[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

This build is a "glass cannon" with a lot of "glass", but probably not enough "cannon" for lategame mapping.

I turned a white wind (this weird "use only one hand" dagger) Assassin into something similar to this because it has better damage scaling: Hatred, ToH, physical passives...
But I lost very high dodge and spell dodge and AA for this.

I only just cracked 5k life with level 88.
In my preplanned tree, I wanted to take all the frenzies, more sockets, more dps nodes... now I skipped all of this for life, life, life... and how many stupid little 4% nodes I had to take to even get to 5k... ;)

I still die way too many times to random damage spikes or game hickups (and there's a lot of this on my old computer). Still haven't given up to level him to 90. ;)

Current Gear:
Spoiler

I randomly vaaled "Curse with Temporal Chains" on some maligaros gloves, those are pretty nice for the build (monsters seem to be frozen forever and barely move).

90k DpS in hideout, around double that with 3 frenzy, 4 power charges (and a ton more due to hypothermia and all the assassin buffs).
5.1k life, 8k evasion, 30% dodge.

About the melee phys gem in my 6L:
I have more than enough damage on the projectile part for my mid tier maps, but found myself lacking a bit in the single target department.

And what other options are there?
PoB is crying for Elemental focus or Damage on full life...
But we cannot really justify this in a build like this.
We need the freeze, and dofl... no.

Ruthless is nice generic damage, but imho it's not a good choice in this league, I need some "control" to capture red beasts.
Crit + Ruthless + culling = a lot of necromancy nets needed ;)

Crit damage, ice bite, maim, cold pen ... underwhelming damage.

Frost blades is a weird skill, tough to properly scale.
It really hurts that we cannot use a stat stick in the offhand.

Maybe Dual Strike/Blade flurry and Hrimnor's gloves for single target?
Or molten strike?

Frost blades is amazing against packs, and "fine" against bosses... I maybe have around 400k fully buffed (when I swap in an Atziri flask) like the op says. Sounds ok.
But with such a squishy build, I really want some "serious" DpS. I'm talking "millions".
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Mar 23, 2018, 8:28:31 AM
Thinking about crafting claws, how do you think on what basis?shaped of course.
In general, I have an extremely funny assasin, but I did not take not working on the boses charges frenze. Pharm of all mod cards, but without hp mana lich did not try.
Last edited by volhz on Mar 23, 2018, 11:23:41 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
This build is a "glass cannon" with a lot of "glass", but probably not enough "cannon" for lategame mapping.

I turned a white wind (this weird "use only one hand" dagger) Assassin into something similar to this because it has better damage scaling: Hatred, ToH, physical passives...
But I lost very high dodge and spell dodge and AA for this.

I only just cracked 5k life with level 88.
In my preplanned tree, I wanted to take all the frenzies, more sockets, more dps nodes... now I skipped all of this for life, life, life... and how many stupid little 4% nodes I had to take to even get to 5k... ;)

I won't quote everything you wrote because that would make this page massive lol. Anyways, I appreciate the feedback, but you made a lot of the issues that you were facing yourself, your passive tree is a major derivative of mine, your gear is all over the place, such as missing belly of the beast, starkonja's hood, maligaro's gloves instead of a good pair of spiked gloves with life, and two life flask instead of just 1. Using 1 life flask, atziri's promise, taste of hate, quick silver, and diamond flask or any other utility flask would've done way better.

As I said, almost all the problems you were facing were made by yourself. This build has 5k life easily with just belly, I had 5.5k life before I got my headhunter and decided I didn't need to use starkonja's / good rings anymore because I was just killing everything so fast.

I disagree saying this build is a glass cannon, as we have a lot of HP late game, and we really don't die unless we do something stupid or just use bad gear such as the gear I use lol.

I may seem like a bit of a dick, but that isn't my intention, I truly do appreciate the feedback. I'm sorry the build didn't work out for you.

If you do contiune playing it, stick to the cookie cutter version a bit more and it'll work far better, as I've cleared t16s with this build with mf gear on.

Best of luck!
Last edited by Reloads on Mar 24, 2018, 1:44:25 AM
"
volhz wrote:
Thinking about crafting claws, how do you think on what basis?shaped of course.
In general, I have an extremely funny assasin, but I did not take not working on the boses charges frenze. Pharm of all mod cards, but without hp mana lich did not try.

Not really a fan of rare claws with this build, the unique stats these claws provide far out weight almost any rare claws.

So just stick with the unique claws unless you want to massively change the build to not make use of the chains.
Don't hit on my sweet selffound items. ;)

"
Reloads wrote:
This build has 5k life easily with just belly, I had 5.5k life before I got my headhunter

(...)

I disagree saying this build is a glass cannon, as we have a lot of HP late game

5.5k with nothing else but fortify and 30% dodge is still "glass cannon" to me (but ok, I'm coming from Juggernauts and Gladiators that have way more life, and max block or crazy endurance charges etc on top of that... and who STILL deal similar damage).

A 6L Belly has a bit of a price tag.
I'll have to wear my rare 6L a little longer. ;)

Starkonja or a rare with a good life roll, does it really matter?

---

But I managed to "fix" some survival issues and got to 90.

(I'll get the same enchant on another helm sometime)
With this helm enchant and lvl 3 enlighten, I can squeeze in arctic armor for some additional phys mitigation. I gave up curse on hit HoI, but what does it really do in bossfights?

I also went for the scion life wheel and two jewel sockets for abyss jewels with flat cold damage, life and (very important) chance to blind.
http://poeurl.com/bQPl
Now I can go on leveling and still have 5% and 4% life nodes to grab... and >6k life with a belly. ;)

Damage is still fine (PoB says ~350k with all the nice stuff except frenzy charges against a lvl 80 boss who is alone), and it feels a lot more tanky now.
Last edited by Peterlerock on Mar 24, 2018, 8:14:26 AM
What do you think about using tombfists?
"
Thuor99 wrote:

They're pretty good, I think using a rare pair of spiked gloves with high life and resistance is better late-game, but using them until then is totally fine.

If you want to use them, be sure to use a murderous eye jewel.
"
Reloads wrote:
"
Thuor99 wrote:

They're pretty good, I think using a rare pair of spiked gloves with high life and resistance is better late-game, but using them until then is totally fine.

dps wise nothing comes close to them and with 2 good jewls with some health on them seems higher life as well. Did pay 200c for my setup do :)

PS: dou you think you can use a high dps claw as ond only 1 touch ? or maybe just 2 high dps claws with this build aswell?
Last edited by Thuor99 on Mar 25, 2018, 2:34:37 PM
"
Thuor99 wrote:
"
Reloads wrote:
"
Thuor99 wrote:

dps wise nothing comes close to them and with 2 good jewls with some health on them seems higher life as well. Did pay 200c for my setup do :)

PS: dou you think you can use a high dps claw as ond only 1 touch ? or maybe just 2 high dps claws with this build aswell?

I've been thinking about maybe once I'm done with my break of PoE (taking a 1 week break burnt out pretty hard) that I will try and maybe buy a lycosaide and use that with full mf gear because accuracy is a problem with mf gear, but other than that touch of anguishs are so good for their price tag that there isn't much point to upgrade, ya' know?
"
Reloads wrote:
but other than that touch of anguishs are so good for their price tag that there isn't much point to upgrade, ya' know?

... and they are a pretty gpood candidate for the 30% corruption with only flat damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info