. I suspect that the Initial hit is all that is scaling, which means you have to spam the skill throughout the duration to get the damage boost. (Which will eventually become impossible due to mana restrictions.)

Okay, so Brightbeak:

Consuming Dark:

Here's whats happening, the average hit is not added to the calculation of DoT DPS for the first. It is purely the damage from the Damage over Time effect. This makes it look like poison is doing lots of damage, but in reality it is not. To simulate this this effect on another weapon, click these two nodes:

This is an issue with PoB and not showing the average damage of ED on a build where the initial hit damage actually starts to matter.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Apr 6, 2018, 11:09:42 AM
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:

"

I'll look into testing with it again. I suspect that the Initial hit is all that is scaling, which means you have to spam the skill throughout the duration to get the damage boost. (Which will eventually become impossible due to mana restrictions.)

Thanks for answering my questions.

As for poison - even if it is only the Initial hit that is scaling, poison is applied for 2 seconds AND it stacks, so even poisons you inflict while ramping up do some damage. And it is not like weapon is giving this build too much:

- loss of mana/mana reg from weapon is negated by added poison damage;
- we do lose cast/attack speed (actually a lot of attack speed as Consuming dark is only 1.2 aps), so bit of QoL loss for some damage.

Last edited by Agr1as on Apr 6, 2018, 11:09:18 AM
"
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:

"

Thanks for answering my questions.

As for poison - even if it is only the Initial hit that is scaling, poison is applied for 2 seconds AND it stacks, so even poisons you inflict while ramping up do some damage. And it is not like weapon is giving this build too much:

- loss of mana/mana reg from weapon is negated by added poison damage;
- we do lose cast/attack speed (actually a lot of attack speed as Consuming dark is only 1.2 aps), so bit of QoL loss for some damage.

I updated my post, turns out it was just a POB issue, as expected poison adds about 0 damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info