[3.3] HeiroFat: the Pen Is Mightier (HC, All Content, Perm IC, Boss Killer)

Hello

Is it possible to use another skill and keep the damage / tankyness ?

I played VD last league and i'm wondering is arc / frostbolt etc are viable too ?
"
reeld wrote:
Hello

Is it possible to use another skill and keep the damage / tankyness ?

I played VD last league and i'm wondering is arc / frostbolt etc are viable too ?

From what I hear Arc + Lightning warp is a good set up with a switch to ball lightning for single target.
IGN: _FuRi
oh yeah i saw this on a witch build but will it work with this one too ? ( perma IC etc ) of course i'll remove the + fire damage on tree to take lightning

edit : hum nevermind, it's really a completely new build, don't think it's worth it to break both build by doing a mix
Last edited by reeld on Jun 6, 2018, 7:44:44 AM
Hello, Big Thanks for this very nice Guide :)

I read here APS not over 3.75, which APS u mean ?
Frenzy APS or how can i check the APS u mean ?

Thanks for answer and sorry for my English :)
"
flow25 wrote:
Hello, Big Thanks for this very nice Guide :)

I read here APS not over 3.75, which APS u mean ?
Frenzy APS or how can i check the APS u mean ?

Thanks for answer and sorry for my English :)

Frenzy APS is what you're looking at. You'll want to check it while you're attacking mobs with Frenzy charges active.
I've finally managed to pick up 2 Poet's pens to enable to this build and am having heaps of fun. Just a couple of questions that I've come across so far if someone could please help me out.

1. Where to people get their dex from? The only source I can see in OPs gear is on the amulet and +30 from a tree node, yet faster attacks requires 111 dex, where does the rest come from?

2. Why is GMP kept at level 2?

3. Why is Culling strike kept at level 1?

4. Why is Frenzy kept at level 1?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
IGN: _FuRi
Wondering why most have their CWDT-Enfeeble leveled to 20? Wouldn't it be better to proc more often at low level?
"
Shadowfuri wrote:
I've finally managed to pick up 2 Poet's pens to enable to this build and am having heaps of fun. Just a couple of questions that I've come across so far if someone could please help me out.

1. Where to people get their dex from? The only source I can see in OPs gear is on the amulet and +30 from a tree node, yet faster attacks requires 111 dex, where does the rest come from?

2. Why is GMP kept at level 2?

3. Why is Culling strike kept at level 1?

4. Why is Frenzy kept at level 1?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1. I use Atziri's Foible which lower requirements by 25%. Then, I either get added dex on a piece of gear or jewel. In Incursion, I picked up a jewel with total 26 dex and a couple of other useful stats.

2. We don't have anything that scales physical damage. Therefore, the damage from leveling GMP doesn't really help anything - you just want the extra projectiles for Unearth. Doesn't hurt to level it, just very minimal benefit.

3. Same answer here for Culling Strike - the physical damage is negligible. Culling strike is to clear the low life mobs, regardless of the size of the damaging hit.

4. Again, same answer for Fenzy. Frenzy's primary purpose is the Frenzy charges to help with APS and a fast skill to spam that triggers the "good stuff" in our Poet's Pens...

Note, it's pretty easy to hit 3.75 APS without a max'd level Faster Attacks. During Bestiary, I think I had to scale my Faster Attacks level back into the mid teens. Then, your highest DEX requirement comes from a level 20/21 Volatile Dead and Unearth (98/100).

"
Wondering why most have their CWDT-Enfeeble leveled to 20? Wouldn't it be better to proc more often at low level?

Personal choice. In Bestiary, I used CWDT to also summon my Stone Golem so I didn't have to manually re-summon when he dies (QOL) - therefore I wanted it to be max'd level. In Incursion (where my gear isn't as good as it was in late Bestiary), I'm currently using a low level CWDT+Enfeeble for more procs.
Last edited by joNDel_x on Jun 6, 2018, 5:38:00 PM
Here's an update for Incursion league. I've followed OP's skill tree, exactly, but my gear is a bit different this league. Per OPs suggestion, I've added in support for both Vaal Righteous Fire (helps quite a bit on bosses) and Vaal Impurity of Fire. Also, I replaced the summon on kill + arcane surge setup with Curse on Hit + Flammability. Still not sure if I like this better than using a CWDT+Enfeeble; but, I almost never die so I thought to try Flammability to see if it helps increase DPS.

I'm not 100% sure on all of the interactions, but it seems that the following should all work together and help with DPS:

- Ash Debuff from Xoph's Blood - 20% increased fire damage taken + 20% less movement speed
- Flammability - Cursed enemies have -(25-44)% to Fire Resistance
- The Wise Oak - Damage Penetrates (10-15)% Resistance with Fire my highest resist
- Watcher's Eye - Damage penetrates x% of Fire Resistance while affected by Anger

If all of the above are active, I'm not sure you even want to run Vaal Impurity of Fire - it might make it worse as it's possible you could already be in negative Fire Resistance area for target mobs/boss and Impurity of Fire would ignore Fire Resistance, making it effectively 0 (I assume that's how it works).

Also, by using Xoph's Blood, Avatar of Fire converts 50% of physical damage to fire, which we scale on the passive tree. With this, I've started leveling the physical gems (at least to my max dex ability) for a bit more damage output.

My next goal, after a few more levels and adding a jewel socket or 2, is to try and balance my resists to maximize the benefits from The Wise Oak. I was able to do this last league and thought that it helped. I also need a Watcher's Eye with penetration.

Below is my current gear setup - I'd love any suggestions on where to improve! The gear isn't great, but I think it's ok for this early in the league. Note, I'm still leveling some of the gems, but those will come pretty quickly I think.

Gear
Spoiler
Last edited by joNDel_x on Jun 6, 2018, 10:42:44 PM
Thanks for the tip with Vaal RF, included that. I also dont like Vaal impurity of Fire with our other penetration that much.

I would recommend gloves like these

- quite some extra Fire damage. Not sure if Flammability is reliable enough to ignite enemies, so I included Combustion support in the Frenzy (I dont use Life gain on hit, nor the Curse on hit mostly as I have not 6linked my chest yet, but also CWDT + enfeeble is enough for now)

For Amulet not sure if Xophs is worth it, other Amulet gives so much stats, also new Fire Leech mod is not bad

Alternatively I want to try out these, was quite lucky to get them in league already with these corruptions:

For Chest I just use this (Loreweave gives more Ele dmg mitigation yes)

Last edited by Tannhauser1 on Jun 7, 2018, 11:03:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info