[3.3] HeiroFat: the Pen Is Mightier (HC, All Content, Perm IC, Boss Killer)

I use Combustion in Frenzy to ignite for the new fire damage gloves mod AND fire Pen too in Poet's Pen as before.

Also note new ring/Romira's Banquet corruption:

Huge extra Mana+Regen this league too on Helmet and Boots and Amulet

Next goal is to get Poet's Pen with Penetration corruption. Was able to get a double Anger Watcher's Eye yesterday (Pen+Fire dmg leech)
Last edited by Tannhauser1 on Jun 13, 2018, 7:10:44 AM
"
There are lots of other options. With arc being strong, you could go full crit inquisitor with voll's devotion + cold snap (and the power charge jewel). If you use the new power charge on crit (it's a more multiplier now) as a support in both pens, this could generate enough endurance charges to maintain perm IC. It would do a lot more damage than the VD version because of the full crit, but will have a less HP and no movement skill (bodyswap) so you will have to run around the map.

If you didn't play HC, what changes to the build would you make?
Would it be possible to switch the bodyswap and immortal call into opposite pens? Was wondering incase there is any bosses I don't feel comfortable swapping around in. I figured having an extra blue for a support gem to swap into would be better then swapping another support into unearth and since I want Immortal Call on no matter what I was wondering if that was possible. EDIT: Realised the dps would go down bodyswapping with the first pen due to Immortal Call's cooldown. My bad lol
Last edited by KongBean on Jun 14, 2018, 7:19:06 AM
Does it matter in which wand i have the Immortal Call on? i feel like i am losing a lot of DPS by having it on the Volatile Dead wand instead of another support..
This build looks sweet - I'm debating between building towards either this or a similar indigon build (the one suggested in the OP) for my next character. Are there any notable differences between the two?

My intuition is that the indigon build would be a bit tankier (due to not needing to invest in damage nodes), but I don't know how accurate that is.
Does your pens have to be only 2 link or can i 3 link all both of them?
"
Does your pens have to be only 2 link or can i 3 link all both of them?

yeah you can 3-link both
Anyone else having issue with incursion timers? Any map with even one tanky mod and im struggling, and thats just in some underground sea power leveling.
How is this build with uber trials and uber lab? I riped in every try so i skipped the trials and uber lab on every build.
Farmed already one pen and want to start this build when i get the 2nd one.
"
Anyone else having issue with incursion timers? Any map with even one tanky mod and im struggling, and thats just in some underground sea power leveling.

Use a quicksilver flask of adrenaline and/or flame dash + faster casting (i would also recommend for mapping)
For the incursion minibosses for additional dmg (and other bosses maybe) a 4-link Vaal RF+ EleFocus+ Contr.Destruction+ Burning Dmg.
With good enough gear/damage won't need though.
Last edited by Tannhauser1 on Jun 19, 2018, 8:08:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info