[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
saxisa wrote:
Silly question... why take unstable and deadly infusion ascendancy nodes?

Maybe I'm not understanding that +2% critical strike chance while at full power charges on Deadly Infusion. What's the difference between 'Critical Strike Chance' and 'increased Critical Strike Chance'? 2% seems so meaningless I'm just thinking I have to not be getting this.
Your weapon (Wasp Nest) has a base crit value (up to 7.88%) that gets modified by your %increased crit chance.
I.e. with a 200% increase you'll get a 23.64% chance to crit.

+# to crit chance doesn't increase the end result, but your base value. This means +2% will make your base value 9.88% and your end result with a 200% increase 29.64%.

"
ilku wrote:
Ohh, but how come it would reduce single target damage? Doesnt it mean more projectiles hit the boss and thus increasing the number or poisons and hits? Or am i thinking about this in the wrong way?
It's a bit difficult to describe, but basically AoE does not only impact the radius of the explosions, but also the travel distance of the projectiles.

The resulting percentage of area hit will still be the same, but since the enemies' hitbox doesn't grow with your AoE, less balls tend to hit the same target.

"
jlbarbosa wrote:
loving the build, I would like to video killing shaper.SHEPUUURD can evaluate my build. nice
Looks really good so far, get a level 21 Added Chaos Damage.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
When I use Purity of Ice instead of Temporal Chains, to kill Uber Elder, does Blasphemy become useless, any idea of another gem (blue) that he can use in place?

Nice build
"
zevargas wrote:
When I use Purity of Ice instead of Temporal Chains, to kill Uber Elder, does Blasphemy become useless, any idea of another gem (blue) that he can use in place?

Nice build
There's not really any gem I can think of.

Although if you want to minmax just for that fight, you probably should replace Vaal Grace for level 5 Enfeeble in the CWDT setup.
Builds and Guides:
You have any idea how to reduce latency freze/slow motion on this build? My fps was fine (drop to minimum ~45) but my latency looks like equalizer that make the game slowing and speeding all the time?

This is my current setup, is there anything I can upgrade here? I ended up using Carnage Heart because it help me max out my res and get the int I needed for really cheap.

Also can someone explain to me why we get all this crit? Isn't all our damage from the poison does the crit chance/multipler help?

Last edited by RexZShadow on Apr 7, 2018, 7:34:22 PM
"
loczek123 wrote:
You have any idea how to reduce latency freze/slow motion on this build? My fps was fine (drop to minimum ~45) but my latency looks like equalizer that make the game slowing and speeding all the time?
Adjust you network settings (it's in the guide).

Otherwise, all you can really do is try out other gem setups. Swapping GMP with Vile Toxins helps a lot, so does using Frost Blades.

"
RexZShadow wrote:

This is my current setup, is there anything I can upgrade here? I ended up using Carnage Heart because it help me max out my res and get the int I needed for really cheap.

Also can someone explain to me why we get all this crit? Isn't all our damage from the poison does the crit chance/multipler help?
Buy a lvl 21 Added Chaos damage, it does a lot.

The build doesn't scale too well with gear, but what you can still get is an enchanted helmet, a Stygian Vise and maybe Elder rings if you can afford good ones.
And yeah, the Carnage Heart should probably be replaced sooner or later.

We actually barely get crit, but instead get it passively from the Assassin ascendancy.
There are two reason for that:
1) Toxic Delivery makes poison deal extra damage on crits.
2) Perfect Agony (from Coralito's Signature) makes crit multiplier bonuses apply to poison. However this is relatively weak so getting crit multi isn't worth it mostly.
Builds and Guides:
Hello - Just wanted to say I am loving this build at the minute. I have never completed a map above T2 (Im a massive noob) before this build, after free farming T15 & Completing red elder for the first ever time I just wanted to say "THANK YOU".

At one point I thought I was going to have to quit on the build once I started lagging like crazy but after switching networking modes its free flowing again and I am happy.

I have a question also - Do you have any ideas/recomendations for upgrades? Is there some mirror worthy amulet ideas you have for example?

Thanks Again!
Thanks a lot for the build, having a lot of fun. Still trying to get a better amulet, a Stygian belt and little improvements , but it works really well on just 7-8 Ex investment. Just going for a little more life and leveling the gems.

How are you getting the wildfire jewel to work next to Golems Blood?
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
"
Divert wrote:
Hello - Just wanted to say I am loving this build at the minute. I have never completed a map above T2 (Im a massive noob) before this build, after free farming T15 & Completing red elder for the first ever time I just wanted to say "THANK YOU".

At one point I thought I was going to have to quit on the build once I started lagging like crazy but after switching networking modes its free flowing again and I am happy.

I have a question also - Do you have any ideas/recomendations for upgrades? Is there some mirror worthy amulet ideas you have for example?

Thanks Again!
The build's damage doesn't really scale that well with gear, but it doesn't have to either.

The most expensive (but useful) rares you could get would probably be a +1 curse amulet and Elder rings with life on hit.

"
Ishkabibble wrote:
How are you getting the wildfire jewel to work next to Golems Blood?
By inserting it into the jewel socket.
(It's in the FAQ)
Builds and Guides:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info