[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
The spread is completely random, however, the more projectiles you get, the less likely it is to observe the edge case of every single projectile overlapping and the more even it will appear.
On another note, why didn't you take Perfect Agony? It seems like one of the most valuable keystones for a build like this and while 7 nodes away, you can double down jewel socket on the way and opt out of the one above Blood Drinker, bringing the cost down to 4. You can also opt out of Sleight of Hand which doesn't bring much of anything (albeit strong for 2 nodes) which drives the cost down to a meager 2 points. On my POB, it pumps up the poison damage by 18% (then subtract 4% from Sleight of Hand), well worth it.
It's already granted by Coralito's Signature.

If you pretended that flask didn't exist, it's actually still not a good cluster. For most builds, 30% effectiveness of crit multi is pretty bad, since you still have to invest into it.
Assassin is an exception here because he does more poison damage on crit and gets a lot of free crit chance awell.

Using your pastebin, Perfect Agony is only 2.4% damage per point (2.8% with diamond flask)
Let's assume that jewel is a 2-point investment, which you'd take in that case. You could subtract one skill point from the travel cost.
In that case, it's still only 2.8% (3.3%).
Sleigh of Hand gives you a total of 3.9% damage, and grants the QoL of having attack speed.

"
Incidentally, I'm up to 4x your initial builds damage now (without Wither). With Wither, I can almost touch 400k.
You also have 1/4 of my life recovery. Obviously I'm giving up damage by using LgoH rings.

My PoB is using a Wasp Nest an Thief's Torment, obviously it's easy to surpass.
That said, activating Frenzy Charges where you can't generate them and swapping Enfeeble for Temp. Chains doesn't mean you're dealing more damage.

Putting just the gems and configuration on even terms with my current character, you're dealing 4% more damage...
You can go higher if you get a fossil helmet with -chaos resist and a better claw.
Granted, my character doesn't have perfect gear either and is geared for taking on Uber Elder, not for dealing as much damage as possible. (and also not for Delving)

Right, I forgot about Coralito's. Outside of the flask giving Perfect Agony, it's a great cluster for this build, which is all that matters here. I guess I just have an aversion to flasks. I feel they are not that reliable in some situations (like boss fights).

I know your original POB had ratchet gear lol. I've been able to tank everything so far with just 40 life per hit. The only thing that kills me are one shots and the enemy getting the jump on me before I can attack. I haven't done Shaper or Elder yet, but I want to see what the cusp is. I'd love some godly Elder rings but I won't trade damage just yet till I know what the cap is. Having 1m HP when things hit you for 5 is a colossal waste. With that said, having 1m damage with 5 HP is also a waste lol.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
I haven't done Shaper or Elder yet, but I want to see what the cusp is.

All this back and forth over damage and you drop this info...lol.

The build had more than enough damage for all content in the game last league, with OPs not optimal PoB. This league brought us multiple straight up buffs for damage. I don't see the point in worrying about phat dps rings that are completely un-needed in exchange for half the LGoH.(less than half without GMP)
Can you do Uber Atziri with this build?
Im playing this build atm, lvl 92 but have no clue with poison damage calcs.

so i have a few questions

1) Theres a socket jewel 4 points away from the scion life wheel, is it worth taking this for another wildfire jewel?

2) What are your thoughts about lycosidae vs dual delve claw (with hinekoras amulet for +1000 accuracy)

3) is having 2 elder rings with t1 lgoh really that necessary to replace thiefs torment? How much lgoh is actually necessary? Cause i was thinking of using doedres ring for an extra curse

Thanks.

"
DrakeVincent wrote:
Can you do Uber Atziri with this build?
Yeah, I killed her both in 3.2 and 3.4.
You do need to dodge the Flameblast still. :p

"
Chico473 wrote:
1) Theres a socket jewel 4 points away from the scion life wheel, is it worth taking this for another wildfire jewel?

2) What are your thoughts about lycosidae vs dual delve claw (with hinekoras amulet for +1000 accuracy)

3) is having 2 elder rings with t1 lgoh really that necessary to replace thiefs torment? How much lgoh is actually necessary? Cause i was thinking of using doedres ring for an extra curse
1) Wildfire is limited to 2.

2) Molten Strike alternates between weapons, all you'd really get is the dual-wield bonus and global damage increases from the claws.
If you get accuracy, you need to give up something else on your gear that would give you either life or more damage.

3) It's not, but getting two rings straight up doubles your life recovery. The only thing that's necessary is a claw with lgoh.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Would opportunistic and ambush and assassinate be viable replacements for unstable infusion and deadly infusion?
"
NoxXxy wrote:
Would opportunistic and ambush and assassinate be viable replacements for unstable infusion and deadly infusion?
Ambush & Assassinate probably not, the full life part doesn't do much when you have many small hits and the low life part is a bit wasted (by the time you get an enemy to LL, it'll already have a massive amount of poison stacks).

Opportunistic adds about as much damage as Deadly Infusion (~30% if I remember correctly) against single targets, so you could consider it for the damage reduction or movement speed.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
I just got a Dying Sun from Shaper and I'm wondering if using it and swapping GMP for Vile Toxins might be worthwile. I'm playing the Volkuur's version, charactername is AssassinateMahFPS if you wanna take a look.
Did a bunch of fossil crafting today.

Abberant + Corroded didn't work for me at all, I never got an attack speed roll or an open suffix to even craft it.

I did 1 Abberant + Corroded + Shuddering

Second Try:

Going to try a few more times, gets expensive with the Shuddering being ~40c and giving me two shit rolls so far.
livejamie
Also with the Volkur's guide what's the best way to scale our damage?

Physical/Fire/Poison damage? What about Chaos Damage?
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info