[3.3] HeiroFat: the Pen Is Mightier (HC, All Content, Perm IC, Boss Killer)

can you get a leveling tree for leveling without pen? (to lvl 68) Any skill to use? Frostbolt totems? Arc totems? Softcore. Thanks
I will just level with firestom (freezing pulse before) AND one spelltotem with firestorm. (on HC get decoy totem)

Firestorm (make a +1 fire gems wand) + added lightning + ele focus (+fire pen or eefficacy or inc duration and maybe conc effect in for bosses)
Spell Totem + Firestorm + whatever above if you have free links
Flame dash + faster casting + arcane surge (low level)
Herald of Thunder
CWDT + Imm Call + Enfeeble

No need to get any totem nodes or totem ascendancy from my experience, so no need to respec alot.

You grab 1 skill effect duration wheel for firestorm in between (Exceptional performance).

Should be enough for t1 maps (blood acqueducts for sure) until we have the currency for poet's pens on day 2 or so.

I am also following more like this tree as I already plan for the Indigon version, which is a bit different, and alot stronger for uber elder for example, needs more currency of course, will take some days to get there.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766/page/1
Last edited by Tannhauser1 on Jun 1, 2018, 8:31:54 AM
thanks. Just playing the second day, feel like my dps something lackluster. Especially for incursions, and i'm only at t6 maps still. I took fire dmg nodes. That doesn't helped much. What else can you do, besides taking out IC gem?

VD with 1 link isn't that great, but i like bodyswap, so i can't turn it off. And if i will, running speed/flamedash is pretty slow. I'd like to go a curse, when i'll 5L my body armor to gain more dips.

Maybe there ppl played/playing this build now, but in SC?
I don't think Summon Phantasm on Kill Support is helping to trigger Arcane Surge anymore. I remember reading something about changes to triggering Arcane Surge in the release notes and I don't think I've ever seen it trigger, yet...
How about this new temple amu mod - fire dmg leech!

And wonder if we can activate this gloves fire dmg mod

Maybe with Flammability curse or Combustion support?
My level 1 arcane surge isn't proccing off of the phantasms when I attach it to frenzy. Did the skill change or am I missing something?
It is very possible this has been fixed.
Now that a few days have passed in Incursion, any new thoughts or ideas related to this build? I looked at trying to add RF (and Vaal RF), but the regen requirements seem a bit too steep for continuous RF. I have Vaal RF setup to help with single target, and it's been OK, primarily in the completed Temple runs.

I'm advancing through maps, smooth sailing, just as last league. Just looking for any ideas!
Last edited by joNDel_x on Jun 5, 2018, 11:02:44 AM
"
joNDel_x wrote:
Now that a few days have passed in Incursion, any new thoughts or ideas related to this build? I looked at trying to add RF (and Vaal RF), but the regen requirements seem a bit too steep for continuous RF. I have Vaal RF setup to help with single target, and it's been OK, primarily in the completed Temple runs.

I'm advancing through maps, smooth sailing, just as last league. Just looking for any ideas!

Some of the new mods are pretty nice. Fire damage to burning enemies on gloves, fire leech on neck, flat and percent mana/regen. Also, vaal impurity of fire is a nice damage burst. Overall, nothing gamebreakingly different. I'm working on a new higher damage pen build (no movement skill though). Started the league late, so I'm broke at the moment though.
"
I'm working on a new higher damage pen build (no movement skill though). Started the league late, so I'm broke at the moment though.

Would love to see what you're building!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info