[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
Hi, I love the build, but I'm wondering how good is this build as a potential starter for next league & If the removal of FENMUMUS gloves will affect the build alot?
Depends on what they're going to change. Bestiary might become part of the core game.
If they're removed I'll have to think of another gear combo.

Maybe there'll also be better items for the build, who knows.

"
Thinking about trying this build in HCSSF. I have 2 Wasp's Nests , Coralito Signature, Thief's Torment, 2 wildfires and a corrupted 6 link chest with the right colors. I need a bosskiller character however I´m reading that the lag is just too dangerous for HC, so I was thinking if BladeFlurry Reave
could work as well.

Also I´m wondering if I should dualwield Wasps NEst or if I should use Ahn´s Shield with Fragility Jewels ?

Oh and If I´m using The Embalmer, is the FB setup enough in a 5 Link ?
These are all questions I can figure out through trying it myself I know, but I still gotta ask lol.
The two rippy parts about this build are that you can't see some attacks due to screen clutter and the lag.
Lag won't happen in single-target fights, I also made an FAQ entry about that which can help a lot.

BF/Reave works, but I'd rather play a regular build for that I think.

I would go for Ahn's over DW.

FB should be OK on a 5l as long as you only use it for clearing.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Thx for the answer, let´s see how far I can take this build.
this is bad and poor explained... what is with critical strike do u fokus on critical because poison or u dont take critical at all, because looking on passive tree there is just mess, why not alira if u fokus on critical strike, leveling items are discibed realy bad, u cant start with read beak, and this unique items are realy bad for SSF characters, make guide for what they can use and what is good in leveling faze (fokus on physical or elemental damage), and for last ting, if this build can clear all map mods, and have ~almost vaal pact why it is not good for HC??? please sir EDIT this things
Last edited by ArchDevilCro on May 5, 2018, 9:26:52 AM
"
ArchDevilCro wrote:
this is bad and poor explained... what is with critical strike do u fokus on critical because poison or u dont take critical at all, because looking on passive tree there is just mess, why not alira if u fokus on critical strike, leveling items are discibed realy bad, u cant start with read beak, and this unique items are realy bad for SSF characters, make guide for what they can use and what is good in leveling faze (fokus on physical or elemental damage), and for last ting, if this build can clear all map mods, and have ~almost vaal pact why it is not good for HC??? please sir EDIT this things
1) Ailment builds scale a bit different than regular builds, but the TLDR is that crit multiplier generally isn't worth it, while crit chance is.
That's b/c it's very easy to get high crit with Assassin + Wasp Nest and you get a 95% bonus from the base multiplier and Ascendancy.
Perfect Agony is a really weak keystone and not worth building around, but it's still a DPS boost.
That's also why Alira is a bad choice.

2) Redbeak is a level 1 item. This is not an SSF guide, but by the time you have the core uniques you should also have all of the leveling items in SSF anyway.
It's not like you need them, they are there to make leveling easier. I'll make this more clear in the guide and add info for rares.

3) It's bad for HC because it's a dot based melee build that can cause lag and screen clutter.
It is tanky, but I've died to lag more often than anything else.
Builds and Guides:
Currently lvl 64 and having a blast. Claws make for a great levelling experience if you have the right pair for each level upgrade. And I can´t agree with the previous poster, you are doing a good job
helping ppl out, answering questions etc. It´s appreciated. I´ll keep posting my progress.
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
ArchDevilCro wrote:
1) Ailment builds scale a bit different than regular builds, but the TLDR is that crit multiplier generally isn't worth it, while crit chance is.
That's b/c it's very easy to get high crit with Assassin + Wasp Nest and you get a 95% bonus from the base multiplier and Ascendancy.
Perfect Agony is a really weak keystone and not worth building around, but it's still a DPS boost.
That's also why Alira is a bad choice.

2) Redbeak is a level 1 item. This is not an SSF guide, but by the time you have the core uniques you should also have all of the leveling items in SSF anyway.
It's not like you need them, they are there to make leveling easier. I'll make this more clear in the guide and add info for rares.

3) It's bad for HC because it's a dot based melee build that can cause lag and screen clutter.
It is tanky, but I've died to lag more often than anything else.

Congratulations, even with comments against continuous maintaining the forum level, it was the best build I played until matei shaper
Great guide!
One question. Molten Strike is a 40% less DoT dmg.
Naturally I can see the result from your videos but is this not a hindrance?
I'm not sure how to formulate a question around this. Just seems steep to get the poison damage almost cut in half?
Is the amount of stacks making up for it?

