[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
grandanes wrote:
Have you seen this guy's profile?

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Lokinir/LokiStabsThor?i=3&search=class%3DAssassin

Most interesting thing there to me was the use of withering touch in the main links. Not for clearing obviously but for Uber Elder and such it seems like it could be a good idea, as you mentioned that WTotem doesn't really work in that fight.

Also thoughts on vaal blight for the increased chaos damage taken?
Yeah I have. I like seeing people build a bit differently.

I was considering Withering Touch for Uber Elder, as it provides about 30% more damage over Deadly Ailments while I'm attacking.
The problem is the duration is only 2 seconds, so as soon as I walk away I would do 40% less damage than with DA.
In the end it's probably about as good, but I wanted my damage to be a bit more reliable.

Vaal Blight is pretty good, though there are also Vaal Grace and Haste.
I wouldn't really say any of those is strictly better than the other.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Sep 13, 2018, 2:40:24 PM

Whatever I'm so done with this game lol
Deliver pain exquisite
Since they added poison mods to aberrant, and they're cheap, I figured I'd try them out. Ran 40 of them, none gave 60% chance to deal 100% more damage with poisons.
I think you misunderstood that change. You still need corroded to get that more poison damage mod.
"
grandanes wrote:
I think you misunderstood that change. You still need corroded to get that more poison damage mod.

It isn't an unreasonable assumption based on the language, but obviously that's what I was testing. My results indicate that it either isn't available on aberrant, or is rare enough on aberrant that corroded are still better anyway.
Gemini or Imperial?
From what I've seen, an imperial will do slightly more damage if both rolls and mods are equalized in PoB, but the mana gain on hit makes for a decent QoL implicit that removes the need for mana gain from jewels. Only downside is the lower attack speed, and I'm concerned with survivability issues from, on average, one less attack per second on the Gemini vs the Imperial.
"
Nvnsqr wrote:
Gemini or Imperial?
From what I've seen, an imperial will do slightly more damage if both rolls and mods are equalized in PoB, but the mana gain on hit makes for a decent QoL implicit that removes the need for mana gain from jewels. Only downside is the lower attack speed, and I'm concerned with survivability issues from, on average, one less attack per second on the Gemini vs the Imperial.
Definitely Imperial.

A single jewel mod can give you enough mana sustain, but it can't give you 6.8% attack speed.
Also, higher life on hit.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
"
Nvnsqr wrote:
Gemini or Imperial?

This build's DPS scales geometrically with attack speed (at least until poison duration > fight length). This is not something PoB will show you on its own, it just shows you the linear scaling and relies on you to tell it "x poisons applied recently."

Attack speed is very important.
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
A single jewel mod can give you enough mana sustain, but it can't give you 6.8% attack speed.
Also, higher life on hit.

Ripping: 6-8% Attack Speed with Claws

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Jewel

Abyssal Jewels can also have the mod 6-8% AS provided you have crit recently, which on this build, has 100% up time.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Sep 14, 2018, 3:23:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info