[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

$5,000 PC
and this build tanks my FPS. . .jesus
BUT when you're fighting a boss solo your frames are decent
"
kompegor1 wrote:
Hi, maybe it`s a dumb question but why not use 2xWasp nest? I understand that 100% hit is good but otherwise we get x2 damage from all nodes or am i wrong?
You're alternating between the weapons when dual-wielding, so all you're really getting is the dual-wield bonus.
Stats on the weapon are local and will not stack up if you're using two.

"
what is backloading damage?
The poison that can last over a minute :X

"
John_Yaya wrote:
Where do you get the req strength from? I keep hitting a point where I don't have the str to level up molten strike and ancestral call. Am I missing something?
I got enough from the passive tree, maybe you're not far enough into the marauder start yet?

"
i think you could swap ancestral call with ruthless during boss fight
Nope, check the FAQ. Same reason as Melee Physical Damage.

"
saxisa wrote:
So far really enjoying the build! Very tanky, have only gotten close to dying once or twice at level 34. Lycosidae is way out of my reach however, any suggestions for alternate leveling shield?
Just a rare shield like I'm suggesting already.
Most unique shields aren't great for the build.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 31, 2018, 4:57:01 AM
The gloves, can I change for any other?
"
sullyvanes wrote:
The gloves, can I change for any other?
They're the best gloves you can use by far.

Alternatives would be Embalmer or rares.

Edit:
PS: Looks like there's been a PoB update so Wasp Nest, Fenumus and the Helmet Enchantment now work properly.
I've added a new link with the working items.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 31, 2018, 9:27:21 AM
War of the oranges
Replaced GMP for Vile Toxin for less lag and more poison dmg lol, clears a bit slower but safer cuz less GPU killing =D.
I am preferring the Frost blade version of this, the other 2 versions lag out my poor machine too much due to it's age.

I am wondering if there is a way to improve the single damage ability ? It definitely clears well but I wish there was a way to make the single target a bit better. Other wise awesome work and I will keep playing it.

Congrats on Build of the Week.
"
rskrodzki wrote:
I am preferring the Frost blade version of this, the other 2 versions lag out my poor machine too much due to it's age.

I am wondering if there is a way to improve the single damage ability ? It definitely clears well but I wish there was a way to make the single target a bit better. Other wise awesome work and I will keep playing it.

Congrats on Build of the Week.
Thanks.

The whole point of the Frost Blades setup is that you can still swap to Molten Strike because it has the same colours. MS lags significantly less on single targets.

If you want better single target on Frost Blades, you can swap Ancestral Call and Chain for Deadly Ailments and Vile Toxins.
Although this will make your AoE significantly worse, to the point where Reave is probably the better skill.
Reave needs a bit different gearing to be optimal, but you can still use it like this.

I don't think you're going to have a great time on T16+ bosses without Molten Strike though.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 31, 2018, 6:18:54 PM
Ok thanks for the reply. I totally missed that point in the guide. I will see what happens as I go.

What gem can I lose if I only have a 5 link chest?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info