Don't know if any of that made sense.
"
SayroMovie wrote:
Great guide!
One question. Molten Strike is a 40% less DoT dmg.
Naturally I can see the result from your videos but is this not a hindrance?
I'm not sure how to formulate a question around this. Just seems steep to get the poison damage almost cut in half?
Is the amount of stacks making up for it?

Don't know if any of that made sense.
The damage penalty of the projectiles is the same whether it's a DoT or direct damage.
The line "Projectiles deal 40% less Damage" doesn't apply to poison because it doesn't deal projectile damage. It's the same reason why I don't take Point Blank.

The damage loss itself is just there to balance out the power of the projectiles.
Molten Strike is already really strong but without that penalty it would be ridiculous.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on May 12, 2018, 6:58:42 AM
Rerolled this build from my frost blades assassin stater in Flashback.
Here are some bits and pieces I experienced by playing so far.

1) DEFENCES
Defences of this build are insane. Obviously there is life gain on hit part with like billion balls, but nets from gloves + tempchains make everything so slow, so you dont even get hit much. And yeah stibnite does its part too, but I don't have blind on hit jewel yet. Since im using whirling blades (personal preference) I put basalt flask in aswell.
I could actually tank some insane T16, 4 essence, red beast, ghosted monster that was one shotting 8k HP, 84 all res, zeprhis RF guy :D (he probably got critted and I didnt because of smoke cloud).

2) DAMAGE
Did not play any other poison build since double dips removal so I can't rly judge the level of damage. It obviously takes some time to get stacks going. But you ussually dont mind since you can facetank everything.

3) MAP MODS
A lot of builds say you can do all map mods but this one is not lying. Ussual problems like reflect or cant leech dont matter, neither does no regen. Defensively (appart from some insane damage combinations) worst mod for you is monsters cannot be slowed below base speed, you will get hit much more but life gain on hit was still enough to overcome that during some T16 runs. Offensively 65% chance to avoid poison is obviously the worst but again you can still finish the map it will jsut take a lot of time.

4) CLEARSPEED and LAG
Well ye ancestral call combined with molten strike makes you lag as hell. Game is clearly not optimized for this ammount of balls :). White packs are ok since they die fast but magic, bloodlines, habringer packs, breaches, abysses and especialy beyonders lag your game so much. This makes you much more susceptible to stuff like bearers, heralds and stormcalls or detonates from beyond monsters since its really hard to dodge them while lagging. Clearspeed wouldnt be even that bad considering this is molten strike + poison build, but the lags add like minutes to the time you need to clear the map, no meme. Setup without ancestral call did not lag for me at all but you obviously lose a lot of poison stacks and balls to get lifegain on hit from. Frost blades setup is ok too, but swapping 3 gems was too much for me :D.

5) SOME MAP/BOSS SPECIFICS
Atziri/Uber atziri - Vaals and Trio are very easy for both versions, uber atziri trash is annoying as always but manageable with your slows. Uber atziri split obviously takes some time too to deal with but you can at least attack the mirror one (tho you rly want to drop stibnite on the one that throws spears).
Vaal temple - easy.
Gaurdians - No problems with any of them really. The ones with phases are obviously worse for your poison stacks so it adds some time for kills. Chimera minion phase is very easy thanks to temp chains and aspect of spider.
Elder - elder itself is very easy, can tank the rain, tentacles and other stuff. Obviously have to dodge slam. Portal phase is ok, once I couldnt protect Shaper but that was like T15 elder with 3 player HP.
Shaper - pretty standart stuff. Wither totem does some heavy lifting here. Can tank Unshaped with his frostbolt cascade.
Hall of Grandmasters - Tried like 2 or 3 halls for giggles. I have like 0 experience with running those so I didnt finish any of them. Most of the stuff is pretty easy. For block guys you need scorching ray (had only lvl 19). The most trouble gave me CI exiles who kept spamming vaal discipline and when I run out of flasks they either cursed or froze me which lead to my death. But im sure if you know more about the exiles and how to beat them you can finish this one too.
Did not try uber elder yet.

Overall this is very safe and effecient bosskiller. If you dont mind the lags you can clear some maps too but I would recomend clearing with another char :D.
Last edited by zhul0r on May 12, 2018, 12:35:17 PM
How are you getting the 40 strength necessary for the 2 wildfire crimson jewels? Every jewel slot anywhere near the shadow is all dex. Just curious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info